Thai Paint Manufacturer to Build New Factory

geovalin

KhmerTimes/Sum Manet

Thai paint manufacturer TOA Paint (Thailand) plans to invest at least 1 billion baht (about $28.2 million) in three new factories in Cambodia, Myanmar and Indonesia, according to a report in Thai newspaper The Nation. Pongcherd Jemeekornkul, the president of TOA Paint (Thailand), told the paper that after establishing its sales representative offices and warehouses in Cambodia and Indonesia, the company had seen the huge potential in both countries. Therefore, the company had decided to build two new factories in Cambodia and Indonesia, with an investment of at least one billion baht, Mr. Pongcherd said.

The new sites will occupy large areas of land and all the plants are expected to be ready for production by the second quarter of next year, the report. “The paint market in neighboring countries is very alluring as these markets strongly prefer Thai products,” he said.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/23284/thai-paint-manufacturer-to-build-new-factory/

This company might do better to sort out its network of distributors in Thailand first. I bought a, I think, 3.5 litre can of Toa paint from a shop in Chiang Mai, I had them shake the can. On getting home I took the top off of the container only to find a full half inch or more of skin on the top, even the shaking never moved it, took it back and all they could say was "soooooory, we can't exchange it because you have opened the container" I have not dealt with this shop since or bought Toa products since and will continue not too. I was very tempted to pour the contents on to their glass counter but was worried about maybe being deported for such behaviour.