Phuket investors dream big with world’s highest Ferris wheel

snoop1130

Phuket investors dream big with world’s highest Ferris wheel
Chutharat Plerin

post-249866-0-12741000-1459257356_thumb.

PHUKET: -- The world’s highest Ferris wheel will be built in Phuket, investors announced this afternoon.

“The Giant Ferris Wheel will break the record for the highest Ferris wheel in the world. It will be Phuket’s land mark,” said Igor Protasov, the chief executive officer for Thai Business Development Co Ltd (TBD).

Currently, the highest Ferris wheel in the world is the ‘High Roller’ in Las Vegas, which is 167.6 meters high.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-investors-dream-big-worlds-highest-Ferris/63559?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-29

"“They have designed and built six of the world’s largest Ferris wheels, including the 90-metre one at Mirabilandia Park in historic Ravenna, Italy, Europe’s largest"

And the London Eye is 135 Metersbah.gif But as the title says "Investors Dream Big"

A little birdie mentioned something to me about being in the new King Power complex going in behind the huge King Power building which I',m pretty sure is on the Anuphas family land. How it will pass all the envirornmental aspects is beyond me . Those Anuphas people seem to like to go into JV's by donating the land, then getting some good points out of the JV.

Edited by steelepulse

I thought they kicked this around years ago.....at the park by Bangla. Whoever dares go on it.......look out. Could suffer from brake failures or intoxicated workers.

Brake failures on a ferris wheel luckily wont be very dangerous

I thought they kicked this around years ago.....at the park by Bangla. Whoever dares go on it.......look out. Could suffer from brake failures or intoxicated workers.

I predict that they will 'fail' allowing the wheel to accelerate to high speeds catapulting suicidal farangs far out across the bay.....

Being new it should be OK for about a year till lack of maintenance takes over. Usually this type of nonsense appears along with the worlds tallest buildings just before the world economy tanks.