Video: Runaway 18 wheel truck smashes into cars after brakes fail

webfact

Just the other day,there was an article,of how Haulage companies could overload their trucks if they received permission from Land dept.going down hill,if you have been trained,you do not use your brakes excessively,but use low gears and the engine, to slow you down to a manageable speed.not the case here I think. regards Worgeordie

And your exhaust or Jake brake.

Already can't wait to see this guy in prison or heavily fined really soon, just so we got something to compare to the chick and the mercedes dude news that we are hearing so much about right now....you know, "justice" and all Oo

I'm not sure if the driver is at fault? Its more the fault of the system due to a lack of maintenance. Its his company's fault for not servicing the brakes, possibly?? Trucks often jack knife in Europe during heavy snowfalls... I do agree that it's possible they will blame the driver and yes he obviously is not the heir to a fortune or he wouldn't be driving a truck for a pittance...

I've driven this road many times. On the steep section down to Kabinburi there are 2 lanes down and one up but of course with trucks crawling up at 10kph everyone is overtaking going up too, crossing the double yellow lines to do so, and not just where you can see what is coming either. The vehicles parked on the hill in front of the big truck will not have helped. I suggest he lost control when he came round the bend, saw the stationary trucks and tried to swerve round them because his speed was too high. I doubt brake failure was the cause, more driving too fast to cope with an unexpected blockage in front. He has just passed an emergency gravel trap which he could have used if his brakes had really failed.

I wonder what happened to the black pick up overtaking like an idiot before the incident. maybe he reaped his due reward.

Many accidents on this road including a big bus accident involving school children a few years back which first led to the call for the double deckers to be taken off the road, or at least stability tested. Difficult to widen it as it separates 2 national parks where the animals are supposed to be able to cross between them in order for the Dong Payayen complex to retain its world heritage status. In fact there are supposed to be animal bridges by now. In a Western country there would be a tunnel through the mountain, but i don't think they like the idea of road tunnels here, and with the construction and driving records I can see why that might be a problem.

does it sound bad if I wished the black pick up was on of the cars that was hit? sick of impatient drivers cutting by driving on the opposite lane...they do get what they deserve

That's what I thought , barely 30 secs in and I said out loud " Where does he think he is bloody going "