Water Bill

Village water bill guy showed up yesterday with bill for 210 Baht, 22Jan > 24Feb16. That's about right for when there is water service but we've been on rationing hours since December, escalating to what is now a trickle every 3rd day, if that.

Wife paid the bill but put the water guy on notice. We shut the city water tank incoming valve, cleaned out the tank and started taking well water delivery by truck 3 to 4 weeks ago.

Well water delivery guy came by shortly after this and said we should ensure all our hose/pipe valves are closed as air moving through the pipes at times of random, low pressure delivery, could cause higher, erroneous readings.

Heading out shortly to eyeball the meter and may just shut the master incoming valve altogether. I'm not a natural domestic handyman type so I never gave it much thought until now. Thought I would mention here, although it may be a no brainer to many.

Well water delivery guy came by shortly after this and said we should ensure all our hose/pipe valves are closed as air moving through the pipes at times of random, low pressure delivery, could cause higher, erroneous readings.

The water meter works via a spinning mechanism that is driven by water that turns it. Seriously doubt if "air" can turn an impeller designed to spin via water flow

post-10942-0-12363600-1459391177_thumb.p

The water meter works via a spinning mechanism that is driven by water that turns it. Seriously doubt if "air" can turn an impeller designed to spin via water flow

attachicon.gifmeter.png

It absolutely can.

The water reader man/lady here in the village have been having trouble reading our water meter because it was located too far from the fence, so as the water supply here in the village was off the other day I took the opportunity to move the meter closer to the fence. When I cut the pipe on the house side of the meter, the negative pressure caused by the lack of water in the public pipes sucked air in from the cut and made the meter spin very quickly backwards.

Sophon

attachicon.gifmeter.png

It absolutely can.

The water reader man/lady here in the village have been having trouble reading our water meter because it was located too far from the fence, so as the water supply here in the village was off the other day I took the opportunity to move the meter closer to the fence. When I cut the pipe on the house side of the meter, the negative pressure caused by the lack of water in the public pipes sucked air in from the cut and made the meter spin very quickly backwards.

Sophon

Sounds like a good result........... wish I could try that.........whistling.gif