Already 100 Cambodian women rescued from overseas this year

geovalin

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Effective, Claims Spokesman

Khmer Times / Mom Kunthear
Thursday, 31 March 2016

Nearly 100 Cambodian women were rescued and safely repatriated after being mistreated by overseas employers during the first three months of this year, Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Chum Sounry said yesterday.

Cooperating with Cambodian ministries in a variety of countries, the ministry has repatriated 98 Cambodians so far in 2016. Thirteen women from China, 38 workers from Malaysia, one woman from Laos, one woman from the Arabian Peninsula, two from Russia, 36 from Vietnam and seven from Thailand have been rescued.

“Besides rescuing the victims who were cheated, the ministry also helped send workers to work legally in Thailand through an MoU. A total of 21,485 workers went in the first three months in this year,” Mr. Sounry said, adding that 1,368 Cambodian workers were sent to work legally in South Korea since the start of the year.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/23475/ministry-of-foreign-affairs-effective--claims-spokesman/

During my visit to Thailand in December 2015, I noticed that there were

a lot less people sitting on the sidewalks, begging for money. I was told that the

Thai government and police had cleaned up the situation by letting people know that

they would be arrested if they were in Thailand illegaly so many ot the street beggers

quickly returned to their own countries. I still see some Cambodians, and people

from Mynmar in Thailand, but these people seem to be happy to be working and living

in Thailand. It is still Asia and is still very interesting to go and visit, but I am having

second thoughts about buying a place and living in Asia for any length of time. I guess I

will be a Canadian snow bird for now. However it is good to see that some Cambodians

were able to get back home after being abroad and being treated unfairly.

My buddy went to Cambodia, and he had his passport stolen, his camera stolen and

a few other items that he had left in his hotel room for less than 15 minutes. He said it is the last time

him and his wife will visit that country. It was cheaper than Thailand but he was turned right off by

the thefts of his property.

I have had very good luck in Thailand and have only had a cheap camera taken at a bar

when my back was turned,. but even that was several years ago.

Geezer