Backhoe what is a fair price to hire

Thank you, that sounds very good, I was happy to pay 2,000 to 4,000 to get the work done, need to dig out a small dam as it has filled up over the years with rubbish. Someone had said to me about 10,000 but I am not that stupid. hahaha

All ways helpful to other peoples experience so can get an idea of what is fair.

Thank you

Edited by stupidfarang

As menttioned most want a full day pay to do small jobs, transport to an from site, etc etc,

If you can find someone that has a scrapper which was orginally built for pulling by buffalo or horses, it and a small tractor may be all you need to clean the fill out. Depends on the room you have to get machinery in, but if you can get a backhole in, a small tractor with scrapper should have room to do the work. The older farmers in your area will know if anyone still has the old type or a modern one that is hooked up via 3 point hitch.

As menttioned most want a full day pay to do small jobs, transport to an from site, etc etc,

If you can find someone that has a scrapper which was orginally built for pulling by buffalo or horses, it and a small tractor may be all you need to clean the fill out. Depends on the room you have to get machinery in, but if you can get a backhole in, a small tractor with scrapper should have room to do the work. The older farmers in your area will know if anyone still has the old type or a modern one that is hooked up via 3 point hitch.

I will check with the locals to try and find some one with a backhoe, I may well have to pay for a whole day mmmmm. I know it is only about 2 hours work but there is travel as well. Will give feed back once I have sorted the work and the hire

the family that do this sort of work in the wifes village use 20 ton "macros" nothing smaller around here. price. always 5 thousand just to deliver machine, maybe more if it is a long way away? maybe free delivery if big job... then its by how many cubic metres they will be moving, then if you want it trucked out ect... if you say only a couple of hours expect 10 thousand baht..... cost it like it was your business (macro) and then you will see people will not bother for afew thousand baht.

eg. had a machine digging next to the wifes farm, got the guy to drive over in his machine, 30 metres. dig a small hole, then dump that back onto a dam we already had. 2 thousand baht.

the family that do this sort of work in the wifes village use 20 ton "macros" nothing smaller around here. price. always 5 thousand just to deliver machine, maybe more if it is a long way away? maybe free delivery if big job... then its by how many cubic metres they will be moving, then if you want it trucked out ect... if you say only a couple of hours expect 10 thousand baht..... cost it like it was your business (macro) and then you will see people will not bother for afew thousand baht.

eg. had a machine digging next to the wifes farm, got the guy to drive over in his machine, 30 metres. dig a small hole, then dump that back onto a dam we already had. 2 thousand baht.

interesting, maybe I will end up paying 10,000 bhat. Thanks for the realistic info, I will let you know how I get on am there next week so will know soon

Down in Trang I paid 800 baht/hour for a small backhoe for a couple of hours work,if it were longer it would have been open to negotiation....this is the local price not inflated farang price thumbsup.gif

Down in Trang I paid 800 baht/hour for a small backhoe for a couple of hours work,if it were longer it would have been open to negotiation....this is the local price not inflated farang price thumbsup.gif

Good price, and nice area to live in :) Did you hire the digger from a local company and do the work yourself or did they come to you and supply a guy to do the work? I will be hiding from site, leaving the pricing to my partner to do, want a fair price and not a farang price

In Loei province we just had a pond dug. It was a pretty large CAT excavator. He charged 1,800 baht per hour. The total cost of what we had done was 20,000 baht. We have had quite a bit of work done over the years and have found that the higher hourly price for a big machine ended up a lot cheaper. The first pond we ever put in was done with a piece of junk excavator. He had to stop and put hydraulic oil in about every hour. We paid a cheap hourly rate and got a poor expensive job. Live and learn.

In Loei province we just had a pond dug. It was a pretty large CAT excavator. He charged 1,800 baht per hour. The total cost of what we had done was 20,000 baht. We have had quite a bit of work done over the years and have found that the higher hourly price for a big machine ended up a lot cheaper. The first pond we ever put in was done with a piece of junk excavator. He had to stop and put hydraulic oil in about every hour. We paid a cheap hourly rate and got a poor expensive job. Live and learn.

there is that old saying "you get what you for". We all have learnt that lesson. Ideally I would like to do the work myself but not sure if you can hire a backhoe like you can in the UK.

In addition to the small pond, he took out a huge stump. It was the size of a car when he got it out. We also had a large termite mound. My wife was in charge of the project and I asked her why he only took out half of the mound. She just shrugged and I got no answer. I think she was worried about having to pay for another hour. If it had been my money, I'm sure the pond would have been bigger and the termite mound would have been leveled.

We also had a large termite mound.

Termite mounds aren't all that difficult to remove. We used them powdered up to make dirt carport floors and tennis courts.

Use an axe to chop around the edge where the mound meets the ground. Its just a matter of crowbars and some brute force to tip them over after that.

We also had a large termite mound.

Termite mounds aren't all that difficult to remove. We used them powdered up to make dirt carport floors and tennis courts.

Use an axe to chop around the edge where the mound meets the ground. Its just a matter of crowbars and some brute force to tip them over after that.

This mound was about 8 feet high and 20 feet in diameter. It had 6 inch trees growing on it.