Son-in-law Dead After Being Shot With a Shotgun Following Argument in Mae Teng

webfact

Son-in-law Dead After Being Shot With a Shotgun Following Argument in Mae Teng
by CityNews

cm22.jpg

CityNews – At 6am this morning in Mae Taeng, April 4, a heated argument between a man and his son-in-law left the son-in-law dead after the father-in-law shot him twice with a shotgun.

Police were called to the scene where they found 59-year-old Srimueng Keankow standing over his son-in-law, 31-year-old Santipong Rikha who was already dead from a fatal shotgun wound.

Santipong was a Sergeant Major 3rd class in the Royal Thai Army.

According to the father-in-law who was immediately arrested, Santipong had married his daughter and had two sons with her before he was stationed in the South of Thailand. When he returned, Santipong and the daughter split up.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/son-in-law-dead-after-being-shot-with-a-shotgun-following-argument-in-mae-teng/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-04-04

Although this is a tragedy, I did get a slight chuckle from the city life report where it was stated the the police were going to prosecute Santipong immediately...... someone call the Guinness Book of World Records. It's got to be a 1st for Thailand.

Although this is a tragedy, I did get a slight chuckle from the city life report where it was stated the the police were going to prosecute Santipong immediately...... someone call the Guinness Book of World Records. It's got to be a 1st for Thailand.

I'm guessing that the guilty guy is not a HiSo, hence the fast track... One law for the rich, and one for the poor.. Thainess..thumbsup.gif

"Santipong drew his .38 handgun to threaten Srimueng, so Srimueng took out his shotgun and shot Santipong in the arm. After being shot, he tried to run away but Srimueng chased after him and shot him again, fatally."

Sergeant Major, pulls out a .38, but the old guy has enough time to get his 12 Gauge out and shoot first--something's not quite right here.

Edited by haybilly

I'm guessing that the guilty guy is not a HiSo, hence the fast track... One law for the rich, and one for the poor.. Thainess..thumbsup.gif

If he was hiso he would've claimed he shot him accidentally. He was cleaning the gun and it went off, twice, with re-loading in between. Tricky to clean some models.

Well the old man ( father in law) should learn to keep his mouth shut. Admitting to shooting him once and then chasing him down the road, as he is running away, to finish him off, might be the statement used to put him in the slammer for a long time.

Hard to claim ''self defense, I felt he was a threat to me, I felt he was a threat to the family, etc" when you let your mouth run off like that, even if it was the truth.

Some real Nutters going around......, nothing is worth killing someone for...NOTHING.....

It is probably more complicated than you think. The son-in-law has left his daughter with two small children,it is unlikely that he will pay any alimony or help with the children's upbringing. This is an organizational and financial disaster for the old man who will in his old age have 3 more mouths to feed,should his daughter find employment he will be the one who will have to find the time to look after the children as well as work the farm. It is easy to imagine a wave of hate coming over him.

Shot him twice? <BAM> click, thump, click...<BAM>.

Of course, he'll plead that he needed to load and fire the second shot because his life was in danger, sorta the same defense US cops use after emptying a 15 mag cartridge into some kid for jaywalking.