Thai's buying movie tickets

banagan

Anyone notice how long it takes Thai's to buy a movie ticket? Sometimes there's paperwork going on, playing around on their phone, I'm assuming its some sort of discount or coupon stuff going on.

I'd like to suggest a countdown clock at each counter, I think 3 minutes is enough, then a trap door opens and you're never seen from again. Next.

My credit card gets me buy one get one free. If it takes the counter a long time to process, they should find a way to make the promotion work. An average days work in Chiang Mai will pay around 500B, so 100B saving is worth the 5 minutes for the average customer.

So you're saying change the clock to 5 minute countdown? What sort of card? Sounds like a good deal, except for those being held up... maybe a cash only no promo line would work.

My credit card gets me buy one get one free. If it takes the counter a long time to process, they should find a way to make the promotion work. An average days work in Chiang Mai will pay around 500B, so 100B saving is worth the 5 minutes for the average customer.

I try to get to a movie every week and to be honest I don't see that happening. For the most part I go to the Major theaters and very few people go to the counter. Most have cards. There is an attendant there at all times to help you with the card machine.

Promenada has no cards and hardly any one there. I have yet to wait there to get a ticket. Not sure about the Maya. I had trouble at KSG but I don't ever go there any more.

I reserve tickets via the mobile app for Central Festival regularly. It is without a doubt the most cack-handed way of paying for reserved tickets in history. Find a girl with a card. She uses her card to pay for the tickets. You pay her. Then you wait for change which apparently nobody ever considered might be needed. Having said that; it's not the end of the world and doesn't put me off using their service in the slightest. Movies in Thailand are so insanely cheap that it's hard to complain about anything associated with them - particularly when audiences don't talk all the way through the movie (as they do in much of the rest of Asia).

I try to get to a movie every week and to be honest I don't see that happening. For the most part I go to the Major theaters and very few people go to the counter. Most have cards. There is an attendant there at all times to help you with the card machine.

Promenada has no cards and hardly any one there. I have yet to wait there to get a ticket. Not sure about the Maya. I had trouble at KSG but I don't ever go there any more.

I agree with you butyou were more lucky than me with the queues.

I go to SF Promenada often and many Thai seems to need discussion between themselves and staff to buy tickets. What promo to use and where to sit....Then the coupon or card discount or Mobile phone discount are registered in a ledger ( manually ) . and for those with a card discount the tellers go to the other end of the counter to use a specific car reader and issue a sale slip or coupon slip. A lot of red tape for the zillion different promotions..

Quiet a show and it would be nice to have a cash sale line..

Fortunately I try to go on the early show to avoid the large crowd buying tickets

I am surprised they do not have automatic tellers . Do they have them at SF Cinema elsewhere ?

At Major Cineplex Airport , they have a lot of automatic machine to sell tickets and staff to help and a counter for people with coupon problems.

Quite a bit more efficient...

Edited by cnx355

Don't bother with Cinema anymore unless I'm at a loose end in one of the malls.

I watched Spotlight in KSK a couple of weeks back, rare English version.

Kind of funky, took me back quite a few years when KSK & Vista over the road

were the only game in town

Now I've got used to watching them on TV via my computer, often before they are on general release.

Bank card discount, student discount, senior citizen discount.

There's a lot of paperwork in each one, and if it get's me in for half price, you can wait.

Just wait until you go to 7-11.

Their latest discount, spend 50bht and get a till receipt to buy a discounted item (bar code on receipt).

So everyone runs their basket through the checkout twice now, once for the discount receipt, second for the discount item.

Edited by BritManToo

Don't bother with Cinema anymore unless I'm at a loose end in one of the malls.

I watched Spotlight in KSK a couple of weeks back, rare English version.

Kind of funky, took me back quite a few years when KSK & Vista over the road

were the only game in town

Now I've got used to watching them on TV via my computer, often before they are on general release.

Saw a movie a few weeks back in KSK, in English! Just me and the date in the cinema, awesome, although she thought the place was haunted.

I reserve tickets via the mobile app for Central Festival regularly. It is without a doubt the most cack-handed way of paying for reserved tickets in history. Find a girl with a card. She uses her card to pay for the tickets. You pay her. Then you wait for change which apparently nobody ever considered might be needed. Having said that; it's not the end of the world and doesn't put me off using their service in the slightest. Movies in Thailand are so insanely cheap that it's hard to complain about anything associated with them - particularly when audiences don't talk all the way through the movie (as they do in much of the rest of Asia).

That's true, apart from playing on their phones, they do keep their trap shut. Japan is also good for this, China... not so much.

I feel the same when I'm waiting in 7 to buy water.

Standing there staring at the choices. If you are Thai or live here you will have a preferred choice.

Nope, its like they can't choose between the chocolate or the strawberry.