Four year old dies tragically in a baking hot car parked at a Thai funeral

webfact

Four year old dies tragically in a baking hot car parked at a Thai funeral
Thaivisa Reporters

kk.jpg
Image: Dailynews.co.th

KHON KAEN:-- A four year old died tragically at a funeral after she died in a car left in the blazing afternoon sun in the north east of Thailand.

It appears the little girl was playing and climbed into the car unbeknownst to those at the funeral. When she was found to be missing a search was made but it was some hours before she was found dead in the back of a Toyota Corolla.

Sangharn Makaew,53, a village elder in Khua Riang district of Chumpae took his granddaughter Kanyaphat Sunanon, 4, to a house in the village with his wife in the late morning. A funeral was being arranged and while the adults attended to matters several children played together nearby.

In the afternoon when it was time to go home Sangharn could not find his granddaughter and a search was made. It was not until 8pm when a villager found the lifeless body of the girl in the back of the car. They frantically tried to revive her but it was too late.

Police sent the body for detailed autopsy. They suspect that the girl was playing with other children and climbed into the car and fell asleep and suffocated in the blazing heat of the afternoon.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-05

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It begs to wonder how long it took before the parents or grandparents ever thought about where this poor child was. What a waste of life mostly due to poor parental guidance and supervision. If this was in my country those people responsible for this child would be imprisoned. Unfortunately here, nothing will happen.

It begs to wonder how long it took before the parents or grandparents ever thought about where this poor child was. What a waste of life mostly due to poor parental guidance and supervision. If this was in my country those people responsible for this child would be imprisoned. Unfortunately here, nothing will happen.

could well be a tragic accident , seems they didn't leave her in the car unlike the following death in Australia -- say's she forgot her.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/video/mother-faces-court-for-leaving-child-in-locked-car/vi-BBrjY6C?ocid=spartanntp

The same questions were asked about Jamie Vulgar, what type of parent takes their eye off a child in a shopping Mall. It takes seconds for a tragic scenario to unfold.

It was very tiring, but I never let my children out of my sight when we were in public areas.

And the funeral; of the little one in three days. RIP. little one. Sorry.-

In the afternoon when it was time to go home Sangharn could not find his granddaughter and a search was made. It was not until 8pm when a villager found the lifeless body of the girl in the back of the car. They frantically tried to revive her but it was too late.

So they couldn't find the little one in a few hours?

But before blaming the Thais, here's a great example: It seems that kids also die under the same circumstances in more developed countries.:

More than 36 children die in overheated cars every year in the United States, research shows, adding up to more than 600 deaths since 1998.

. A child’s body temperature can rise up to five times faster than an adult’s. A child dies with a 107 degree body temperature.= 41.6 Degrees Celsius.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hot-cars-and-kids/death-hot-cars-facts-figures-prevention-n153776

Edited by lostinisaan

Kids will be kids and will always do what kids do, tragically at times, such mischievous acts leads

to tragedy with no one at fault as in this case......

Allowing a four year old to be out of your sight for hours constitutes fault.

It doesn't matter. Criminal negligence resulting in the death of a minor.... Even if they lost track of the girl for an hour they are at fault and are ultimately responsible for this child's death

Don't get me wrong, it's an absolute tragedy that shouldn't have happened - but kids are kids and it only takes a few seconds for them to disappear - but not checking on her whereabouts sooner and taking until 8pm to locate her is really off and a disaster in itself.

Kids will be kids and will always do what kids do, tragically at times, such mischievous acts leads

I was sort of thinking the same thing. I have a five year old

daughter. If she is out of my sight for a minute I look around

for her to make she is not doing anything that would harm

her . How a child could be out of sight for hours and not

raise alarms is simply unfathomable for me.....

could well be a tragic accident , seems they didn't leave her in the car unlike the following death in Australia -- say's she forgot her.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/video/mother-faces-court-for-leaving-child-in-locked-car/vi-BBrjY6C?ocid=spartanntp

And slightly off topic but I would like to know why 90% of the incidents involving kids in cars, whether it be in sunshine or left unattended while parents are in gambling rooms, are Asian-Australians. Chinese and Vietnamese mostly. Normally very diligent and caring parents but some seem to have a brain snap when it comes to this issue.

Poor little kid. Hopefylly it wasn't a slow, painful death.

But as others have said; kids will be kids and unfortunayely accidents happen and people die.

RIP

I suspect alcohol kept the locals busy that's why the child was forgotten for so long.

There's always on puritan on TV blaming the booze and not the fact that Thais too often let their kids run riot unchecked in a manner that just wouldn't be allowed in the West.

What a sad tale. Sleep well young girl.

Not necessarily, maybe the family reasonably thought that the child was safe and being supervised by others. Not at all unusual.

Says nothing about the child being allowed to be out of sight for hours. The article says the child was playing, became missing and was found hours later. A big difference.

A question would be, what was done during the hours of the search for the child?

Until that question has been answered by the police investigators or witnesses, it's no need to act like an immoral preteen. Keep your careless thoughts to yourself, and the same goes to so many others that seems to do nothing else here on TV than wildly speculating like it's some sort of a daily religious ceremonial fix. Show some maturity.

The same questions were asked about Jamie Vulgar, what type of parent takes their eye off a child in a shopping Mall. It takes seconds for a tragic scenario to unfold.

It was very tiring, but I never let my children out of my sight when we were in public areas.

Bulger. Show some respect.

RIP to both Jamie Bulgar and this poor little girl.

Tragic, RIP.

When I was a similar age I went missing at a funeral and was found several hours later as I'd fallen into a partially dug grave and couldn't climb out. Only takes a second for a kid to disappear.

It doesn't matter. Criminal negligence resulting in the death of a minor.... Even if they lost track of the girl for an hour they are at fault and are ultimately responsible for this child's death

This is Thailand ; no such thing as Criminal Negligence. Sorry for all involved.

Very sad

But have said elsewhere Thai parents very keen to control their kids, but often have no clue where they are.

We have a thermometer in the car. With the windows closed the temperature, even under 'cover' rises to 55C + in the Big C Car park

Not necessarily, maybe the family reasonably thought that the child was safe and being supervised by others. Not at all unusual.

No one with any sense of responsibility would fail to keep an eye on a 4 year old in their care. It doesn't matter whose children they are with, they are 4 and you must be aware of where they are at all times. To fail to keep them within eyesight whilst in a strange or different environment is an absolute failure of responsibility.

ALWAYS WATCH YOUR CHILDREN! There have been more than enough tragic lessons learned all over the world. You never take your eye off of them ever. Need to start educating the Thai's more about these things, maybe a couple of slots during the Thai soaps?