Saphea blames Vun for Assembly attack

geovalin

Kong Saphea, one of two CNRP lawmakers severely beaten outside parliament by a pro-ruling party mob last year, yesterday suggested senior CPP lawmaker Chheang Vun may have organised the pair’s assault, after Vun made comments appearing to shift the blame for the attack to the victims.

The public war of words erupted after Vun, a Cambodian People’s Party spokesman, said Saphea and Nhay Chamroeun, who were set upon as they attempted to leave the parliament on October 26, would have avoided the attack if they had not chosen to leave the assembly.

“When the parliament was meeting [they] left to be beaten,” Vun told Radio Free Asia earlier this month.“If [they] were still at the meeting, no one was going to come into the parliament and beat them.”

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/saphea-blames-vun-assembly-attack

Thank you for clearing that up Mr. Vun. Last year I was beaten in the street. I now realize that it was my fault because if I hadn't left my apartment that day everything would've been fine. So simple. Now why didn't I think of that?