Nightmare at Chalong Circle

chercheur888

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after about 10 times going through i would say that 30%~of people are going through the redlight

No way, just the occasional minibus.

I agree - only the odd idiot. That's why Ialways hug the inside lane, never would use the middle lane even if green.

after about 10 times going through i would say that 30%~of people are going through the redlight

No way, just the occasional minibus.

I agree - only the odd idiot. That's why Ialways hug the inside lane, never would use the middle lane even if green.

You can agree all you like, i drive through 4 times a day and there's a lot of cars. Mostly vios type cars

Well today we've had the ultimate proof that the only reason chalong circle ever gets traffic is the police. No traffic at all for a few weeks(at least when im driving through at peak hours) and this morning complete slowdown on all 5 sides. Wiset backed up to sai yuan

I come back a little bit later, police gone and traffic slowly starting to disperse(still peak hour).

They need to cancel the underpass and move the chalong police station to a beautiful luxurious location high up on a mountain that takes them a while to get down from.

Well today we've had the ultimate proof that the only reason chalong circle ever gets traffic is the police. No traffic at all for a few weeks(at least when im driving through at peak hours) and this morning complete slowdown on all 5 sides. Wiset backed up to sai yuan

I come back a little bit later, police gone and traffic slowly starting to disperse(still peak hour).

They need to cancel the underpass and move the chalong police station to a beautiful luxurious location high up on a mountain that takes them a while to get down from.

The idea of a traffic circle is to keep everything moving, flowing. Never understood why these guys feel it necessary to get out there and stop everyone but one section goes, stop everyone and let a backed up section go, it's like they get away from the whole logic behind a traffic circle and become the human traffic signal.

my favourite is during the big rains in front of kajonkiet where all the off the chart mentally ill soccer moms are turning blindly and causing a lot of traffic, the policeman usually stopping the lunatics was standing in front of king power, protecting the rare turning car and blocking people from driving in 5cm of water thus getting stuck behind the crazy no-license moms

Best police logic i have ever witnessed

• 1 month later...

Just another update. Seems the land acquisition isn't going smoothly and it's headed to the courts so expect a indefinite delay. The drains can't even be completed until PEA has land to move the poles to.

If they don't get the poles moved then there will be only half a lane each side of the tunnel.

What a cluster#**#

Edit: just to be clear. The wiset rd side is fine. It's the homepro area having the issues.

Edited by sebastion

Absolute genius and forward planning. Don't sort out issues before starting construction, just start and then worry about it later........or don't worry about it.

The worst spot for them to sort out is the where the corner bar was. Those poles need to go back 3 metres and be somewhere inside those shops.

If they don't acquire that then the tunnel has nowhere to go. There will be less than a metre left for a lane to support Kata/Karon turn.

It's really a mess.

Also the land next door to homepro is sorted out but the problem on that side now is the Bellini restaurant.

Absolute genius and forward planning. Don't sort out issues before starting construction, just start and then worry about it later........or don't worry about it.

The worst spot for them to sort out is the where the corner bar was. Those poles need to go back 3 metres and be somewhere inside those shops.

If they don't acquire that then the tunnel has nowhere to go. There will be less than a metre left for a lane to support Kata/Karon turn.

It's really a mess.

Also the land next door to homepro is sorted out but the problem on that side now is the Bellini restaurant.

those shops are always empty, if the owner could get 1mb per shop it would be the deal of the century but theres probably a complete retard waiting for a big payoff when no business ever could thrive there as seen in all the shops around the circle always going out of business.

I remember when they were widening the Chalong to Rawai road and there was one guy who would not sell his bit of land so you had a new road except for a 10 meter stretch for about 2 years before he finally gave in and sold it

I remember when they were widening the Chalong to Rawai road and there was one guy who would not sell his bit of land so you had a new road except for a 10 meter stretch for about 2 years before he finally gave in and sold it

'Soi Banzaan ' in Patong has never been resolved. I remember that stretch of the Rawai road.

"Finally gave in" ? - you mean, they paid the water tank shop owner 10X what the others were getting for their bits of land.

Fact of the matter is that there never was enough road width to support digging a tunnel without demolishing buidings close by the circle.

I see noo problem with that, as soon they start digging the buildings will collaps anyway.

"Finally gave in" ? - you mean, they paid the water tank shop owner 10X what the others were getting for their bits of land.

Well yes .There was that, but I don't think he got the extortionate amount he was first demanding.

Well yes .There was that, but I don't think he got the extortionate amount he was first demanding.

I heard that the other land owners got 400,000 baht and he wanted 4 million.

Of course, I have no idea what the truth is wink.png .

Chalong Circle is still OK first thing in the morning - but its worse when late enough to encounter the police directing traffic....

It slowly gets worse as the day goes on.

How much worse, depends on the direction one's coming from.

Realising this a long time ago, I only go out early - but yesterday I had to go out around 4 p.m. in a taxi over the Circle from Rawai. The traffic coming towards the Circle from Chao Fa West was horrendous - so much so that 'my' taxi driver (coming back) found another way round to avoid the nightmare.

Sorry, can't give any tips on the route he used as I was concentrating on something more important - I just noticed that he'd used an unusual way back.

Bad today about 14.30 going to circle from Central. Traffic backed up to the Big Buddha traffic lights. I see there is a new single lane been laid on the south going side, north trafiic in the old south lane.

I suspect this is the start of bgger jams.

Bad today about 14.30 going to circle from Central. Traffic backed up to the Big Buddha traffic lights. I see there is a new single lane been laid on the south going side, north trafiic in the old south lane.

I suspect this is the start of bgger jams.

At the moment all is OK except chao fa west direction circle, and only problems at certain times.

Anupas road up to patak would be insane

I'd pay 30b everytime to use it

Do you mean Anusorn?

the unnamed road behind the 2 anupas dealerships connecting chalong to kathu

Even just to go from the underpass to chalong, you save easily 5 to 30m depending on the day.

Do you mean Anusorn?

Even just to go from the underpass to chalong, you save easily 5 to 30m depending on the day.

Righto. Not the same.

That road, I believe, is called Chao Fah Thani road (already two Chao Fahs, do we need a third?).

Do you mean Anusorn?

Righto. Not the same.

That road, I believe, is called Chao Fah Thani road (already two Chao Fahs, do we need a third?).

Muang Chao Fah road?

post-35489-0-77379300-1468946974_thumb.j

Links Prince of Songkla Uni and Honda garage. Much easier now that you can turn right onto CF west.

Yes, turn right at the traffic lights, go another kilometer down Chao Fah West, turn left at the lights on to Kwang road and then right at the end on to Chao Fah East to Chalong Circle - avoids a lot of the hold ups north of the circle on Chao Fah West.

• 3 months later...

It will grind to a halt very soon. The marine shop just before homepro won't budge. He has a boat parked there where the lane and drains must proceed.
Same story just before the circle on the opposite side.

Some Thais see government projects needing their land as another form of winning the lottery.

28 minutes ago, sebastion said:

It will grind to a halt very soon. The marine shop just before homepro won't budge. He has a boat parked there where the lane and drains must proceed.
Same story just before the circle on the opposite side.

Some Thais see government projects needing their land as another form of winning the lottery.

Should do the same as other countries, pay a far market price take back the land

and if the land owner is not happy with the price paid go to arbitration to sort it out