Nightmare at Chalong Circle

chercheur888

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Sorry, but, just why would the government spend (waste) tax payer's money on purchasing land for this hypothetical road when it's just a temporary problem. Once the underpass is finished, why would this road be needed? Seems incredibly wasteful. Better to inconvenience the public for three years. The public are already used to inconvenience anyway.

But I believe everything the Phuket News prints.

Phuket News Two Lane Road Chalong Circle Underpass.jpg

http://www.thephuketnews.com/traffic-delays-expected-next-week-as-preparations-made-for-chalong-underpass-construction-56472.php

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The underpass goes from CFW to Viset. Why would a road from CFW to Patak make the underpass redundant?

There is far more traffic on Viset than Patak. Removing those drivers going from CFW to Patak would still not relieve the congestion at the circle.

Going from Viset up to Patak to use the new road would just transfer congestion to turning on to Patak.

The ideal solution which would have been cheaper was to purchase land and expand the circle......or a couple of flyovers, but, they're mai suay.

Edited by KarenBravo

44 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

The underpass goes from CFW to Viset. Why would a road from CFW to Patak make the underpass redundant?

There is far more traffic on Viset than Patak. Removing those drivers going from CFW to Patak would still not relieve the congestion at the circle.

Going from Viset up to Patak to use the new road would just transfer congestion to turning on to Patak.

The ideal solution which would have been cheaper was to purchase land and expand the circle......or a couple of flyovers, but, they're mai suay.

I am not saying and didn't say it would make the underpass redundant. I think most of the problem at the circle is caused by traffic going to Patong. It stops traffic coming out of Rawai.

Both Chao Fah W and E traffic could by-pass the circle while they are doing the underpass.

Just like the Central underpass - they made the first hilly, scenic relief road west of Makro, and then the other one east of Makro to join Muang Chao Fah road. That's what they could do at Chalong - build a relief road.

PS.

I agree about the overpass. Do you remember someone in the administration saying they didn't like the idea because "it would spoil the beauty of the circle". Like all those advertising hoardings don't. Ridiculous.

Edited by JetsetBkk
Add PS