Is it easy to change euro bills with a staple hole in Bangkok?

Hi,

i have few 100 euros bills and i would like to change them to Baht in Bangkok. These bills are in a very good condition, the only problem is that three of them have tiny staple holes (one each). These staple holes are less than 2 millimeters, they are hardly visible.

Do you think these bills will be rejected if i try to change them in Bangkok?

I agree. I've brought $100 notes, all the way down to $10 notes before (both old and current generation notes) and the bank has always taken a very extensive visual review of them before acceptance. They're always polite about it, but they do look- and feel - everything or or about the note. If there is a question or concern, they've usually asked another bank employee to look at it and concur. On rare occasion I've had to ask for a management person to intercede.. I think in totality, I've had no more than a few notes outright rejected, and in fairness to the bank, those that they did ultimately reject did have issues like other business/banks stamps on them, staple holes or other writing on them.

Not going to be rejected why would they !! They make money every time they change naturally. Reading other day and I laughed because in quarter century I've never ever had one single Sterling note rejected

Money exchanges will reject bills with the slightest defects. I assume because they will be stuck if the Thai bank will not accept them. I've had one $100 U.S. bill rejected among 30 by 2 vendors until a third took it among 10 others.

I was a little miffed as the secret service will honor 3/4 of a bill if torn or replace currency when burned if you send them ashes.

The experience has caused me to get all clean bills in the states before traveling to Thailand.

Money exchanges will reject bills with the slightest defects.

I'll be polite but utter bollacks. I refer you to my previous post. I often wonder if its the presenter of the notes themselves that are rejected or the notes.

I'm always well dressed and have always wondered if thats the reason.

I'll not be polite and say you're a fool. Your mileage may vary.

I'm being totally serious. I can go back to the start of the Thai Forums around about 2001/2002 the old Yellow Board/Nanapong I recall and even back then people were getting notes refused and yet I never had. Now we are going back 14 years on that alone and absolutely cannot recall even once in the previous decade to that having a note refused either.

I get the impression that the Tellers do not like scruffy farangs period and the one way to get at them is to refuse their notes !

I read about notes refused at the Yellow TT exchangers in Pattaya time after time and yet I walk up with mixed notes writing small tears etc etc smile say hello and all changed 100% of the time

Edited by Chivas