6 officers ordered to apologize dead victim

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess a stand in is acceptable in these situations, as it is reported in another newspaper that relatives of the accused came to make the apology in the traditional Thai practice of a wai at the site of the funeral. Guess those responsible for the beating and death are either in lock up or had finances to pay for " stand in.

Wonder if they recieve stunt man pay, like when they make movies and the actors are precieved as above / unqualified for this type of show man ship? They certainly appear to be unqualified nor trained to be in charge of recruits for boot camp.

Easy clean solution is to take the a holes involved and publicly execute them on the parade ground of the barracks, should get a very clear message across to all the sadistic bastards that this is the outcome for this type of behaviour.

Bleeding hearts and apologists don't waste your time with a response as it is meaningless.

Unfortunately, this tragedy is a tip of an iceberg. Every year, new recruits get killed, put into ICU, or commit suicide. The initial one months 'training' where no contact is permitted by recruits to anyone including family members, is designed to beat anything the SAS could conceive. My wife's son got conscripted, he lost 14 kilos in one month, by way of inedible diet, saw several of his comrades experience death or near death happenings, but was warned by the captain NOT to tell his mother on her eventual visit.

Fortunately, he is a strong, brave lad with good manners, and the captain considered him to be a worthy recruit. He passed out with flying colours, but now has to suffer another month of hard training before his next job of being a security guard on a munitions dump. The upside of those many who make it, is they turn these boys into men (enforcing traditional Thai values of respect), which for Thai youths, most of whom are pampered from birth, is a good thing.

He'll have no trouble finding a wife, and will make a good family man - I hope.

What about his mates who suffered "Death or near death" are they now not worth talking about now that your man has turned out so wonderfully. rolleyes.gif

There are hundreds of new recruits at his camp. I don't know whether he knew these unfortunate guys or not. 'Speaking out' is not the army way; make of it what you will.

Agree, rightly or wrongly speaking out is not the army way in most countries.

I was conscripted for the war in Vietnam. Basic training included a few lectures by the camp chaplain who encouraged the new recruits to speak up. I did speak up, in a response to a loaded question from the chaplain I said, politely, that I wasn't convinced of where the bible originated from.

Twenty minutes later I was paraded to the camp OIC and given extra kitchen and other extra duties for the rest of the basic training period.

Unfortunately, this tragedy is a tip of an iceberg. Every year, new recruits get killed, put into ICU, or commit suicide. The initial one months 'training' where no contact is permitted by recruits to anyone including family members, is designed to beat anything the SAS could conceive. My wife's son got conscripted, he lost 14 kilos in one month, by way of inedible diet, saw several of his comrades experience death or near death happenings, but was warned by the captain NOT to tell his mother on her eventual visit.

Fortunately, he is a strong, brave lad with good manners, and the captain considered him to be a worthy recruit. He passed out with flying colours, but now has to suffer another month of hard training before his next job of being a security guard on a munitions dump. The upside of those many who make it, is they turn these boys into men (enforcing traditional Thai values of respect), which for Thai youths, most of whom are pampered from birth, is a good thing.

He'll have no trouble finding a wife, and will make a good family man - I hope.

What about his mates who suffered "Death or near death" are they now not worth talking about now that your man has turned out so wonderfully. rolleyes.gif

There are hundreds of new recruits at his camp. I don't know whether he knew these unfortunate guys or not. 'Speaking out' is not the army way; make of it what you will.

Agree, rightly or wrongly speaking out is not the army way in most countries.

I was conscripted for the war in Vietnam. Basic training included a few lectures by the camp chaplain who encouraged the new recruits to speak up. I did speak up, in a response to a loaded question from the chaplain I said, politely, that I wasn't convinced of where the bible originated from.

Twenty minutes later I was paraded to the camp OIC and given extra kitchen and other extra duties for the rest of the basic training period.

Guess that rated with the bastardisation and murder of this poor bugger who would have probably preferred kitchen duties.