Phuket electrician electrocuted while cabling new office

snoop1130

Multimeters can be expensive, but a simple voltage detector is cheap, and could save many lives here.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=voltage+detector&biw=1600&bih=750&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwit0Y7Jh4PMAhXIcY4KHbecDQkQsAQIJw

No need so expensive. I carry a Voltage Tester small screwdiver in my pocket at all time .... light innside goes on when in contact with AC voltage ... about 40 baht to buy.

Multimeters can be expensive, but a simple voltage detector is cheap, and could save many lives here.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=voltage+detector&biw=1600&bih=750&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwit0Y7Jh4PMAhXIcY4KHbecDQkQsAQIJw

No need so expensive. I carry a Voltage Tester small screwdiver in my pocket at all time .... light innside goes on when in contact with AC voltage ... about 40 baht to buy.

I said, "multimeters can be expensive, but a simple voltage detector is cheap."

I also posted a link with internet images of a typical "voltage detector."

They are simple to use, and they would save many lives here.

Edited by NamKangMan

Those small screwdrivers are a false sense of security and potentially lethal. Using one is equivalent to licking your finger and shoving it into a plug socket to see if it is live.

2 videos. The first is a nice discussion of the problem with these things and the second is a nice demonstration of what happens when they go wrong:

Those small screwdrivers are a false sense of security and potentially lethal. Using one is equivalent to licking your finger and shoving it into a plug socket to see if it is live.

2 videos. The first is a nice discussion of the problem with these things and the second is a nice demonstration of what happens when they go wrong:

Somewhat exaggerated videa. We are talking about 230 VAC in almost all residential homes .... not 500 VAC up to 10 KVAC.

Sor sure some oommon sense is required, I also have a Fluke multimeter, but a volt screwdiver is always handy. Used for 50 years and no shock yet.

I carry a voltage tester and a small screwdriver in my pocket,all the time????cheesy.gifHow freakin boring are you!When you go out to dinner with the wife /gf what? "you go and sit down with the kids love,i just wanna test a few of the sockets while i'm here.

Restaurant manager...Ladies and gentlemen we seem to have a small electrical problem,a light in one of the toilets has gone out.Please anybody,is there anybody carrying a voltage meter and a small screwdriver on their person,in the house'cheesy.gif