Non-Immigrant Visa Penang

Guys,

I have a mate that has had a lovely child in Ubon and I suggested he get a milt-entry visa based on caring for a child in Penang. His name was translated and added to the birth certificate by the child's mother at birth (they left off the passport number).

Is his translated name in Thai on the birth certificate enough to apply for a non-immigrant multi-entry visa in Penang with 100k on deposit in a Thai bank? Should he get a translation of his passport and have it certified by the MFA?

Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Kurt

Edited by kbelyeu

As long as he can show an original Thai marriage certificate with him named as the father and a minimum of 100K in the bank, he should have no problem getting a non 'O' based on being a parent, from Penang. No translation of his passport needed. He will be applying at a Thai consulate where they can read Thai and English.

I suggest he also takes signed copies of:-

• The childs Tabien Baan.
  • The birth certificate.
  • The mothers ID and Tabien Baan.
  • His passport.

As long as he can show an original Thai marriage certificate with him named as the father and a minimum of 100K in the bank, he should have no problem getting a non 'O' based on being a parent, from Penang. No translation of his passport needed. He will be applying at a Thai consulate where they can read Thai and English.

• The birth certificate.
  • His passport.

He is not married to the mother.

Kurt

• The birth certificate.
  • His passport.

He is not married to the mother.

Kurt

As long as he is named on the birth certificate, that does not matter. In fact, the mother's ID and Tabien Baan may not be needed, but I assume it is easy to get and worth including if so.

If he is living with his child and mother he could get a a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet if they went with him when he applies for the visa. No need for 100k baht there and a much shorter trip.

• Like 1