Official Thaivisa Pattaya Meeting - Pissup

Jai Dee

My apologies everyone... I won't be able to attend.

I've just been informed of a family bereavement, and I shall be flying out tonight, and returning on Sunday night.

You guys make sure you have a drink for me too OK?

TV admin have the party situation in hand so make sure you all enjoy yourselves OK?

Sorry to hear that JD my comiserations to you and the family.

I wasn't totaly sure I could make it to Pattaya but I have done.

Look forward to adding to the list of faces tomorrow.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this thread and as I arrived in Pattaya 5 days ago I think may join the Party if thats OK. Dont know anyone in Patts so it would be a good excuse to make some new friends. What time does it start at Lennies Bar?

Cheers Rob.

Here you go Rob,

See ya there....

Date: 16 December 2006

Time: 7:00PM - ??????????? (last TV Member Standing)

Where: Starting at Lennies (Located at the 2nd Road end of Soi Diamond) and ending at The Blues Factory

Spouses/Partners: Also invited.

post-13660-1166186135_thumb.jpg

It was nice to meet some of the other PATTAYAPUNTERS (and some lovely companions) at the pissup. Thanks to Sunny's (Lennie's) charming hostesses and Davethailand (Blues Factory) for picking up the tabs. A rare night out for me so it was great to put some faces to the names. :o

Till the next and the next. Thanks Thaivisa.

After a long drive around the back sois we eventually managed to find a parking spot for the motor bike and then headed for Lennys Bar. Sunny Valentine was standing at the door welcoming people with Mobi D'Arc as we walked in. We headed to a seat at the end of the bar with Mobi and Mrs. Mobi and settled in to see who else was around.

After about half an hour it became evident that several fragmented groups of likley lads were holding forth in various corners of the bar but no one was getting us all together. So after due thought and discussion I was handed a solid gold Cross writing instrument by Mr. Mobi and tiny scrap of toilet paper and told to make the rounds and see who was where. Thanks Mobi, nice pen! Looks good on my desk :D

It was great to put faces to what have just before been names, some new faces, some old faces. Morty was sitting in exactly the same place in the Blues Factory as I remeber him sitting at the last 'piss up' Dave of Thailand was doing the rounds as well as holding the business down. I had not met him him before, what an absolutely charming man.

Mr. and Mrs Helicopter showed up from the wilds of Lancashire sans Yorkshire Pudding and Burriram Boy put in a cameo apperance all the way from Burriram.

Pattaya Punter (no pictures please) kept a low profile at the back of Lennys whilst talking to his new friend, nudge nudge wink wink say no more squire!!

Mossfin put in an appearence all the way from Sunny You Kay complete with a packet of Tetley's Tea bags and a pack of McVities digestive biscuits for Robski who up to 11pm had still not shown up. Presumably Mossfin auctioned off the tea bags and biscuits later in the evening.

Mr. Ground Engineer put in a surprise appearance and proceeded to dazel us all with a rendition of the engineers song whilst standing on a chair drinking three pints of Chang and telling us how the O1 tower might not stand up very well on the beach at Jomtien.

Monty arrived from the wilds of Lake Marbachan and proceeded to amaze us all by showing us webcam security pictures of his hotel in real time on his hand phone. Phew I want one of those so I can see what the baby sitter is doing. :o

We managed to make 7.30pm to 9pm at Lennys Bar and 9pm to 11.0pm shift at the Blues Factory, then headed for home so if your name is not here or it's misspelled please accept my apologies.

Sonny Valentine

Bazm16

Ground Engineer

Thaddius

Mobi D'Arc and Mrs. Mobi D'Arc

Rimmer and Mrs. Rimmer

Mossfin

Raro

Pattaya Punter

Helicopter and Mrs. Helicopter

Morty

Buckwheat (and ribs)

Monty

Rimmer E&OA

Edited by Jai Dee
Edited at member's request

Mossfin put in an appearence all the way from Sunny You Kay complete with a packet of Tetley's Tea bags and a pack of McVities digestive biscuits for Robski who up to 11pm had still not shown up. Presumably Mossfin auctioned off the tea bags and biscuits later in the evening.

Blody h3ll how bad do I feel now? sorry Mossfin and to all the others, I feel like a letdown.

Honest reason and I wouldn't normally divuldge this info., me and Mrs Robski are having domestics.

Please PM me if you fancy a beer in the New Year.

Sorry.

Blody h3ll how bad do I feel now? sorry Mossfin and to all the others, I feel like a letdown.

Honest reason and I wouldn't normally divuldge this info., me and Mrs Robski are having domestics.

Please PM me if you fancy a beer in the New Year.

Sorry.

I'm holding your rich tea and t bags at ransom, PM me :o

Thanks to everybody that came, nice to meet some new faces.

Thanks for the ribs Marty. :D

what happened to George, Huski and Wolfie etc? I got tied up in the bar and then had to disappear for 20 mins and i got back and did'nt see anybody? :D

Edited by davethailand

Sorry Dave, by the time Admin let me go i'd already missed most of the TV members... i met a few, sorry if i've forgotten your names but the vodka redbulls were kicking in about then (not to mention the whole afternoon on gin n tonics) but the ones i met all seemed like nice people :D

I managed to make it to both Lennies and Blues factory but i was about an hour behind everyone else :o

Thank you to George for footing the bill for a good night. :D

And thank you to Lennies and The Blues Factory for entertaining the pissups at both venues.

Not a great number of TV members were there all at one time, but it was great meeting other TV members and putting the faces to the avatars.

Thanks again George. :o

Edited by Buckwheat

I had a good time I will safely admit. Some very good people on TV. A few suggestions:

-Does the pissup need to be a bar crawl? Going from one to the other didn't necessarily make anything better IMO. At Lennie's, we had food and hostesses with the music at a sensible level for meeting and greeting. While I enjoy BF's music and atmosphere, there was limited conversation ability due to the music's volume. :o

-Nametags. Over the music, I thought I was speaking to "Toss Bin" for hours but once there was a break in songs, I then realized it was "Moss Finn!" :D

-Have all the food in 1 place. Without naming names but myself included, by the time we hit BF, us carnivores attacked the buffet but I would have been quite happy to be noshing at Lennie's and evidently the other BMs too.

-Just to be clear, are the pissup's drinks sponsored or not? I thought there was some party budget as TV is a for profit company. Nobody minds paying for their drinks but there must have been some indication that the drinks were sponsored because a few people mentioned they weren't clear either. Once at BF, DaveThailand (such a nice boy) announced drinks were covered and collected all the bins. I paid for 1 drink at Lennie's.

Anyone else have some suggestions? All the best. :D

Edited by PATTAYAPUNTER

Any ribs left over?

I just flew back in earlier this morning and I'm ravenous!!!

Good to see you guys had a good time.

Welcome back ! (I see you've been busy already since you arrived !) :o

As for the ribs, maybe Buckwheat can make an extra batch up and drop them off for you at Polo ! :D

Oh wait, that's where I live, er, frequent on rare occasions. :D

What a great night it was! The missus and me enjoyed it very much, nice meeting you guys and thanks to George for taking care of the numerous checkbills!

As for recognizing fellow TVers it would be really helpful having nametags, especially since I am really bad with remembering names...

Again, it was a great night and I look forward to the next party!

:o

I had a good time I will safely admit. Some very good people on TV. A few suggestions:

-Does the pissup need to be a bar crawl? Going from one to the other didn't necessarily make anything better IMO. At Lennie's, we had food and hostesses with the music at a sensible level for meeting and greeting. While I enjoy BF's music and atmosphere, there was limited conversation ability due to the music's volume. :bah:

-Nametags. Over the music, I thought I was speaking to "Toss Bin" for hours but once there was a break in songs, I then realized it was "Moss Finn!" :bah:

-Have all the food in 1 place. Without naming names but myself included, by the time we hit BF, us carnivores attacked the buffet but I would have been quite happy to be noshing at Lennie's and evidently the other BMs too.

-Just to be clear, are the pissup's drinks sponsored or not? I thought there was some party budget as TV is a for profit company. Nobody minds paying for their drinks but there must have been some indication that the drinks were sponsored because a few people mentioned they weren't clear either. Once at BF, DaveThailand (such a nice boy) announced drinks were covered and collected all the bins. I paid for 1 drink at Lennie's.

Anyone else have some suggestions? All the best. :o

I am pleased PP is still amongst us as we all thought at one point he was going to elope with his new friend :o

He is still here and he has brought up a number of valid points.

As the "pressed into duty Scribe" at the 'Piss Up" I got a chance to talk to (read shout at) everyone who was in attendance untill 11pm. So maybe I should add my 2 baht worth.

PISS UP would seem to be a missnoma, (but that's all right) I don't think anyone got legless on free booze, at least not in my sight. Seems to me that the TV bunch that attended were generally sensible people of mature age, sound judgement and strict morals. :D As PP says going from one bar to another makes no sense at all it's just a break in the proceedings that could be put to better use.

FREE DRINKS From what I could make out any drinks purchased at Lennys had to be paid for, any drinks at the Blues Factory were on the account of TV. Correct me if I am wrong.

A clarification statement from a mod beforehand would have been nice so that everybody knew the score.

NAME TAGS are a good idea and not difficult for someone to knock off on a computer from the 'coming list' then hand out as people come in. Failing that everybody owns a computer and has access to a printer and can print their own tags, The bar staff would also then know who is TV and who is not then.

CHOICE OF BARS With maybe one or perhaps two exeptions everybody would have prefferred a less noisy venue so that folks could meet and greet. Even Lennys is hard work to talk in.

Three or four of our members have Tinnitus (myself included) and some members chose not go on to the Blues Factory because loud music will set it off. :D

Out of 13 people I spoke with, 10 said next time can we go somewhere quite? This would seem to be an overwhelming requirement for future events. Reget I don't know about the other three members because couldn't hear what they were saying. :D

Comments please :D

Edited by Rimmer

FREE DRINKS From what I could make out any drinks purchased at Lennys had to be paid for, any drinks at the Blues Factory were on the account of TV. Correct me if I am wrong.

To Lennie's credit, 1 free draft was offered. This was just a surprise offer on arrival. I figured it was the TV promo but it was apparently standard as I had noticed later on a flyer in the women's private locker room. :o

Edited by PATTAYAPUNTER

Firstly let me say that both Lennie and Dave were charm itself, and both run excellent establishments. They are both very decent guys and they have both kindly agreed to put a Mercy Collection box in the bars.

The ladies in Lennies were most tantalising, and it was hard to keep my eyes off them - which I had to due to the presence of Mrs Mobi. :D

The live music in Daves' (which is a pretty unique venue in Pattaya and well worth a visit), is outstanding.

Having said all that I must admit to being a bit disappointed with the evening. Firstly, there was no-one supervising it and getting strangers together and generally taking responsibility for things. Gallant Rimmer (with the aid of my trusty pen) went around making a list of attendees - which appeared to be on the low side - and he even got the names of a view punters who had no connection with Thai visa. This lack or organisation was maybe because poor JD had to cancel at the last minute - but surely there was some mod somewhere who could have stepped into the breach?

But most importantly, it was very difficult to have any kind of meaningful chat in Lennies due to the high volume of the music, and at the Blues Factory it was just impossible.

I would strongly suggest that at any future get togethers, the venue be chosen carefully to ensure that it is a suitable place for people who hardly know each other to meet and enjoy some meaningful conversation.

I am sure I speak for many when I say that I would have no problems with buying my own drinks.

Anyway - hope you don't mind my frankness, (constructive critisism, I hope), and thanks to George, JD and all the others for making the event possible. :o

Three or four of our members have Tinnitus (myself included) and some members chose not go on to the Blues Factory because loud music will set it off. :D

Out of 13 people I spoke with, 10 said next time can we go somewhere quite? This would seem to be an overwhelming requirement for future events. Reget I don't know about the other three members because couldn't hear what they were saying. :D

Comments please :o

THis would be a better idea, also not so central please maybe 2nd or 3rd road area? We intended to get there around 7.30, this turned into 8.45 thanks to Pattaya traffic, it gets VERY congested the closer you venture to Beach Road, Pattaya traffic is mad enough at the best of times. Parking was a nightmare also.

I think we get into the difficult splits between visiting an honorable sponsor of the board and a place to meet fellow TVers for chatting and getting to know each other.

Say if we knew each other already, the BF would be much more appropriate for the party than if we do not know each other. Hence, the solution could be more regular inofficial meetings wherever it is possible to communicate without yelling and once in a while the party at the BF....what about that? :o

I for one enjoyed the BF a lot, but as Rimmer has pointed it out, not really a place to get to know each other.

Well if someone else would like to come up with future venues - feel free. I think back in July when we had a record number of attendee(s), we at one point went out of our way to request ideas on venues. However apart from Sunny, no one else bothered to speak up.

Any ideas for next time? Never too early to bounce around ideas!!! :o

Edited by britmaveric

I think we get into the difficult splits between visiting an honorable sponsor of the board and a place to meet fellow TVers for chatting and getting to know each other.

We've floated the idea of having a regular, semi-official gathering spot (watering hole) a few times, but it's difficult to get a consensus on where. Naturally, most people prefer a spot that's close to their own residence. Trying to come up with a "Centrally Located" spot easy for all to get to has thus far eluded us.

I'm going to suggest we gather at Jai Dee's new house, at all hours of the day/night ! I hear he's got lot's of booze and stuff ! :o

I'm going to suggest we gather at Jai Dee's new house, at all hours of the day/night ! I hear he's got lot's of booze and stuff ! :o

Fat chance there... not even George knows where I live... yet. :D

Some interesting suggestions coming out of this thread... keep it up... and thanks for the feedback.

For the record, the Blues Factory was chosen as the venue because Dave sponsors the Forum... and George decided to donate Dave's entire sponsorship fees towards the "Pissup" (for want of a better word).

Out of 13 people I spoke with, 10 said next time can we go somewhere quite? This would seem to be an overwhelming requirement for future events. Reget I don't know about the other three members because couldn't hear what they were saying. :o

It was something about the cricket scores I think :D

Yip, somewhere quieter than the BF would be better for me.

It was really good to add some more real faces to the avatars...... and Wolfie isn't as scary as his picture makes out :D

OOOOH but you haven't seen Wolfie at full moon :o

or at 9 in the morning after a pissup :D

Yeah, conversation was a bit elusive in BF, I kind of like the place, but prefer it on my own or with my GF, just to enjoy the music!

Tend to start wandering around walking street anyway when the beer starts kicking in :D