Ladyboy double team robs Indian tourist in Central Pattaya

rooster59

More like 5000 rupee and $200 and a $1000 extra claim on insurance, funny no baht and also who in the right mind would carry $1200us around and not leave in the safe.

comments by an eggsburt who thinks that cash can be insured coffee1.gif

How many times do I have to post this?

I was insured for loss of cash up to £250 during my winter in Thailand by "Go Walkabout".

Not much because it was a minimum policy I got just for the medical cover.

Google them, and there are others. (But maybe not in "Retardovia").

For some reason he always posts comments sarcastically accusing others of being "experts". Seems to fuel his superiority complex.

Obviously doesn't know insurance policies and companies might differ.

And that is seemingly a lot of cash to be carrying for a night out. Unless planning a whopper.

Edited by Baerboxer

When I first saw the picture, I thought he was a construction worker wearing his hi vis clothing !

I thought he was a road sweeper.......

Poor guy likely had all his spending money with him.... maybe he felt dubious of his hotel safe (some are a risk!)

I have the idea the culprits are known to the police, having done this before and been treated liberally.

Remember that Indians do not carry credit cards so they will not use the ATM , they exchange all the money they need for the whole vacation and live on that for weeks. 45000 baht , yes I believe this story , and I find it strange that some posters suggest it's an insurance scam .

He's probably visiting here without any insurance at all so there's nothing to claim, it's not the norm in India among people on low or average income to travel with insurance.

Remember that Indians do not carry credit cards so they will not use the ATM , they exchange all the money they need for the whole vacation and live on that for weeks. 45000 baht , yes I believe this story , and I find it strange that some posters suggest it's an insurance scam .

He's probably visiting here without any insurance at all so there's nothing to claim, it's not the norm in India among people on low or average income to travel with insurance.

Walking around Pattaya with nothing but rupees and dollars and not a single baht. What was he spending? Something's off.

Edited by Rob13

There are over a billion Indians. Millions of them have plenty of money. 45,000 baht is peanuts, Many reasons why he would be carrying it. I often carry more. Shopping, booking airline tickets, partying in pattaya.

Google the most expensive private home in the world. It ain't a farang house.

It seems on thaivisa if a farang gets robbed by a ladyboy then the ladyboys get bashed, but if it is someone non farang then they must be doing an insurance job.

Many farangs who live here live on very tight budgets, but 45,000 baht for a tourist, is not much at all.

I NEVER use hotel safes. I think if I was a thief that would be the first place I would look.

I don't know why you would suspect it's a insurance scam. Most if not all travel insurance/homeowners polices usually do not cover cash losses and if they do the coverage is very low. You will have to think up another reason to bash the poor guy!

poor farang guys feel rich[er] when bashing those who have more cash in their pockets than they can imagine.

interesting fact is that you'll find always the same crowd which comes up with eggsburt opinions drawn out of thin air and based on their inferiority complexes when it pertains to Indians, Arabs, Chinese or Russians not to mention the usual Thai and Muslim/Islam bashing.

He's not even factually correct. In the UK most travel insurance policies do cover cash losses. Usually there is a maximum of GBP 200 to GBP 1,000 depending on the policy.

I got all my money back several years ago (from a free insurance policy, as it happens, attached to my HSBC banking arrangements) when the cleaner nicked about 500 quid from a Pattaya guest house so-called 'safe'. Pattaya police did the basics well, came out to investigate and dust down, gave me a police report to get the money back having taken my statement and nabbed her on fingerprints some weeks later .

[interesting side issue comment on Thai v falang scruples. The English husband of the Thai owner said I must be mistaken - it would never happen in "his" hotel - well no doubt he did pay for it. His Thai wife a year later, by now separated from the lying ......... falang, told me that she had called in the Feds when I reported it to the front desk, because it was the third report of stolen money from their safes in as many months!]

I got all my money back several years ago (from a free insurance policy, as it happens, attached to my HSBC banking arrangements) when the cleaner nicked about 500 quid from a Pattaya guest house so-called 'safe'.

how much would your insusance have paid if two ladyboys had robbed/stolen the cash around 03.00 hours at Beach Road.

coffee1.gif

As soon as I hear ladyboy I smell trouble. Something really wrong with this confused gender in Pattaya. Don't trust any of them, period !!!

Oh do come on, it's only the 95% of pattaya ladyboys giving the other 5% a bad name.

I got all my money back several years ago (from a free insurance policy, as it happens, attached to my HSBC banking arrangements) when the cleaner nicked about 500 quid from a Pattaya guest house so-called 'safe'.

how much would your insusance have paid if two ladyboys had robbed/stolen the cash around 03.00 hours at Beach Road.

coffee1.gif

TIT. I'm sure a few quid into the tea fund would have resulted in some minor adjustments to the police report.

Actually my best guess is that an insurer in the UK would make no moral judgments, would not know the implications of "Pattaya", would have only a vague idea what a ladyboy is and that vague idea would centre around the travelling cabaret show ponies "Bangkok Ladyboys" (and if so, so what - just another gender of muggers), and probably wouldn't even read the police report translation. Clerical staff for a small claim would have a checklist "police report"? "Tick" "Does it mention a loss of 500 quid"? "Tick".

Wow.. When I lived in poor Serbia we would go on vacation and bring at least $1000 in cash. What a sad bunch.....

But would you carry it on your person at all times, e.g. going for a night out ?

If so, it is crazy.

Plenty of hiding places in hotels, without using the safe.

coffee1.gif

TIT. I'm sure a few quid into the tea fund would have resulted in some minor adjustments to the police report.

Actually my best guess is that an insurer in the UK would make no moral judgments, would not know the implications of "Pattaya", would have only a vague idea what a ladyboy is and that vague idea would centre around the travelling cabaret show ponies "Bangkok Ladyboys" (and if so, so what - just another gender of muggers), and probably wouldn't even read the police report translation. Clerical staff for a small claim would have a checklist "police report"? "Tick" "Does it mention a loss of 500 quid"? "Tick".

you convinced me! your UK bla-bla and tea money theories for Thai police justifies indeed to render judgment whether some Indian tourist has committed insurance fraud or not. keep up the good job!

next... laugh.png

I will "bash", aka call out for stupidity, anyone who would carry around $1200 in unfamiliar city, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity or country of origin.

Is that Canadian or Australian dollars?