Re-Entry Permit: New Form/Requirements?

I use the official kiosk at Suvarnabhumi Immigration just before I get on the flight for re-entry permits, will be interesting next time to see if they try and make you fill all this crap out, as normally the permit fee + 200baht service fee means they fill the form out for you and get it all done in ten minutes. I would never bother going to my local Immigration Office and queueing up for hours for this. It's just another foreigner tax anyway for the privilege of staying here and getting treated like rubbish.

Thai government offices (and banks/utilities) have a total lack of trust and concept of service and insist you attend in person for even the most trivial functions that could easily be carried out by post or telephone.

It has even spread to the UK Gov in Thailand who insist you attend in person to submit any passport renewal application or collect the renewed document, on the pretence it reduces fraud. Somehow there must be no fraudulent passport applications in the UK as they don't check like that there.

"It has even spread to the UK Gov in Thailand who insist you attend in person to submit any passport renewal application or collect the renewed document, on the pretence it reduces fraud. Somehow there must be no fraudulent passport applications in the UK as they don't check like that there."

There are legitimate companies who, for a fee of circa 5000 Bht, will remove the need for you to submit or collect your UK passport.

I applied for a re entry permit last week using the download from MFA website (Pinned on TV). Other than insisting upon having my phone no on the back there was no difference to my last one some years ago.

HTH

your phone number is worth money and can be sold to deliver you with spam. same at the banks. avoid giving your phone number wherever possible.

i always ask why and if they cannot give me a reason i write "NO SPAM".

I applied for a re entry permit last week using the download from MFA website (Pinned on TV). Other than insisting upon having my phone no on the back there was no difference to my last one some years ago.

HTH

your phone number is worth money and can be sold to deliver you with spam. same at the banks. avoid giving your phone number wherever possible.

i always ask why and if they cannot give me a reason i write "NO SPAM".

Do you write "NO SPAM" in Thai as well as English ?

(ไม่มี สแปม)

If in fact this is true it would be great if some one scans the from(s) and post them so we can print them and have them ready on our next adventure to Immigration. I just did a retirement visa extension at Rayong Immigration (7April) and was not required to fill out anything like the questionable form(s) mentioned. Anyone have any idea what Immigration office is making this a requirement.

If in fact this is true it would be great if some one scans the from(s) and post them so we can print them and have them ready on our next adventure to Immigration. I just did a retirement visa extension at Rayong Immigration (7April) and was not required to fill out anything like the questionable form(s) mentioned. Anyone have any idea what Immigration office is making this a requirement.

Do as I am doing. Sit back, relax and do not worry !

I suspect this will turn out to be nothing to do with the generality of applying for re-entry permits but am happy to just wait to be proved wrong smile.png

If wrong I will deal with the matter without raising my blood pressure !

This is the form that I had to submit for my Non-B visa extension.

That's the same basic form as the Twitter guy's shown earlier in this thread.

And, if you read the introductory first paragraph, it appears to be saying they're going to be seeking this info from foreigners applying for all kinds of different things... not just re-entry permits.

Where was this form completed/submitted and when ?

I had to include it with my visa extension application at Chaeng Wattana (Bangkok immigration) on Monday April 11.

• Like 1

I had to include it with my visa extension application at Chaeng Wattana (Bangkok immigration) on Monday April 11.

Are you saying that everyone who applies for an extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana has to fill one of these forms ?

Extensions based on marriage, retirement, working etc ?

Everyone ?

BTW -- Visas are never extended.

That's the same basic form as the Twitter guy's shown earlier in this thread.

And, if you read the introductory first paragraph, it appears to be saying they're going to be seeking this info from foreigners applying for all kinds of different things... not just re-entry permits.

Precisely. Now, I have heard a comment from someone that completion of all information is voluntary, but I see no confirmation of that on the form itself.

I can also state that my form was filled out in Thai by my visa agent. She certainly did not have my bank account information, did not fill in the emergency contact information, and I saw that under Social Media she had entered only my email address. So at the moment, it does appear that complete information may be voluntary. But we all know how long that will last.

I feel that applicants should push back on this. It is not reasonable to put my bank account number on that form. I have no problem with indicating at which bank I have an account. But putting my account number on there is a mistake. Providing emergency contact information does seem reasonable, but I have no one to put there. Adding my social media accounts - forget it (actually, I have none, but if I did...) - besides, a quick Google search will tell you all you need to know, so why do you bother? Likewise with vehicle registration - you have this information, are you unable to communicate between departments? Why do I have to do your jobs for you? Places I usually visit? What possible reason do you have for this information?! In case you found my passport lying on the ground, you know where to find me to give it back? You have sections 2.1 thru 2.3 on my visa application!! Hello.

If I had filled out the form, I would have provided my email address, the name of my bank (but not the account #), I have no vehicles, and I would have put "7/11" for the places I usually visit. And, finally, for my emergency contact, the motorcycle guy on the corner. He's as good as any other name I could produce.

Given that the form was created by the Pol Gen of the crime suppression division (I would personally be embarrassed to put my name on this work), I understand they are trying to do a better job of dealing with potentially bad people. But those people are not going to give you true information on this form. Most of them are not filing any forms with you at all. Frankly, better background checks upon entry from their country of origin would be far more productive than this inane data collection.

• Like 1

Are you saying that everyone who applies for an extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana has to fill one of these forms ?

Extensions based on marriage, retirement, working etc ?

Everyone ?

BTW -- Visas are never extended.

Yup. Every extension of stay. At least according to my agent, and my own extension.

Thats the straw that broke the camels back.. I am now accelerating my plans to establish a second home outside the country.

Will let my extensions lapse after 7 years on the same one and go back to annual visa and 90 day visa runs. I will not fill those forms in.

You have to recognize when the writing is on the wall, I could feel it happening for the last year or so, but this is too large a red flag IF IMPLEMENTED. I remain hopeful it hgets enough pushback, but my vehicles, my bank accounts, where I hang out, what Thai people can contact me ?? No way !! Enough is enough.

Will still visit, but clearly investment plans and time spent here will be reduced, so much for the 20 - 30 mil investment I was going to make in building a development. No sour grapes, their country, my choices. Up to me.

• Like 1

I can imagine them using what you put on the form as a starting point, which they can augment through their own investigations when they want. You save them some time when you fill in the information yourself, but they can get (Thai) bank and car information (if they want) without your help. If they think burying themselves in this information is going to make crime suppression easier, I think they are mistaken.

• Like 1

Who's fault will it be when peoples accounts are plundered as a result of skips being harvested?

BS, how should this happen....it's information you have to provide anyway for an extension of stay. Don't know any case where someone go plundered because of that.

Immigration has my bank details. Why should I fill out some template that is as far as I can see inofficial and could possibly come from Nigeria. All immigration forms carry a TM.xx designation.

Who's fault will it be when peoples accounts are plundered as a result of skips being harvested?

BS, how should this happen....it's information you have to provide anyway for an extension of stay. Don't know any case where someone go plundered because of that.

I've never had to provide this information for my extension.

OB

I've never had to provide this information for my extension.

OB

Perhaps you are on a B extension? For the rest of us we have to provide details about funds and bank accounts to the immigration officer when applying for an extension.