Re-Entry Permit: New Form/Requirements?

I've never had to provide this information for my extension.

OB

Perhaps you are on a B extension? For the rest of us we have to provide details about funds and bank accounts to the immigration officer when applying for an extension.

Got it. Yep on a B.

OB

Immigration has my bank details. Why should I fill out some template that is as far as I can see inofficial and could possibly come from Nigeria. All immigration forms carry a TM.xx designation.

Being given copies of other peoples passport etc on the back of handouts at my local office was a bit of an eye opener, as was seeing photocopies of others being handed out willy-nilly as examples of how to correctly fill in the paperwork.

Mind you that was a few years ago. Last week they had progressed to laminated copies of an Aussie bloke's application under the glass on the desk and a further copy on the wall, albeit dated 2009.

Do you still think it's ok?

Edited by evadgib

Yes, got all kind of things on the backside back too. Latest was a list of policemen in CNX.

I don't think it is ok, but there's nothing that can be done. Does not change the fact that they have all the details already. Besides the social media. I'd just strike that through. That's bit over the top.

Who's fault will it be when peoples accounts are plundered as a result of skips being harvested?

BS, how should this happen....it's information you have to provide anyway for an extension of stay. Don't know any case where someone go plundered because of that.

I've never had to provide this information for my extension.

OB

As neither have I for my non-O extension based on retirement (I use the Embassy letter method of proving finances).

But the original question is equally pertinent to the fraudulent cloning of people's passports IMHO. Some of the myriad copies of our passports which our local immigration offices have accumulated over the years must presumably end up in a skip eventually. That said, this new form will, of course, make no difference in this particular regard.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I went to the immigration office in Hua Hin a few days ago to apply for a re-entry permit (single).

All I needed were a TM8, a photo, copies of my passport photo page, my visa, my visa extension

stamp and the TM6, 1,000B and my passport. (I'm on a Non-B visa now.) You can copy them in

the office.

Edited by Saigon

It says immigration division 1, that is Chaeng Wattana. Someone there (that Maj.Gen.) obviously ordered one of his minions to "optimize" the tracking of evil aliens (us) and that came out with that comprehensive all-round checklist, inofficial as it does not carry a TM.xx number. Now they probably try to implement this in BKK. More reports are needed.

Eventually that may become a one-time questionnaire at the time one applies for an extension of stay. Not for 90 days or re-entry permits. Even the generals will understand that such work load can not be carried on the shoulders of already understaffed immigration.

• Like 1

Chamchuri

Bangkok One Stop Center

He must be getting his extension based upon working for a media company. That is where those from the media get their extensions.

I had to fill out this three page inquisition to extend my Non-B (based on a work permit), at Bangkok immigration. Not a media company. An IT company.

This is a new requirement for all visa extensions. At least here in Bangkok.

Some have said that filling in all fields is optional, but the form must be submitted. When I put that I have no "social media" accounts, the woman looked at me with disbelief. She simply could not believe I did not have a Facebook account, and said so. To which I replied, "Social media is for children". Needless to say, she was not happy.

This form is disturbing. At least to me.

Ha ha ha ha! "Social media is for children"

I just love that comment! I do agree with you too. Mind you, I'm not surprised that a Thai wasn't impressed, they all love facebook.

• Like 1

So far, I haven't heard any reports of this form making an appearance in Chiang Mai.

It's been a standard request for several years for us to add email address and phone number to the TM7 form, so I don't have a problem in disclosing this information. And I do know people who have been called by Imm. officers, usually with non-intrusive questions of clarification about marriage visa extensions. No abuses like the information being used for spamming purposes.

In looking at the form, I asked myself how I'd respond. I don't use social media (does ThaiVisa.com count?), don't own a vehicle and the only bank accounts I care to disclose are the ones they already know about -- the ones used to justify my 800,000 baht in a Thai bank for my retirement extension.

As for my emergency contact, I think I'd list Michael Heath, the U.S. Consul General in Chiang Mai. And I'll be sure to let him know I've put him down as a contact.

This form is totally obtrusive, and as pointed out, isn't an official TM form. But then, we're asked to sign other forms when we get our extensions that don't have TM numbers on them, too. And we're not given copies of what we sign. Here in Chiang Mai there's one saying we acknowledge the overstay rules and another for retirees that we acknowledge that we won't work.

Immigration has my bank details. Why should I fill out some template that is as far as I can see inofficial and could possibly come from Nigeria. All immigration forms carry a TM.xx designation.

Not true - you always sign one or two forms that do not have TM numbers at desk when extending and the following are even downloadable:

Transfer Stamp to a New Passport Form
Lost or Stolen Passport Form
New Passport Form
Application Form for Residence Certificate in Thailand
Transfer Stamp to a New Passport Form (for residencee certificate)
Personal Date Form (for residencee certificate)
Acknowledgement of the conditions for Permitted continuation of saty in the King dom of Thailand
Perhaps you are on a B extension? For the rest of us we have to provide details about funds and bank accounts to the immigration officer when applying for an extension.

Those using income do not normally list there bank account details.

It's not an official immigration requirement, it's a local document from Immigration Division 1. We can now argue forever about it, but what's the point? TiT and all depends on the weather and the last night of the officer in charge :)

Anyways, this would not have happened if it wasn't for those overstaying criminals. Absolutely no problem providing ALL social media details unless some of you have something to hide?

Mmmmmmmm.

Johnatong, you go first, ring the hotline, tell us if it connects and if they speak English.

Edited by lkv

Personally, I think these forms were more motivated by the Erawan Shrine bombings than overstayers. They need more convenient access to scapegoats the next time a juicy reward is offered when something similar happens.

• Like 2

Erawan, overstayers, these are small details.

Inconvenienced farang is less relevant for the peace and the stability of the nation, please understand the Politburo must have access to this information. It's for your own benefit and security.

?

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

If you need a valid bank account number just go to any ATM where the Thai folk have no problem throwing away paper slips with account numbers and often very large balances.

I am sure your post is made tongue in cheek, but for those with a less developed sense of humor ...

Lying on forms like these is a bad idea. I would suggest trying to leave items you do not want to complete blank but, if you determine there is no choice, provide genuine information.

If you need a valid bank account number just go to any ATM where the Thai folk have no problem throwing away paper slips with account numbers and often very large balances.

I am sure your post is made tongue in cheek, but for those with a less developed sense of humor ...

Lying on forms like these is a bad idea. I would suggest trying to leave items you do not want to complete blank but, if you determine there is no choice, provide genuine information.

I was not suggesting anyone lie or provide false information on a form but rather the attention that some Thai people go toward protecting their account numbers on which you can find the details in any trash bin near an ATM machine.

However one can always maintain a bona fide account in their own name with less than 1000 baht in it to keep it active and provide that number to the authorities if they so ask.

Anyways, this would not have happened if it wasn't for those overstaying criminals. Absolutely no problem providing ALL social media details unless some of you have something to hide?

See the 'email-hack' thread on Samui News page.

Anyone being asked to compete this (unofficial?) form should lodge a complaint.

1111 is the number to use.

http://www.tatnews.org/thai-government-launches-1111-hotline-receive-complaints-from-foreigners/

Yes, report the Pol Maj Gen (we can see his name on the bottom there) to the Government = Army.

Pol. means Police, not army. They are not the best friends.

Pol. means Police, not army. They are not the best friends.

TAT is a Government institution i believe?

If I am not mistaken, i believe the Gvt is run by the Military since 2014?

Maj Gen surely has no Army conotation.

But anyways, how is that connected to Immigration? ?

Edited by lkv

You probably need to understand a bit more of the history of the Thai police force and associated members of the ruling class. But that does not belong here.

I understand what you're saying, all I am saying is that, at present, through a proxy, Army commands Police and therefore Immigration. This is in the context where Chinese are praised for the way they run their country.

Chinese have a Politburo.

At least that's my take on things at the moment.

I will do more research on the specifics of the RTP, I admit I didn't, although I have read a book written by an English guy in 2014 that talks about the history of Thailand. That book is banned in Thailand.

But back to this so called questionaire, I don't know what can be done about it, if anything. Maybe other people in the know would see a solution.

Edited by lkv

As the questionaire requested private sensitive information at first a confidential declaration from Immigration should/have to be in place. Even as a "guest" - as long as I am considered as "alien" I have to follow "alien" laws as well. If this is not fulfilled simply leave the answers you do not like blank.

You can strike out portions you don't want to answer, it's anyway only in "testing" in Chaeng Wattana now and as written before not an official document. Let's wait and see before drawing conclusions. I'd personally not answer the part about social media and transport. All the rest they have already.