US: Woman from Thailand struck by vehicle and killed in Milwaukee

webfact

Woman from Thailand, studying at Medical College of Wisconsin, struck by vehicle and killed
BY KATIE DELONG

MILWAUKEE — Officials with the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office say a woman from Thailand, studying at the Medical College of Wisconsin was killed when she was hit by a vehicle on Monday morning, April 11th.

It happened around 9:00 a.m. Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the area near 87th Street and Watertown Plank Road — an entrance to the Medical College grounds.

A 65-year-old man driving a Chevy Tahoe had stopped to get directions and while following another vehicle, struck the pedestrian in the intersection which was marked with four-way stop signs.

Full story: http://fox6now.com/2016/04/11/man-from-thailand-studying-at-medical-college-of-wisconsin-struck-by-vehicle-and-killed/

-- FOX6 2016-04-12

It's unfortunate...but I"m sure the accident will be handled differently than if it occurred in Thailand...let's see if 150 dollars slipped into a police officer's pocket will make the incident "disappear"...if that doesn't work, I'm sure an apology will do the trick...

RIP

Wow, the guy didn't do a hit and run, oh, sorry I was thinking it was Thailand for a second.

The U.S. Papers would be full if they ran a story about all the Americans being killed in Thailand. Perhaps they should however so people become aware.

It's unfortunate...but I"m sure the accident will be handled differently than if it occurred in Thailand...let's see if 150 dollars slipped into a police officer's pocket will make the incident "disappear"...if that doesn't work, I'm sure an apology will do the trick...

Only if the driver was drunk and fled the scene of the accident.

This beautiful young woman, with hopes and dreams of a better life, going to medical school in the US, and loses her life to a driver who obviously wasn't paying attention, and

many of you can't do anything but make your stupid idiotic comments. You really make me sick! If you had bothered to look at her Facebook page, and if you were anything but a

washed up old drunk, you might have realized what a sad sad story this is. Shame on you!

Wow, the irony, LEAVE Tbailand, then become a road statistic

Unlike here in Thailand the driver hitting a pedestrian at a cross street with stop signs will be made to pay either via jail,fines,or both and his insurance will pay her family a large sum of money no matter who he is.

This beautiful young woman, with hopes and dreams of a better life, going to medical school in the US, and loses her life to a driver who obviously wasn't paying attention, and

many of you can't do anything but make your stupid idiotic comments. You really make me sick! If you had bothered to look at her Facebook page, and if you were anything but a

washed up old drunk, you might have realized what a sad sad story this is. Shame on you!

Who is a washed up drunk? Is she a Hi-So, should I be in tears? Should reparations be in order?

RIP

Wow, the irony, LEAVE Tbailand, then become a road statistic

Unlike here in Thailand the driver hitting a pedestrian at a cross street with stop signs will be made to pay either via jail,fines,or both and his insurance will pay her family a large sum of money no matter who he is.

In a news item this week on the rankings of death by vehicles per 100.000 people population,Thailand rank second in the world with 43.5 behind Mozambique at 70.5.most of the top 17 that was under Thailand was in Africa and the middle east.One of the things that was pointed out about Thailand was the lack of policing the highways and even the city roads.

I dont know about washed up old drunks but per her bios there is the slight suggestion she would not be the typical expat significant other. RIP. I removed her email even though it is publicly available at the mahidol webpage

Name :
Miss Rattanawadee Kotewong
Rattanawadee.jpg
Student ID : Contact :
E-mail:
Education : Present Ph.D Student in Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand. M.Sc (Chemistry) Srinakharinwirot University B.Sc (Science-Chemistry) Srinakharinwirot University Acedemic Performance : - Took proposal exam:
- GPA: Scholarship: Institutional strengthening program Research experiences: Pathogen responsive biomolecules of the metazoans, Srinakharinwirot University, Thailand Publications: Pimlapas Leekitcharoenphon, Udon Taweemuang, Prasit Palittapongarnpim, Rattanawadee Kotewong, Thararat Supasiri, and Burachai Sontayanon (2010). Predicted proteome features of marine shrimp from ESTs and cDNAs of multiple Penaeus species. (Submitted, BMC Genomics) Poster Presentations: Rattanawadee Kotewong, Pimlapas Leekitcharoenphon, Udon Taweemuang, Thararat Supasiri, Timothy W.Flegel, and Burachai Sonthayanon (2009). Protein-protein interaction networks relevant to viral responses in Human signal transduction pathways. The 35th Congress on Science and Technology of Thailand. Chonburi, Thailand.

RIP to the young lady. Stepping off the kerb has risks around the world. Yes those risks

are lower in western countries but there are inattentive drivers there as well. Condolences

to family and friends. No doubt justice will be meted out but it will not bring her back. sad.png