Songkran - use clean water or pay the consequences

webfact

I don't really understand your problems. An old friend was in town, so we agreed to meet in a bar/restaurant downtown. I knew the place would be packed with Songkran revelers, so I placed my wallet in a plastic bag--my phone is waterproof. I cranked up the old Harley and the lights didn't work, I knew I could find no place to park with the Toyota, so I called a tuk-tuk buddy to come get me. He dropped me off at the edge of the road blocks downtown and the bar was right there on the corner.

I drank with five buddies, two Thai and three farang. We shared rounds of drinks and snacks and watched the revelry. When our ice buckets melted, we stepped out to the street and shared the cold wet fun. Hours and numerous drinks past, a few sprinkles got to us, but primarily the crowd respected the premises and did not squirt water inside. My best Thai buddy picked up my tab and his--we always alternate bills, and it was his turn. Just after midnight my tuk-tuk guy stopped in, had a drink, then took me home. I was the least bit damp from the ice bucket excursions, but otherwise okay. I am now home checking the internet satiated by the good time I had.

You just have to be smarter than the problem.

I don't really understand your problems. An old friend was in town, so we agreed to meet in a bar/restaurant downtown. I knew the place would be packed with Songkran revelers, so I placed my wallet in a plastic bag--my phone is waterproof. I cranked up the old Harley and the lights didn't work, I knew I could find no place to park with the Toyota, so I called a tuk-tuk buddy to come get me. He dropped me off at the edge of the road blocks downtown and the bar was right there on the corner.

I drank with five buddies, two Thai and three farang. We shared rounds of drinks and snacks and watched the revelry. When our ice buckets melted, we stepped out to the street and shared the cold wet fun. Hours and numerous drinks past, a few sprinkles got to us, but primarily the crowd respected the premises and did not squirt water inside. My best Thai buddy picked up my tab and his--we always alternate bills, and it was his turn. Just after midnight my tuk-tuk guy stopped in, had a drink, then took me home. I was the least bit damp from the ice bucket excursions, but otherwise okay. I am now home checking the internet satiated by the good time I had.

burp.gif

Fascinating. You should be a travel blogger.

Mr Mudcrab, I am one of the most likeable decent guys you will meet, there are quite a few Thaivisa members who will testify to that, but I hate violence, and

as I keep saying if anyone I do not know, even as much as threatens me with violence, they will have to take the consequences.

Due to the work I used to do back in Scotland, I have proved it time and again, and I'm proud of it, there is no better feeling than seeing some piece of scum

lying on the floor with a busted nose, and if you think I have some sort of problem, then I don't give a shit.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

This is the primary reason I do not go out during Songkran. Many years ago I got hit with some dirty water and ended up deathly ill for about 2 weeks. That was the last time I ventured out during Songkran. Never again, it is just not worth the risk.

I had to go today, so I put a knuckleduster on each hand, and a can of pepper spray in my pocket all ready for the first piece of Farang scum to throw water on me.

Now I'm sitting here in a bad mood because I never got the chance to use them.

What I said about the knuckleduster etc, is not true, I just said it to wind up a certain poster, he will know who he is.thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by possum1931

So let's recap, Songkran can

- Get you arrested for dancing sexily

- Get you arrested from boozing

- Get you killed in one of the many road accidents

- Get you killed by dirty waters suirting.

Oh what fun !

Going to a football match can:

get you arrested for acting like an idiot

get you arrested for boozing

get you killed by riotous hooligans

get you killed by the drunk drivers racing back to the pub

Oh, what fun !