Lion Air Flight Suffers Loss of Pressure, Emergency Landing at Chiang Mai airport

webfact

Lion Air Flight Suffers Loss of Pressure, Emergency Landing at Chiang Mai
by CityNews

Lion-Air-Wiki-photo-1024x588.jpg

CityNews – According to reports, a Thai Lion Air flight (SL539) from Chiang Rai to Bangkok lost pressure during takeoff and had to make an emergency landing at Chiang Mai airport.

The crew of the flight initiated an emergency descent, and released oxygen masks due to the loss of pressure.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/lion-air-flight-suffers-loss-pressure-emergency-landing-chiang-mai/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-04-12

then why the picture shows an Indonesian Lion Air Aircraft when it actually happened in Thailand ?

Perhaps, just perhaps, it could be a stock photo to show you what kind of aircraft it was and which airline owns it.

you know as well as I know that they would have easily been able to find stock photos of an actual Thai Lion Air aircraft and that this is just another example of sloppy Thai journalism

Edited by siam2007

They're basically the same airline with the same shit safety record, so who gives a toss which photo they print?

270px-Thai_Lion_Air_logo.png

but they are no worse than any other Thai airline.

The service is good and on my recent flight with them we even had a German captain

You may have Captain Kirk and safety can still be compromised without the crew of Scotty to patch things with rubber and spits.

They're basically the same airline with the same shit safety record, so who gives a toss which photo they print?

The service is good and on my recent flight with them we even had a German captain

Oh that's alright then, I'm sure this plane would not have dared to decompress with a German in charge.

rolleyes.gif

P.S. There is a reason Lion Air is banned from flying in the EU.

trogers, on 12 Apr 2016 - 14:28, said:
Asiantravel, on 12 Apr 2016 - 14:23, said:
Chicog, on 12 Apr 2016 - 14:14, said:

You may have Captain Kirk and safety can still be compromised without the crew of Scotty to patch things with rubber and spits.

Aircraft maintenance is very important.

Oh that's alright then, I'm sure this plane would not have dared to decompress with a German in charge.

rolleyes.gif

Germanwings and the co-polit was german. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/andreas-lubitz-who-is-germanwings-co-pilot-who-intentionally-set-plane-on-descent-10135639.html

Don't mention the war.

then why the picture shows an Indonesian Lion Air Aircraft when it actually happened in Thailand ?

Perhaps, just perhaps, it could be a stock photo to show you what kind of aircraft it was and which airline owns it.

you know as well as I know that they would have easily been able to find stock photos of an actual Thai Lion Air aircraft and that this is just another example of sloppy Thai journalism

It's a newspaper article - not a scientific journal.

Near enough is good enough!

Ok you perfectionists does it really matter that it was not a photo of the actual plane.The incident happened, that's the story,thankfully it ended with no loss of life.

Qantas, Australias home grown airline, had 2 scary incidents happen just this week,one a vibrating engine mid flight...it happens

Ok you perfectionists does it really matter that it was not a photo of the actual plane.The incident happened, that's the story,thankfully it ended with no loss of life.

Qantas, Australias home grown airline, had 2 scary incidents happen just this week,one a vibrating engine mid flight...it happens

Yes but it happens a lot to Lion Air which is why they're banned from the EU.

Did you look up on the internet and find the correct photo and pasted it then?

Sloppy reply.

The crystals canny take it Captain, she's goin tae blow

Any chance to bash the Thais. If you want to talk about sloppy writing look at your own.

rolleyes.gif

Flying in the EU???

That's on the other side of the world, a little far for a B-737 loaded with passengers. As a private plane, yes, but as a passenger airliner, not so sure.

rolleyes.gif

Flying in the EU???

That's on the other side of the world, a little far for a B-737 loaded with passengers. As a private plane, yes, but as a passenger airliner, not so sure.

You do know planes can stop and refuel, right?

These are all pretty new planes. Lion was launch customer for the Boeing 737-900. Thai pilots also fly a lot different (better) than their Indonesian counterparts. So it's all speculation for now.

Thai low cost airlines: The gift that keeps on giving (nightmares).

http://avherald.com/h?article=496c7e08

An Orient Thai Airlines Boeing 737-300, registration HS-BRI performing flight OX-616 from Phuket (Thailand) to Nanning (China), completed what appeared to be an uneventful flight.

A post flight examination however revealed the left hand nose wheel was missing from the aircraft due to a fractured axle.

The missing wheel has not yet been located.

http://avherald.com/h?article=496c7e08

Short leg room NO SERVICE unless pay pay pay and what was that? A german Pilot? they are not among the best are they?

If it was an airplane like the one pictured it was most likely a crew error by setting the pressurization controller wrong. I worked the industry for 35 years and never saw a major problem Usually crew error.

Could be a crew error resetting the pressurization panel after a "bleeds- off" takeoff, as would probably be required for performance reasons at these temperatures.

Happened before, will happen again. "Rubber jungle" being usual result.

Sent via a series of tubes

Edited by arunsakda

Easy to miss the correct pressurization setting toggle with this particular type of aircraft. Shit begins to get real when nearing the service ceiling, if the pressure relief valves' toggles and/or bleed valves are left to incorrect settings, and by looking at the flight data, it seems so - right after hitting FL36 a rapid descent. IIRC there've been plenty of occasions like this, after running pressurization tests on the ground, when engineer forgets the pressurization toggles' to manual "test" mode. My best guess: Human error - luckily no lives lost.