First 90 Day Report

Not sure about the first report, but subsequent reports you simply hand over your passport with the previous receipt stapled in it. They read the barcode on that receipt and generate a new receipt. Generally it takes only a minute or two.

• Like 1

Save filling in the paper form and having to visit the local immigration office and do your reporting online. You can do this up to 2 weeks before your "report" is due..

It's easy but you do need to use Internet Explorer and not Chrome. If you use Chrome get an Internet Explorer Chrome extension to emulate IE. I use "IE Tab" and it works fine. You just need to "activate it" (a button on the top right of your Chrome browser) when you get to the correct page on the immigration website. A second tab is opened as you progress through so follow the below instructions and you'll be fine.

I don't know about new Windows 10 internet browser, maybe it works fine. If not, then maybe other TV members can contribute?

1. In IE or Chrome go to http://www.immigration.go.th/ At the moment they have a new "Overstay Warning" front page; just click on Enter Main Site. It's the highlighted link in the middle of the page on the right.
  2. After clicking on that you are taken to the main page headed "Immigration Bureau. Still in IE or Chrome scroll to the bottom of that page. On the left you will see a number of graphical link boxes. Look for the orange coloured box with the white writing saying "Apply for Notification of Staying in the Kingdom (Over 90 Days) and click on that.
  3. This takes you to another screen headed up the same and containing a scrolling box. This is a Terms and and Conditions section and if you are using Chrome this is where you need to activate the IE Tab function to start to emulate Internet Explorer. You may then also get a security Alert about a Site Certificate. Just click Yes to click through this.
  4. Now, using the scroll bar to the right of the T&C window drag down or scroll to the end of the section and click the "I Accept..." check-box on the left of that screen then click the Accept button at the bottom.
  5. That takes you to a menu screen with Blue, Green and Orange menu option boxes. Click on the Blue ".....TM.47" box. (Check on your application status using the Green box later.)
  6. You are now presented with Step 1 of a 4 step process. This is essentially the same as filling in the TM.47 form and you need to enter all of your details here as you normally would write them and then follow the simple instructions to enter and submit your application. I always print or take a screenshot of the "Application Pending document" provided at the end of the process so I can follow up as necessary.

The above may sound like a lot but is really pretty easy once you've done it a couple of times.

I think people have issues with the process firstly, as a result of having to use a Microsoft Internet Explorer standard instead of Chrome or Chrome with the IE Tab extension (not sure about Firefox). If you try the process and your keys seem "jittery" or get stuck or jump characters this is an indicator that you are not using the correct (IE browser standard. If you scroll through the and accept the T&Cs section properly or you don't enter your TM.47 details exactly as required you'll get the message to "...contact your local office....".

You can try multiple times if you think you may have made a mistake. I have also found that you can use the browsers back and forward buttons (in Chrome with IE Tab anyway) to correct or review the data.

Have fun... wai.gif

• Like 1

Save filling in the paper form and having to visit the local immigration office and do your reporting online. You can do this up to 2 weeks before your "report" is due..

It's easy but you do need to use Internet Explorer and not Chrome. If you use Chrome get an Internet Explorer Chrome extension to emulate IE. I use "IE Tab" and it works fine. You just need to "activate it" (a button on the top right of your Chrome browser) when you get to the correct page on the immigration website. A second tab is opened as you progress through so follow the below instructions and you'll be fine.

I don't know about new Windows 10 internet browser, maybe it works fine. If not, then maybe other TV members can contribute?

Have fun... wai.gif

"Save filling in the paper form and having to visit the local immigration office and do your reporting online. "

There is no paper form to fill in, at least not at Jomtien. You just hand them your passport.

One roadblock to doing the report online is that those of us who have been in-country for years and who have not made a recent border crossing (and in some cases have replaced our passports since first entering the country) do not have our details in the national system apparently used for online reporting, at least not yet.

As far as using the mail-in option is concerned, again for some of us, that actually involves more hassle and driving & queuing time than just doing it at the immigration office.

Edited by Suradit69

Once the online report is approved, you can print out the confirmation and the next reporting date slip to keep in your passport. See the pinned topic at the top of this thread. The next report date is calculated for you.

Edited by buckwhelk

Avander, Does this mean there no notification in your passport that you have reported. Do you calculate the next reporting date yourself.

I don't calculate it myself as when they approve it they email me and I check the status online. You can view and/or download the approval form which is similar if not the same one as the one they stapled to the passport and has the next reporting date on it. It looks like the manually scanned document actually.

Nothing in my passport now but can print and use that form down if necessary. They have it all on the system too of course but they don't seem to like looking for them...no idea why...

Edited by avander