Thunderstorms and 44°C heat headed for Thailand this week

webfact

Thunderstorms and 44°C heat headed for Thailand this week
STAFF WRITER

hot-weather-bangkok.jpg
Featured image is via Buzzfeed/soupson.ca

BANGKOK: -- As Rob Thomas once crooned in Santana hit Smooth, “Man, it’s a hot one / Like seven inches from the midday sun”.

That was back in 1999 but we reckon it still holds pretty true for Thailand in April 2016.

The Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) have warned of temperature highs reaching 44° Celsius this week, particularly in the central, north and northeast provinces. Sukothai has already seen 44°C on Monday this week, while Tuesday saw some of Thailand sweltering between 42° and 43° too.

Haze is expected to accompany the week’s blistering heat too.

According to the Bangkok Post, these temperatures are approaching the 44.5°C record high for Thailand, documented in Uttaradit on 27 April 1960.

Perhaps bringing some relief, however, is the fact that thunderstorms and gusty winds are also predicted to hit the country this week, in 47 provinces across the central, east, north and northeastern regions.

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/thunderstorms-and-44c-heat-headed-for-thailand-this-week/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-04-13

According to the TMD the 7 day weather forecast for Khampaeng Phet is

wait for it

Hot and sunny with no sign of rain.

7 days Weather Forecast
Today
13/04 Tomorrow
14/04 Friday
15/04 Saturday
16/04 Sunday
17/04 Monday
18/04 Tuesday
19/04
sunny.png 42 °C 26 °C sunny
sunny.png 43 °C 26 °C sunny
sunny.png 43 °C 27 °C sunny
sunny.png 42 °C 27 °C sunny

According to the TMD the 7 day weather forecast for Khampaeng Phet is

wait for it

Hot and sunny with no sign of rain.

7 days Weather Forecast

Today

13/04 Tomorrow

14/04 Friday

15/04 Saturday

16/04 Sunday

17/04 Monday

18/04 Tuesday

19/04

sunny.png 43 °C 26 °C sunny

sunny.png 43 °C 27 °C sunny

Same Ban Thasak - Uttaradit

Was still a bit hot, so now it's 22 degrees.

Going to get an icy beer, put one's feet up, just to ensure there's no chance of overheating.

You've got the right idea. Chill out, aircon set at 22, nice cold beer, relax. Why be grumpy when you can be happy?thumbsup.gif

I think that I have discovered the melting point of my body.

It is 38C. It must be that as it is 43 in the shade outside and the sweat is dripping off me.

15 minutes ago I turned on the air con in the bedroom so that my next stop in a few minutes time.

Back in Oz we don't even regard anything under 40 as even being warm. I'm enjoying the weather, reminds me of pleasant Spring days back home.

In Thailand it`s not the heat but the humidity that will take you down.. That is also why BKK will feel hotter at 37 degrees then what CM do at 42.

In Oz you`ll mostly get the dry heat, which might burn more in the sun, but it won`t suck your body for water in the same way as Thailand in April.

I think that I have discovered the melting point of my body.

It is 38C. It must be that as it is 43 in the shade outside and the sweat is dripping off me.

15 minutes ago I turned on the air con in the bedroom so that my next stop in a few minutes time.

Temperature is not all. It;s the combination of few factors, mostly temperature + humidity which gives the heat index or humidex.

Humid 38C in Bangkok might feel worse than dry 44 degrees at Sukhothai.

You can find on the web few websites where you can calculate the heat index by writing the temperature and the humidity or the temperature and the dew point.

BTW , the MINIMUM temperature at Sakhon Nakon was 31.4C , the highest minimum ever recorded anywhere in Northern and Northeastern Thailand.

Only a couple of stations (Bangkok and Rayong to my knowledge) have ever recorded slightly higher minimum (in 24 hours) than this.

It's like a hell 24/7 !

Back in Oz we don't even regard anything under 40 as even being warm. I'm enjoying the weather, reminds me of pleasant Spring days back home.

In Thailand it`s not the heat but the humidity that will take you down.. That is also why BKK will feel hotter at 37 degrees then what CM do at 42.

In Oz you`ll mostly get the dry heat, which might burn more in the sun, but it won`t suck your body for water in the same way as Thailand in April.

Exactly. Bangkok has amongst the worst heat indexes.

Once it had a dew point of 33C (it means the air to be saturated at 100% humidity needs to have a 33C temperature) with heat indexes as high as 63-65C (combinations of 38-39C with around 60% of humidity).

Only Eastern India and some parts of Arabian Peninsula and the African Red Sea coast get higher heat indexes (78C is the world record set at Dharhan with 41C and around 70% of hr)

Exactly. Bangkok has amongst the worst heat indexes.

Once it had a dew point of 33C (it means the air to be saturated at 100% humidity needs to have a 33C temperature) with heat indexes as high as 63-65C (combinations of 38-39C with around 60% of humidity).

Only Eastern India and some parts of Arabian Peninsula and the African Red Sea coast get higher heat indexes (78C is the world record set at Dharhan with 41C and around 70% of hr)

Dharhan can be heaven and hell, Lowest i recorded was 4 degree and highest 53!