Thunderstorms and 44°C heat headed for Thailand this week

webfact

Back in Oz we don't even regard anything under 40 as even being warm. I'm enjoying the weather, reminds me of pleasant Spring days back home.

When it gets to 45 in the water bag would seriously think about moving into the shade.

Back in Oz we don't even regard anything under 40 as even being warm. I'm enjoying the weather, reminds me of pleasant Spring days back home.

Yeah, but I hear its lonely northeast of Alice Springs !tongue.png

I can confirm that it's VERY lonely around Alice springs in a circle of at least 1500 km. Except termites and fly's you won't see a lot of nature there.

Now why would that be????whistling.gifwhistling.gif

A perfect 24 degrees here in Greater Bangkok.

Same in the kitchen. Same in the bedroom. Same in the living room.

Fool that is not what it is 24 degrees C.

That is what you have set on your AC wall control which 99% of the fools think is a thermostate. Modern ACs do not have thermostats, they have induct sensor which senses the Temp at the inlet of the evaporator that is that radiator looking thing the hot/warm air passes through to pick up the cold of the refrigerant circulating through that radiator looking thing 's pipes.

Average AC can pull a difference of 10 degrees so if it is 44 outside the best you can get is 34 inside reason it feels cool is because the evaporator fan spins out the moisture in the air (that's the water you see coming out of a pipe of the evaporator) that passes through and give the feeling of cool. Fooled again and that fooling has nothing to do with Thailand.

A perfect 24 degrees here in Greater Bangkok.

Same in the kitchen. Same in the bedroom. Same in the living room.

Fool that is not what it is 24 degrees C.

That is what you have set on your AC wall control which 99% of the fools think is a thermostate. Modern ACs do not have thermostats, they have induct sensor which senses the Temp at the inlet of the evaporator that is that radiator looking thing the hot/warm air passes through to pick up the cold of the refrigerant circulating through that radiator looking thing 's pipes.

Average AC can pull a difference of 10 degrees so if it is 44 outside the best you can get is 34 inside reason it feels cool is because the evaporator fan spins out the moisture in the air (that's the water you see coming out of a pipe of the evaporator) that passes through and give the feeling of cool. Fooled again and that fooling has nothing to do with Thailand.

Yep. Dehumidifiers work the same magic. Except that my wife likes to set the AC to 16 when we stay in a hotel.

Dual rationale. It does not cost extra. It is comfortable to cuddle up. biggrin.png

Utter Rubbish... In Oz, we don't get the Humidity and Haze along with 44C.

The people that live in the villages watch out for the hurricane force winds that precede the thunderstorms. Because they can huff and puff and blow your house down. Not joking.

We have had a few days of fairly high winds in the afternoon but sadly no rain.

Sakon Nakhon for days 13 to 19 april ; today as yesterday we had 44*C in the afternoon ...

If we had only 34*C like in Pattaya !!!!

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=26

partlycloudy.pngpartlycloudy.pngpartlycloudy.pngpartlycloudy.pngthundershower.pngthundershower.pngthundershower.png

Assurancetourix, do you live in SN?

Yes, I do ; in the countryside not far from Sawang Daen Din since nearly ten years .

Only true if you're cooling and expelling outside air, which isn't the case. You're recirculating inside air, and can reduce the temperature by your 10 degrees each time you cycle through one volume of air.

Leave the A/C on for a while, and It's very possible to get the inside air temp much cooler than 10 degrees below ambient.

When it gets to 45 in the water bag would seriously think about moving into the shade.

Kinda true, though depends on which part of the country you're referring to. 42-44 degrees in Broome, Port Hedland and such places are a common occurrence in their hot season, which starts around September, peaking around October to November.

I seriously wouldn't consider anything below 40 degrees as hot in Thailand either though, especially in the north-east. I'm actually surprised that the highest temperature recorded was only 44.5 degrees, would have thought 46-47 degrees would have been reached somewhere in the north or north-east, especially in deforested plains areas like parts of Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Loei, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani etc. Maybe the department of meteorology doesn't have weather stations everywhere, this could be the reason.

Also, the outside temperature displayed by the thermometer on my car dashboard regularly records 41-42 degrees at the moment while driving in greater Bangkok and that is when stopped in traffic underneath a bridge (so in the shade) - while I don't know the accuracy of it, I am hesitant to believe that the maximum temperature recorded in Bangkok is only around 40 degrees. Surely 41-42 is reached regularly this time of year (as per the thermometer in my car) and 42-43 would probably have been reached at the all-time maximum at some point, especially in northern and eastern outlying areas of Pathum Thani or Nonthaburi. Closer to the coast, sure, 40 due to the influence of sea breezes, but even 20-30km away from the ocean there must be a significant difference.

Kinda true, though depends on which part of the country you're referring to. 42-44 degrees in Broome, Port Hedland and such places are a common occurrence in their hot season, which starts around September, peaking around October to November.

I seriously wouldn't consider anything below 40 degrees as hot in Thailand either though, especially in the north-east. I'm actually surprised that the highest temperature recorded was only 44.5 degrees, would have thought 46-47 degrees would have been reached somewhere in the north or north-east, especially in deforested plains areas like parts of Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Loei, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani etc. Maybe the department of meteorology doesn't have weather stations everywhere, this could be the reason.

Also, the outside temperature displayed by the thermometer on my car dashboard regularly records 41-42 degrees at the moment while driving in greater Bangkok and that is when stopped in traffic underneath a bridge (so in the shade) - while I don't know the accuracy of it, I am hesitant to believe that the maximum temperature recorded in Bangkok is only around 40 degrees. Surely 41-42 is reached regularly this time of year (as per the thermometer in my car) and 42-43 would probably have been reached at the all-time maximum at some point, especially in northern and eastern outlying areas of Pathum Thani or Nonthaburi. Closer to the coast, sure, 40 due to the influence of sea breezes, but even 20-30km away from the ocean there must be a significant difference.

In Phitsanulok in the car I was showing 45 at one stage last week but would think the real temp. was probably more like 40/41 as the 45 would be influenced by the car temp and direct sunshine. Once on the move it dropped back 1 / 2 degrees.

This April is the hottest in 10 years I've been here. Yes 44 degrees happened before somewhere in the North, but not systematically like now, It was a couple of days thing, but now is a week day thing. I believe it is the hottest April in decades.

I think that I have discovered the melting point of my body.

It is 38C. It must be that as it is 43 in the shade outside and the sweat is dripping off me.

15 minutes ago I turned on the air con in the bedroom so that my next stop in a few minutes time.

Temperature is not all. It;s the combination of few factors, mostly temperature + humidity which gives the heat index or humidex.

Humid 38C in Bangkok might feel worse than dry 44 degrees at Sukhothai.

You can find on the web few websites where you can calculate the heat index by writing the temperature and the humidity or the temperature and the dew point.

BTW , the MINIMUM temperature at Sakhon Nakon was 31.4C , the highest minimum ever recorded anywhere in Northern and Northeastern Thailand.

Only a couple of stations (Bangkok and Rayong to my knowledge) have ever recorded slightly higher minimum (in 24 hours) than this.

It's like a hell 24/7 !

Great post!