Iherb, shipped via FedEx-GlobalMailLt

Somnambulist

I just placed an order with IHerb. I know better than to choose a currier service. The only option to Thailand was "Air Mail", which was free. But in IHerb's followup mail it said my order was "Shipped via:

FedEx-GlobalMailLt". So I fired off an email to them asked for an explanation and got this in reply:

"...We do apologize for any confusion. Yourr order was shipped Via Airmail. Currently, the carrier for this shipment method is FedEx International Mail Service. This shipping method is a bulk shipping method that uses two carriers. The first carrier, FIMS, picks up the package from our warehouse. Then, depending on the final destination, drops the package into the Postal System so the final delivery carrier for delivery to the customer is their local post office..."

I wish I could say I'm not still confused. Does this mean that the package returns to normal mail before reaching Thai customs?

Does this mean that the package returns to normal mail before reaching Thai customs?

​Yes, that is exactly what happens. Thai postman will deliver to you.

​I've ordered from iHerb many times. Never had a package stopped by customs here. If under 2 kilos and value less than US$80, Thai customs doesn't care. You'll see those limits on the iHerb "check out" page.

Sometimes extra 7 baht postage due, sometimes not. I can't explain that, but, if there is extra charge, I just pay the postman and smile.

• 2 months later...