Warning Orient Thai Airline

uli65

hello!

I booked online a ticket on 14 april from phuket to bangkok. today I got the message that my flight is cancelled. The hotline offered me the next flight on 20

(not sure) what a nasty joke?? I hope they can refund my money. Looks like they are on the verge of bankruptcy when the can not operate these 2 busy destinations.

avoid this this company at all costs.

Not sure if it is the same aircraft, but cancellation could be due to awaiting a spare wheel in China?

http://avherald.com/h?article=496c7e08

In any case, flew with them once to Krabi in 2008. Never again. A week later they crashed in Phuket. Dodgy of the dodgiest airlines (and VERY well-connected family).

There is (was) an online petition for the TCAA to investigate their business practices (after they were caught falsifying documents and hiring pilots below the min flying hours) after the crash.

But "somehow" they maintained their permit to operate. Wink. Wink.

The cancellation is probably for the best. Get your money back and take another airline.

Some years ago they had a stone old 747 parked at Don Muang with one engine missing. They were getting another one from another old plan and fitting it themselves, no hangar, just on the tarmac.

Orient Thai, formerly known as 1-2-go buys the oldest planes even the Chinese don't want to maintain anymore and give them a new lease of life. If you fly with them you could also fly off the next balcony. The latter certainly offers the better experience :D

Not sure if it is the same aircraft, but cancellation could be due to awaiting a spare wheel in China?

In any case, flew with them once to Krabi in 2008. Never again. A week later they crashed in Phuket. Dodgy of the dodgiest airlines (and VERY well-connected family).

There is (was) an online petition for the TCAA to investigate their business practices (after they were caught falsifying documents and hiring pilots below the min flying hours) after the crash.

But "somehow" they maintained their permit to operate. Wink. Wink.

The cancellation is probably for the best. Get your money back and take another airline.

Whats a very well connected family whatever that means go to do with it ?

The AV Herald link posted above also contains this interesting reader comment on the news article:

Interestingly, another B744 (the sole airworthy B744?) is now stranded in Hong Kong for nearly a month now. The stranded bird has to get an engine swap but the airline seems to be low on cash for it. The airline is not sending other aircraft to HK and thus canceling all flights (For god sake). I don't know why... Maintenance issue (just like this 737)? Particular aircraft not compliant to regulations?

Given their crash history, compliance history and overall reputation, I wouldn't come within 100 miles of them.

Wonder if your cancellation is related to this? I'd consider yourself fortunate tbh.

You were quicker biggrin.png

Phuket to Bangkok: the superhighway in the sky with tons of flights, misc airlines and you choose one of the flying coffins???

It's hard to believe that a TV member since 2005 has not noticed what is going on with them.

Welding on the broken axle not completed blink.png

Due to the comments on avherald this has not been a sudden failure but a slowly developed cracking which every serious inspection should have detected in time.

orient_thai_b733_hs-bri_nanning_160411_2

Edited by KhunBENQ

not everybody has big functioning brain like you

even those with not a big functioning brain are probably capable to make use of a certain "google" facility and search for this Airline and its dodgy history and practices. Chances are, after applying this procedure, you will not even consider to buy a ticket from them ever.

Edited by siam2007