neteller deposit/withdraw experiences

I'm actually interested in anyone who has used their quick bank deposit to deposit any funds from a thai bank (Kasikorn). I did this a few days ago with mobile banking, included all requested information, and I have not heard any response from inpay or neteller, despite sending both of them a support message about it.

the neteller account is unverified, and the small deposit was actually to begin the verification process.

Normally cash deposits (or electronic deposit from internet banking) to any merchant in thailand takes a few minutes or hours at most to confirm. Inpay (company that processes the quick bank transfers) said themselves that it wouldn't take more than 1 business day to process same bank-to-bank transfers.

I decided to call them. They have a toll-free # (use skype)

post-109486-0-92814700-1460964676_thumb.

Basically they advised me to email a separate email address "account inquiries". They could not comment on the previous 2 emails. They also refused to give any time estimates. I had asked if there were standard time frames in which by law they must act on a customer request. He only responded that they try to reply within 5 business days, but could not give any guarantees.

He didn't seem too enthusiastic. Didn't instill a lot of confidence. I know they are a popular payment processor. But really? Are other people having any issues with them? I wouldn't expect as such with a UK provider...or am I being too optimistic.

• 1 month later...

Just to update for the quick local bank transfer. 10 business days later and reaching out to corporate staff they updated the funds.

Apparently the sub-processor inpay's support form was buggy (http://support.inpay.com ), so they did not receive the request. The email support at inpay.com was also worthless, no human reply and tickets are auto-closed. Use https://helpdesk.inpay.com/ to communicate, upload your proof, etc if you do not get any help from support.inpay.com.

They may have fixed things, but maybe this will help someone not have to go through the same ordeal.

Neteller support was a bit slower that I would have wanted. Ignoring some emails, or not centralizing their email support (so giving you 2-3 emails to re-email requests to). They don't just route the support ticket to the correct department internally, causing a lot of rework, especially if they give you the wrong email address.

The original transaction and payment was on 11 April and it took until 25 April to post. I really hope they fixed their issues by now.

• 1 year later...

Of course they did , gambling is illegal in Thailand and Neteller is a big part of it.  Maybe not for you , but others. I also own a Neteller account but it is connected to my bank account in EU. 

12 hours ago, ronnieadurante said:

How the hell can you get your money out of neteller in thailand..i deposited to neteller with krung thai..when i tried to withdraw it was denied..the neteller account is fully verified and they processed the withdraw..apparently krung thai denied it

not so sure.  Neteller has numerous ways to withdrawal (debit card, exchanger, etc)

Are you saying that you logged into Neteller, requested withdrawal to Krung Thai bank, neteller processed it, 

Was it a wire transfer (swift) or a local transfer?

If the funds are back with neteller, I might try a local withdrawal via exchanger.  eMoneyThai.

not so sure.  Neteller has numerous ways to withdrawal (debit card, exchanger, etc)

Are you saying that you logged into Neteller, requested withdrawal to Krung Thai bank, neteller processed it, 

Was it a wire transfer (swift) or a local transfer?

If the funds are back with neteller, I might try a local withdrawal via exchanger.  eMoneyThai.

Yes, neteller put the withdraw through and I'm assuming the bank denied it because it was marked gambling money.

Called emoneythai today and they are not buying right now.

was it processed as a wire transfer or a local bank transfer?

in either case, you may try withdrawal different thai bank and see what happens.

i will ask emoneythai what the deal is.  you can try a different exchanger.  also order a neteller debit card if it comes down to it; i think they have an express mail option.

On 7/13/2017 at 8:54 PM, ronnieadurante said:

INBT from neteller to krung thai..
Someone told me bangkok bank may take the money..
I cant find any neteller debit card option..i think it no longer exists

You can try a different thai neteller exchanger.  But the main problem with eMoneyThai seems to be that they are holding a lot of neteller balance and they want to sell off some of it first.

So you can try different exchangers until you can empty it out.  Maybe consider expanding the search to neighbor countries also.  

You are correct.  Neteller/Skrill cancelled debit card service to all non-SEPA countries back in Nov 2016.  Over 100 countries were affected, and I think they only gave like 1 or 2 weeks notice.   It's events like that that make cryptocurrency much more attractive.

Personally I rarely have had to use neteller, so I didn't get caught up in that nonsense.  But it does explain why some exchangers may have stopped dealing with neteller.

So you have 3 options I can see:

1) spend it at a merchant that will accept it

2) wire transfer it out (try different thai bank(s)....maybe it does not have to be thai bank)

3) search for another exchanger somewhere that will change it.

Archived