Places Other Than CW to get Re-Entry in BKK?

I understand the re-entry permit counter at Suvarnabhumi now closes from midnight to 5 or 6am. My flight leaves Suvarnabhumi at 2:40am. I don't want to go 4 hours early to get a re-entry permit there. In order to get one in advance, is my only option going out to Chang Wattana? Can I get one from the desk at Suvarnabhumi without a boarding pass? I.e., can I go there a day or two before just to get the re-entry permit?

Otherwise, are there closer/better options than CM (I live in Udom Suk--3 stops past On Nut on Sukhumvit BTS line)? Thx.

As far as I know you need a boarding pass to get the re-entry permit. There has been no reports of getting one without it. This resent post sates everybody getting one was asked for a boarding pass. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/910385-new-location-of-re-entry-office-at-suvarnabhumi/#entry10698411

CW it the only office you can use. You could try the online appointment application online. A recent post from a member stated he used it and was done in 15 minutes. Link to site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term Be aware you will likely need internet explorer to do it or a browser with an extension for IE.

• Like 1

I was at Suvarnabhumi Airport last week and inquired at the new Exit Permit office on the departure level behind row F, next to the Customs Office. Both Thai officers on duty stated that the office would be open 24 hours/7days a week.

Remember to bring a photo.

Edited by dddave

I was at Suvarnabhumi Airport last week and inquired at the new Exit Permit office on the departure level behind row F, next to the Customs Office. Both Thai officers on duty stated that the office would be open 24 hours/7days a week.

I have never heard of an exit permit office. There is a re-entry permit office.

From the post that I posted a link to earlier "The office does indeed close between midnight and 5am, a fact which the officer made a point of telling me (presumably just to spread the word, since it wasn't relevant to me)".

This was stated yesterday morning.

• Like 1

Maybe another option for the OP would be to check in for his flight online and printing off his boarding pass before setting off to the airport and obtaining his re-entry permit there (before the bewitching midnight hour, of course)?

From the post that I posted a link to earlier "The office does indeed close between midnight and 5am, a fact which the officer made a point of telling me (presumably just to spread the word, since it wasn't relevant to me)".

Sorry, I did use the wrong title for the office but I did go into it and specifically ask "Do you close at midnight?" and was told by both agents that starting the next day, they would be open 24 hours, every day. This was on April 19th.

Sorry, I did use the wrong title for the office but I did go into it and specifically ask "Do you close at midnight?" and was told by both agents that starting the next day, they would be open 24 hours, every day. This was on April 19th.

I went to the link to make an appointment for re-entry permit at CW (using Explorer 8 in Windows in Parallels on my Mac, which works fine). After filling in 3 or 4 pages of questions, turned out there were no Monday or Tuesday appointments left. As my flight leaves, essentially, Wed. night (actually, early Thurs. morning), I felt like getting a Wed. appointment was cutting it too close.

Well, I was all ready to taxi out to CW today when I decided to check back here. I REALLY don't want to go to CW. No reason to doubt "dddave," but I wish I had at least one more person say the office is now open 24/7.

I went to the link to make an appointment for re-entry permit at CW (using Explorer 8 in Windows in Parallels on my Mac, which works fine). After filling in 3 or 4 pages of questions, turned out there were no Monday or Tuesday appointments left. As my flight leaves, essentially, Wed. night (actually, early Thurs. morning), I felt like getting a Wed. appointment was cutting it too close.

Well, I was all ready to taxi out to CW today when I decided to check back here. I REALLY don't want to go to CW. No reason to doubt "dddave," but I wish I had at least one more person say the office is now open 24/7.

See this post form a person that got a re-entry permit yesterday morning I was told by the officer they close at mignight. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/910385-new-location-of-re-entry-office-at-suvarnabhumi/#entry10698411

They changed opening hours on the 20th of April I suspect their was a misunderstanding on the 19th about the opening hours.

Well, I googled "Suvarnabhumi re-entry" and found this page at the airport's site:

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/1001-re-entry-visa

It does say "24/7." There's a "contact" number. I called it, was told by the man to call a different number: 02-134-0429. Just tried it, three times. My iPhone said, "call failed." Assume that means the line is busy? (I don't use my phone much.)

Anyhow, at least one more source says "24/7."

Great news, if confirmed.

BTW, on this page...

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/re-entry-permit-thailand.php

it also says...

"There is another convenient option if you are in Bangkok and have access to the internet, you can fill out out the TM-8 form and email it to [email protected] at least one day in advance. You must then attend the Immigration office at Suan Phlu and submit a 2-inch photo and the correct fee at counter 7."

Well, I googled "Suvarnabhumi re-entry" and found this page at the airport's site:

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/1001-re-entry-visa

It does say "24/7." There's a "contact" number. I called it, was told by the man to call a different number: 02-134-0429. Just tried it, three times. My iPhone said, "call failed." Assume that means the line is busy? (I don't use my phone much.)

Anyhow, at least one more source says "24/7."

That info is out of date and even mentions the old office location.

Read this post from yesterday and then the entire topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/910385-new-location-of-re-entry-office-at-suvarnabhumi/#entry10698411

BTW, on this page...

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/re-entry-permit-thailand.php

it also says...

"There is another convenient option if you are in Bangkok and have access to the internet, you can fill out out the TM-8 form and email it to [email protected] at least one day in advance. You must then attend the Immigration office at Suan Phlu and submit a 2-inch photo and the correct fee at counter 7."

That immigration office closed many years ago.

That is a commercial website and is full of false and outdated info.

Just yesterday "KhunJeff" posted in this thread...

"I got my reentry permit here about an hour ago, and can confirm that:
- The office is next to the Y2 oversize baggage counter, down towards the domestic end of the terminal
- The office does indeed close between midnight and 5am, a fact which the officer made a point of telling me (presumably just to spread the word, since it wasn't relevant to me)
- The officers asked each person for a boarding pass, which suggests that they probably won't issue a permit to someone who isn't actually departing
There was only one officer on duty at 6:30am, but a second one arrived a bit later. The office seems to be set up for three officers at three stations, but when I was there the one person was handling all the functions. It took about 15 or 20 minutes to get my permit, but I had all my paperwork completed already. (FYI, the officer did not want the copy of my TM6 that I had prepared.)
All in all, my experience was fine. The new location is particularly useful for people who want to use the priority lane for immigration, since they're no longer forced to go through the regular channel just to access the reentry permit office."
This directly contradicts what dddave and Swampy's website said. So, in colorful Brit-speak, bugger me.
  • Like 1

You could try the online appointment application online. A recent post from a member stated he used it and was done in 15 minutes. Link to site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term Be aware you will likely need internet explorer to do it or a browser with an extension for IE.

I'm trying to find this post but I've failed miserably, sorry Joe. I was going to ask how this works in practice, I've got the bit about submitting the form but what do you do when you actually get to CW? I'm assuming you bypass the queue ticket desk and go straight to one of the desks in the RE Permit section, is that right?

Thanks in advance

You could try the online appointment application online. A recent post from a member stated he used it and was done in 15 minutes. Link to site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term Be aware you will likely need internet explorer to do it or a browser with an extension for IE.

I'm trying to find this post but I've failed miserably, sorry Joe. I was going to ask how this works in practice, I've got the bit about submitting the form but what do you do when you actually get to CW? I'm assuming you bypass the queue ticket desk and go straight to one of the desks in the RE Permit section, is that right?

Thanks in advance

Not sure about the procedure when you get there. I suggest you check in with the information desk and show the them a printout of your appointment. Instruction on site states this as one of documents you need.

• Printout of the appointment confirmation with Transaction Reference Number (TRN code).