420 police, soldiers assigned to protect Pattaya during Songkran

Rimmer

420 police, soldiers assigned to protect Pattaya during Songkran

n5crimes.jpg

PATTAYA:--More than 400 police officers, soldiers and Banglamung District officials were given orders to maintain safety and stability in Pattaya throughout the Songkran festival.

Pol. Gen. Panya Mamen, advisor to the National Royal Thai Police Office, dispatched the squadron of law enforcement officers April 14, telling them to coordinate to crack down on drugs, weapons and criminal activities for the Thai New Year, as well as solve chronic traffic congestion.

The objective is to reassure tourists and foreign visitors of the safety through the festival, which runs through April 19.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/420-police-soldiers-assigned-to-protect-pattaya-during-songkran-57553#sthash.sgTqdFOg.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2016-04-15 footer_n.gif

Can I ask any members in the Pattaya area if they saw any of the extra ' protection '.

I was in Pattaya over New Year and prior to my arrival it was announced there would be BiB and soldiers all over the place.

The only BIB I saw was one morning during a shift change at Pattaya Police Station and as for the military, absolutely none.

Can I ask any members in the Pattaya area if they saw any of the extra ' protection '.

I was in Pattaya over New Year and prior to my arrival it was announced there would be BiB and soldiers all over the place.

The only BIB I saw was one morning during a shift change at Pattaya Police Station and as for the military, absolutely none.

They were working deep under cover.

We were in patts,over sonKran,on the darkside to be specific.We visited many bars and friends of long standing.We never saw one copper or any army anywhere.Khaotolo,Nerm Plabwan,Kaonoi were completey devoid of any police or army presence.Even during the day,when the precious water was being thrown about by the gallon,did we see anything that looked like the law.The drink drivers that i know were out in abandon,breaking every D D law in the book.It was business as usual and has been every year that i can remember. So all this police/army protection is total BS.But,then again what else is new here.?

Soi 6, 7, 13, 13/1, Walking Street and Soi Bukaow.......each 35 bibs and the rest is stand by at Soi 9 cashing 100 baht from each shirtless farang

100 baht from each shirtless farang ??. Is that supposed to be a joke ?

Yes and no. People should dress properly and shirtless people (not only farang) will be fined THB 100 if caught. It's the latest ban of 'our' government on improperly dressed Songkran celebraters.