Single entry tourist visa, best from Kuala lumpur, phnom penh or vientiane?

What about Ho Chi Minh City?

Anyone got a SETV there?

There are several recent threads. You need flights into and out of Thailand. As long as you do not have previous visas from HCMC, you should be able to get one there. It is a quiet, comfortable place to apply.

• Like 1

Phnom Penh is fine. Just went there with a friend who needed a visa.

It's overnight service (apply in the morning of day one and get it back afternoon of the next day) BUT you need to use an agent and it will cost a little more. However, there's very little hassle otherwise. Only need your passport, one photograph and maybe an airline ticket (this depends on the agent).

Lucky! Lucky! Motorcycle shop on Monivong boulevard will do it for US$65 with these documents. Other agents will probably be able to offer the same service for a similar price. The official price is US$40, but the staff at the embassy aren't friendly so I wouldn't waste my time. Besides, an extra 2-3 nights in a hotel are going to cost you a hell of a lot more than just US$25 if you chose to do it that way.

I have heard stories that PP is not great if you've had a few back to back tourist visas, but if you only have 1-2, you'll be fine. If it helps my friend is American and his passport contained only 1 Thai tourist visa and 1 Thai visa exemption stamp before applying.

Vientiane or Savannakhet are better if you have a more extensive visa history. In those places you can apply yourself.

nless you have ALL of the following, don't waste your energy in Kuala Lumpur:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/962/18989-Required-Documents.html

That seems to have no distinction between a SETV & METV.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Yes, quite so. That is why we strongly recommend people avoid KL unless they are in town anyway, and willing to waste some time to see if their requirements have changed.

If you're already in Malaysia and KL is a problem, there are two more Thai consulates in Malaysia that may be worth a try: Kota Bharu up near the Thai border with Narathiwat and Penang.

Anyone got a SETV there?

There are several recent threads. You need flights into and out of Thailand. As long as you do not have previous visas from HCMC, you should be able to get one there. It is a quiet, comfortable place to apply.

Thanks. How long does it take to get a visa there? 1 day like the other places?

Why do so many places make it so troublesome to apply for a visa? I can understand if they don't want to give a visa (just say up front: No Visa Issued Here). But why pretend to offer Visas then don't or cause trouble?

Is this unique to Thailand or other Asian countries?

Or is this really an issue only with countries near Thailand not wanting to offer visas to Thailand? (Would SIngapore, Hong Kong, Japan be safe bets?)

Why do so many places make it so troublesome to apply for a visa? I can understand if they don't want to give a visa (just say up front: No Visa Issued Here). But why pretend to offer Visas then don't or cause trouble?

Or is this really an issue only with countries near Thailand not wanting to offer visas to Thailand? (Would SIngapore, Hong Kong, Japan be safe bets?)

The decisions are not made by them, they follow "guidelines" imposed by the Thai government. Some friendlier ones, once they cross a certain line, they get grilled.

Anyone got a SETV there?

Sorry no, but for -

Phnom Penh,

If you like a bit night and lady-life and have it easy with the Visa, using an Agent.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647029-tourist-visa-in-phnom-penh-easy-done/

Vientiane,

a good option, if you like a bit better quality food - nice Belgian Restaurant on the river road

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293950-d1776276-Reviews-Chokdee_Cafe_Belgian_Beer_Bar-Vientiane_Vientiane_Province.html

or,

a romantic dinner on the Mekong river promenade and shopping cheap fakes at the border Duty Free.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/840986-thai-consulate-vientiane-come-late-go-fast-;-non-immi-o-living-with-my-thai-children/

Had negative experiences longer ago, in Singapore and in Kuala Lumpur at their Thai Consular sections.

Edited by ALFREDO

Japan does not issue Thai visas to non residents period. Singapore, like Kuala Lumpur should be avoided. Recent reports from Hong Kong indicate it is a good option.

The inconsistencies between different consulates is worse for Thai visa applications than most other countries of my experience, but not unique. When you can get visas on arrival (such as for Cambodia and Laos) the guidelines tend of be pretty clear cut (though scams involving overcharging can exist).

Anyone got a SETV there?

Thanks. How long does it take to get a visa there? 1 day like the other places?

Apply in the morning; pick up the visa in the afternoon of the following day.

Was going through my passport checking my visa history, there are probably some worse than mine. Got 2 x triple from home, 2x2 from Vientianne 1x1 Vientianne and 1x1 from PNH, so I'll skip PNH for now until getting a new passport. Seems like another trip to Laos then, trying out Savannakhet then.

Is there a list that ranks the probability and max frequency of issuing visas ? Might be useful :)

And I still find it interesting that some cities make it easy to get a visa and some don't.... I wonder if there is some rationale behind it all.

Relative decided to get his visa in Ho Chi Minh city, i've never been to Vietnam so i'm going as well with my gf.

Can anyone recommend a good area to stay for 2 nights? I see that most hotels are located in district 1.

I just want to stay away from any place that serves dog or has dogs caged up, i fear i'll go Jackie Chan on their ass if i see anything like that.

I've been watching a few youtube videos about Ho Chi Minh city, district 1, especially "Bui Vien street" is just like soi Nana, overcrowded with foreigners and dirty backpackers.

I was hoping for something more authentic. I hate backpackers...

➡ A relative wants to stay a bit longer

Option 1: Pay 1900THB at immigration office to get 30 days extension ( only 7 days for some nationality such as Russians)

Option 2: Take a tourist visa at Penang where has AirAsia direct flight from BKK. Malaysia never require to take a visa for many nationalities. Visa fee is 150RM≒1340THB

Option 3: Take a tourist visa at vientiane. Visa fee is only 1000THB(the cheapest) but farans need to take Laos visa cost 20$?

But, it is depends on the relative's nationality, for ex, Chinese can't take a visa at Vientiane

Good post but the visa for loas at the border is 35 us dollars or 1500THB or for a UK citizen anyway I think it's different for other countries but no 20

I paid this last week

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk