Hua Hin Police Department on security alert during Songkran Festival

webfact

Hua Hin Police Department on security alert during Songkran Festival

hhh.jpg

HUA HIN: -- Thaivisa understands a 4 star hotel has told all staff to look out for single men carrying bags that may look suspicious.

The Hua Hin Police Station is updating Caution with violence against civilian, government and foreign targets regarding terrorist threats across around the world and Thailand gears up for its crowd-pulling Songkran festival a leaked memo has warned that the militants could be planning terrorist attacks on foreigners in the kingdom.

The memo also said that attacks could also take place in the tourist hot spots of Hua Hin

The Government of Thailand maintains heightened security measures, particularly in the major cities, which the terrorist attacks have occurred against civilian, government, and foreign targets.

We have maintained IT WAS NOT AN ACT OF TERRORISM .

These include surveillance in community areas, shopping malls and tourist hotspots and checking on people who have overstayed their visas. Security will also be tightened at all borders in Thailand .

Source: Hua Hin Police Station

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-15

Has this been reported in the Thai press? We can't seem to find it anywhere.

It is genuine. My GF works for a hotel in Hua Hin. I won't repeat the details but plain clothes officers (verified with the police station) came around twice, issuing quite specific instructions and seeking info about individuals from 4 named countries staying for a very specific duration. The first warning was on the 13th, and then again on the 14th. Army presence on the streets - but very low key and muted.

It is genuine. My GF works for a hotel in Hua Hin. I won't repeat the details but plain clothes officers (verified with the police station) came around twice, issuing quite specific instructions and seeking info about individuals from 4 named countries staying for a very specific duration. The first warning was on the 13th, and then again on the 14th. Army presence on the streets - but very low key and muted.

My GF came back from work yesterday at her bank and stated that a bomb threat was the talk of the town along with much policing

They maintain it was not a terrorist attack, eh, what attack???

In major cities where terrorist attacks have occured, they maintain it was not a terrorist attack??????????????????

Who wrote the article.

Do they mean that they have recieved intelligence reports thet 4 dangerous suspects have crossed into Thailand and may be in Hua Hin.

I am feeling very safe here in Hua Hin now that I know they are not terrorists, just suspected bombers maybe. coffee1.gif

My GF came back from work yesterday at her bank and stated that a bomb threat was the talk of the town along with much policing

I didn't think any banks were open yesterday.

I didn't think any banks were open yesterday.

Kasikorn Market Village and it was open

And my GF came back from work yesterday at her A-Go-Go bar and confirmed that there were more Arabs drooling than usual

YES, I confirm there are more and more Arab, day by day, HH and women and girls wear the hijab (hiding hair, ears and neck) or even the jilbab, also hiding the body, but where the face is seen.

The police should start monitoring these Muslims.ph34r.pngph34r.pngph34r.pngph34r.pngph34r.pngph34r.pngph34r.pngcowboy.gifw00t.gif

more garbage to justify some other garbage bah.gif

hey ............ we cant have any man nipples on public display , they were on t shirt patrol . gotta keep those nip's covered up , quality tourists have tender eye's .

I am glad to see that another Songkran has come and gone without any

big mishaps. I would rather see the police being more cautious and doing

security checks than to see carnage after a bomb does go off.

I was in Bangkok when a stage was bombed at a concert. Lucky for me that my

Thai relatives were worried so we watched the concert on TV. I was also in the

south near Pattini when a bomb went off there as well, and the panic was on a lot of faces.

I was lucky again as our bus had just left the area where the bomb exploded, or we would have

been injured. I have no desire to be where some nut job from ISIL or any of the

terrorist thugs are at and doing their killings.

Enjoy life while you can as who knows what the future holds for any of us.

Geezer