Is it possible to find true love in Pattaya?

You don't find true love, you find a partner. Then you build a lasting love together. Lots of women in Pattaya, no problem there. The likelihood of lasting a lifetime grow slimmer though if you are different in socio-economic status, culture, education, and age. Lots of the relationships in Pattaya have wide chasms for each of these to overcome. Not impossible, but tremendously challenging I would imagine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There you are Tawan77. George and Tammy.

Edited by possum1931

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies go to Pattaya to find cash they can't find at home.......I have NEVER met any bird that has rejected a farang for any reason if he can provide cash....Not one......BUT..........If the vibes worked.....Great..........thumbsup.gif

Apart from Possums wife and her two friends. They didn't go to Pattaya to earn cash. Holiday trip to the seaside, I'm guessing.

Edited by BritManToo

You don't find true love, you find a partner. Then you build a lasting love together. Lots of women in Pattaya, no problem there. The likelihood of lasting a lifetime grow slimmer though if you are different in socio-economic status, culture, education, and age. Lots of the relationships in Pattaya have wide chasms for each of these to overcome. Not impossible, but tremendously challenging I would imagine.

The chances of love lasting a life time?

Don't think that happens anywhere these days. Unless one of you has a m/c accident.

Anyway, all the foreigners I meet in Thailand are the same socioeconomic status as their bar girls.

A plumber from Bolton and a farm girl from Issan, not much difference.

Don't think I've met any western expat with a degree.

Update.

A recent survey shows that most of the guys who sit on the pavement/sidewalk drinking outside 7/11 don't have a degree.

For how long a period of time? [just kidding]

But true love may not be the same for everyone and at every stage in life... a love can be true, but not centered around romance and sex.

I assume you are talking about romantic love as found amongst 20 yr olds... and to that, I would answer probably not. And it rarely lasts in that form for 20 year olds for too long. Love changes. A mature love can be much deeper and even truer.

But fortunately, there are many different types of love and they are available to people of all ages.

Edited by kenk24

You start out by asking if it is possible to find "True Love " in Pattaya......then you divert by pointing that you see a lot old men with younger women there? What has the latter got to do with your original question?

You start out by asking if it is possible to find "True Love " in Pattaya......then you divert by pointing that you see a lot old men with younger women there? What has the latter got to do with your original question?

He thinks that they could be after the money in their wallets, they aren't,they are after the pension when the old fart dies

Cant sure I ever really understood what other people meant when they crap on about love.

When they say things like their partner is their best friend, sounds really gay.

Even using the same word partner, instead of husband or wife, sounds kind of dumb. Your partner? Business Partner? Bridge Partner?

Any relationship that starts with a bar fine and then goes into monthly payments is what I call a rental agreement. True love will only be known if the payments are stopped and she stays. For those who are in a relationship based on money who do not test the true feelings of the girl are fools. Cut off the funding for a few months and see where it goes .... I would guess back to the place you rented her.

Edited by ttthailand

You can find true love as long as your money lasts. Probably half of the "true love rent payments" go up country to support aging parents and from 1 to 3 kids. Miss an installment and true love ends out of necessity. Why would you think it is any easier to find true love here versus back in your home country?

Edited by akentryan

As to seeing Thai with Thai - how extensive are your circles or are you just talking about what you see in the streets of tourist areas or Bkk?

Not long ago I was visiting a friend - there was a very young looking 37 yr old Thai lady - - She has a 70 yr old Thai man who is her gick... when he stopped by she became all giggly and full of joy... obviously enjoying his presence... they were meeting at my friends place because they cannot really go out in public...

If not love, that was surely happiness... and yes, Thai and Thai, old and young - and old and young is not unusual in Thailand, amongst Thai people. You are not likely to see it in the mall - or know it when you see it.

But, you have mentioned in the past that age gaps bother you... maybe when you get a little older, that will change.

Any relationship that starts with a bar fine and then goes into monthly payments is what I call a rental agreement. True love will only be known if the payments are stopped and she stays.

So what do you call a relationship which starts with a million Baht wedding party, puts you into mortgage debt and misery until it ends with a legally imposed monthly alimony payment and loss of house?

I prefer True Love Pattaya Style.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

'True love' those are the words.

True love as in Mills and Boon and all the other crap books,is not to be found here.But having said that,you have to realise the Thai culture,Love,compassion,and other traits that we westerners see as normal do not apply here.A Thai girl seeks security and not having to worry every day over where the next Baht is coming from.Its not in their nature to fall head over heels in love with a guy,that feeling for them does not exist as we know it.However,when a girl finds a man that will stay with them,not butterfly,and give them a good standard of living they attain a sense of well being and safety.If you can supply all this,then their feelings turn to a deep sort of liking for you,which to them is their form of love.Loyalty is a big thing for them too.If they realise you are a loyal guy,then that can work both ways.Does my wife truly love me? i dont know but she tells me she does,but thats love from her understanding.

I have been married for 4 years,my wife has never given me a days worry,we have worked together as a partnership,on a equal basis and our marriage is still strong today.As she says,'why would i lose you over a nothing?'

I do think that Pattaya is not the place to live full time if you want a successful,lasting relationship.Its the Soddom and Gomorah of Thailand,as is Phuket and the other coastal resorts.I think that one must move away to a place where she feels more comfortable.Also there maybe children from a former relationship to consider.I told my step daughter that i didnt want to be her dad,she has one of those,but i would try very much to be her friend,this made my wife very happy.

So all in all,i am happy with my lot,but i dont think its true love,but it a very good 2nd.

If you want the same sort of thing.Seek it where you can,but do not fear to look in places where others would condemn you,and call you 'fool' once you have found what you want,move away and enjoy it,It can be a very good life here,if you only know where to look.As an aside my wife is ten years younger than me,and still like to make some noise.

Ladies go to Pattaya to find cash they can't find at home.......I have NEVER met any bird that has rejected a farang for any reason if he can provide cash....Not one......BUT..........If the vibes worked.....Great..........thumbsup.gif

Apart from Possums wife and her two friends. They didn't go to Pattaya to earn cash. Holiday trip to the seaside, I'm guessing.

The Thais never mention the P-Word when they go to the beach.

They always say Chonburi. gigglem.gif

Any relationship that starts with a bar fine and then goes into monthly payments is what I call a rental agreement. True love will only be known if the payments are stopped and she stays.

So what do you call a relationship which starts with a million Baht wedding party, puts you into mortgage debt and misery until it ends with a legally imposed monthly alimony payment and loss of house?

I call it a mistake !

Nothing wrong with rentals as long as you understand and accept the terms.

The problem with many of these relationships is that the love is one sided.

I call it a mistake !

Nothing wrong with rentals as long as you understand and accept the terms.

The problem with many of these relationships is that the love is one sided.

Not rentals man, time sharing

In your dreams....

True love is an illusion.

Shopping, teeth straightening, pulling, filling, new bathing suit, mom is sick, no money, my friend can't pay her rent and on and on.....if you pay you can find the alleged true love until the money runs out.

Tip. If you get bored tell that person no money and watch them run, never to return!

What is your definition of "true love"?

Many men find a new love every night or so...while the new lovers are working up a sweat...it is as true as any at that time...

If you are a romantic...Pattaya is probably not the place to look for "true love"...