SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the UK leaving the EU?

• Yes, I am a UK national and I support leaving the EU.
    • Yes, I support the UK leaving the EU, but I am not a UK national.
    • No, I am a UK national and I do not support leaving the EU.
    • No, I do not support the UK leaving the EU and I am not a UK national.

This poll is closed to new votes

The media in UK have generally not analyzed where the EU is going.it's a deliberate attempt to distract voters with lies and fears of leaving.The EU commission ready to produce more dictates on June 24 and the impossibilty of"squaring the circle" of a having a single currency without complete federalist and a political union,.The UK electorate have a chance to lead the way that the people's of other EU countries will surely follow!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media in UK have generally not analyzed where the EU is going.it's a deliberate attempt to distract voters with lies and fears of leaving.The EU commission ready to produce more dictates on June 24 and the impossibilty of"squaring the circle" of a having a single currency without complete federalist and a political union,.The UK electorate have a chance to lead the way that the people's of other EU countries will surely follow!

There has been plenty of analysis. It just doesn't chime in with your opinion so has to be written off in a not-worth-considering throwaway. As for the Leave team not fear-mongering, give me a break.

There has been plenty of analysis. It just doesn't chime in with your opinion so has to be written off in a not-worth-considering throwaway. As for the Leave team not fear-mongering, give me a break.

Analysis that fits your opinion! And the fear mongering about the country collapsing by your sort would fill pages,preferably on a toilet roll.

If Brexiteers implement a points based immigration system as they have said they would, only those workers with the right skills etc would be allowed to remain. But EU countries would do similar hence the potential exists for the UK to loose up to 2 million EU workers who want to be here and would receive in return, 1.2 million UK workers who were resident in the EU and who don't want to be here, or (pro rata). Hmm, that doesn't sound like a particularly good idea to me, does it seem like a good idea top anyone else? Enforced return of the expat, either through economic or juristic means, we got our sovereignty back so now you WLL come back and enjoy it

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36419815

If Brexiteers implement a points based immigration system as they have said they would, only those workers with the right skills etc would be allowed to remain. But EU countries would do similar hence the potential exists for the UK to loose up to 2 million EU workers who want to be here and would receive in return, 1.2 million UK workers who were resident in the EU and who don't want to be here, or (pro rata). Hmm, that doesn't sound like a particularly good idea to me, does it seem like a good idea top anyone else? Enforced return of the expat, either through economic or juristic means, we got our sovereignty back so now you WLL come back and enjoy it

more lies from "in crowd",ANY points based system would apply to.NEW immigrants. Post your fiction,it goes in one ear and out the next of most folk!

"The pound has fallen sharply against the dollar after a new poll showing the Leave campaign ahead in the EU referendum."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-pound-slides-sharply-against-the-us-dollar-after-poll-showing-brexit-ahead-a7058021.html

This article is a bit misleading. The chart shows the downward movement to start at just after 15.30 London time. At 15.15 London time the dollar index made a sharp upward movement, in the space of 30 minutes it rose from 95.488 to 95.809(0.34%). More than half of the downward movement on the pound was due to a sudden change in the dollar.

I am not saying that the movement in the dollar was not down to the poll but the reporting should be a bit more accurate. Very little happens in isolation.

I noticed that at 14.15 London time on 31st May that there was a sudden rise in the price of crude oil. So the question is, was the sudden rise in the dollar and subsequent fall in the pound, down to a change in crude oil price or a UK poll?

Ten years after Brexit:

http://esharp.eu/debates/the-uk-and-europe/out-10-years-after-brexit

A very plausible if not likely scenario.

And then again there's the life of the Brit. expat in Thailand three five and ten years on, the stock market having been badly hit and drawdown pensions reduced to the level of a poor annuity, the exchange rate against the baht at 42 and the price of UK property out of the reach of most returning expats, yum, a work of fiction or a foreseen reality or don't we know/really care.

Many expats will have drifted back to maximise their pensions and make use of the NHS, net migration will still be an issue.

more lies from "in crowd",ANY points based system would apply to.NEW immigrants. Post your fiction,it goes in one ear and out the next of most folk!

"Post your fiction,it goes in one ear and out the next of most folk!" - I fear that is probably true because in far too many cases there's nothing between them to stop the flow or interupt the momentum!

"ANY points based system would apply to.NEW immigrants". I feel much better knowing that you personally guarantee that will be the case.

Why should anyone think ANY different? Unless it's from the bigots who believe everyone who isn't a

open door to all migrants is racist, That was the line peddled by the Labour losers from 97~2010,and the liberal parts of the media.

"Post your fiction,it goes in one ear and out the next of most folk!" - I fear that is probably true because in far too many cases there's nothing between them to stop the flow or interupt the momentum!

"ANY points based system would apply to.NEW immigrants". I feel much better knowing that you personally guarantee that will be the case.

I did watch on one of the videos on you tube where Nigel Farage said any one who had arrived in the UK legaly would not be asked to leave, as they are legal migrants, only new migrants would be affected by a points based system.

Of course you will now ask me to revisit all the videos I have watched to find the comment so I can post a link you don't want to look at.

I did watch on one of the videos on you tube where Nigel Farage said any one who had arrived in the UK legaly would not be asked to leave, as they are legal migrants, only new migrants would be affected by a points based system.

Of course you will now ask me to revisit all the videos I have watched to find the comment so I can post a link you don't want to look at.

If you have nothing better to do with your time and you want to do it, be my guest. Alternatively, I'm perfectly happy to taker your word to it, if you say it is so then it is so.

The thing to remember with work permits is that they tend to be of fairly short duration and typically need to be renewed every twelve or twenty four months hence the point is moot.

Why should anyone think ANY different? Unless it's from the bigots who believe everyone who isn't a

open door to all migrants is racist, That was the line peddled by the Labour losers from 97~2010,and the liberal parts of the media.

Tsk tsk, such venom Alfred, are we not having a good day or what!

Well I hardly think that is a sufficient reason not to leave.giggle.gif

Rahul Chadha predicts robots will replace around 3.5m workers in China over the next five years. Please tell us why you don’t think similar dynamics will apply in Europe? And think of all the possibilities with multilingual robotstongue.png

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/3/bc9454e0-fd7b-11e5-b5f5-070dca6d0a0d.html#axzz4AOyk6uWm

Tsk tsk, such venom Alfred, are we not having a good day or what!

perfect day

Lol and the UK is a democracy? You think that any of the politicians on the left or the right give a shit about you? They are just puppets of the elite and they treat the population like plebs. However I can see the beauty of being shafted by the devil you know

It looks as though Spain has followed the Dutch lead re.Brexit:

"British expats could forfeit their rights to live in Spain if they vote to leave the EU, the Spanish prime minister has warned, saying forgoing free movement rights would be “negative for everyone”.

More than 400,000 British citizens live and work in Spain, while 100,000 Spanish citizens live in the UK, Mariano Rajoy said".

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/02/brexit-vote-could-affect-brits-right-live-in-spain-spanish-pm-mariano-rajoy

BTW I'm just the g'damn messenger here posting news items I think might be of interest to different types of people, if ever I come across a pro-Brexit article that looks sane and interesting, I'll be sure to post it.

"British expats could forfeit their rights to live in Spain if they vote to leave the EU, the Spanish prime minister has warned, saying forgoing free movement rights would be negative for everyone.

The dirty Spanish goon would say that wouldn't he.

The Spanish take out more than they put in, simple.

I really don't give a toss what anyone says now, as my wife and I already have our poll cards and return to the UK the week before the referendum and we're both voting out. End of.

Idle "veiled" threats made by elected politicians, for example Barak Obama, David Cameron/ George Osborne, Jean-Paul Junker,

and, latterly Mariano Rajoy, together with those holding power within institutions like the IMF and the OECD, have to be seen for what

they are; rhetoric in support of vested interests and self-serving political agendas. One wonders if any of their comments represent an interest

in the common good for the citizens of their respective countries, or the world at large. Do they understand the meaning of the word "altruism"?

And if, for example, a struggling member state of the European Union, with high unemployment and budget deficits, wants to play a silly

game of tit-for-tat with the United Kingdom, we should not be at all surprised at the outcome. Ultimately, Spain would have to go along with

their begging-bowl held out and suborn themselves to the IMF and the World Bank, and face additional controls on top of those they already

have within the EU.

Rajoy's comments are simple posturing and grandstanding on the European stage. Perhaps he should put his own house in order?

"British expats could forfeit their rights to live in Spain if they vote to leave the EU, the Spanish prime minister has warned, saying forgoing free movement rights would be negative for everyone.

I really don't give a toss what anyone says now, as my wife and I already have our poll cards and return to the UK the week before the referendum and we're both voting out. End of.

The only goons are the illiterate ignorant British living in Spain. Please vote leave so that we can start cleansing Spain from poor Brits. We need a point system too to get rid of the dross. We only want quality Brits that can speak the language and with more than a shitty 600 quid pension.

The only goons are the illiterate ignorant British living in Spain. Please vote leave so that we can start cleansing Spain from poor Brits. We need a point system too to get rid of the dross. We only want quality Brits that can speak the language and with more than a shitty 600 quid pension.

Do the respective views of Wooloomooloo and Johnyo, above, perhaps give an example of exactly how "united" the European Union actually is? If so, the EU

has an awful long way to go before bringing about a coalesced and cohesive state.

Exactly, allanos. Do I care about the Spanish? No. Do the Spanish care about me? No.

We never have done and never will. The UK has sleepwalked in to this abortion of an EU mess and it's time to get out.

Trust me, if the Brits have the bottle to leave, member states will follow one by one until the hangers on are left high and dry. Goodbye and good riddance.

Do the respective views of Wooloomooloo and Johnyo, above, perhaps give an example of exactly how "united" the European Union actually is? If so, the EU

has an awful long way to go before bringing about a coalesced and cohesive state.

From a Spanish point of view we think that free movement is out of control. As a country that welcomes retirees we have no control on who can come. The EU would have been a good idea if it was limited to the 10 or so more powerful economies. 28 is just not manageable.

Exactly, allanos. Do I care about the Spanish? No. Do the Spanish care about me? No.

We never have done and never will. The UK has sleepwalked in to this abortion of an EU mess and it's time to get out.

Trust me, if the Brits have the bottle to leave, member states will follow one by one until the hangers on are left high and dry. Goodbye and good riddance.

I agree but don't be fooled into thinking that your own government gives a shitt about you either. If they did they wouldn't freeze pensions and deny access to your own health system just because you don't live back in the UK.

More interestingly to answer perhaps is, do you care about the 400,000 Brits living in Spain, do you care about any British expats living outside the UK, including those in Thailand and do you care about anyone apart from yourself, your family and friends? Whilst not meaning to be controversial on this point it seems to me from what you wrote that you only care about yourself and fellow Brits living in the UK, or is that not the case?

I agree but don't be fooled into thinking that your own government gives a shitt about you either. If they did they wouldn't freeze pensions and deny access to your own health system just because you don't live back in the UK.

Unfortunately, I do reside in the UK with my Thai wife and pay my dues by way of basic rate at 20% and higher rate of 40% tax, Johnyo. I'd much prefer the huge amount of tax that I settle to stay in-house, if you get my drift. Can't be any worse.

Though I am in LOS at present providing my wife time with her family. But, I get your point and well noted.

I agree. I find it disgusting that after all the years that you will be paying taxes if afterwards you decided to retire over here your pension gets frozen. <deleted> you not using any of the infrastructure and get penalised!! I don't think left or right will change that as ex pats are not really important come election time.

Archived