Where to get a good haircut near Nana?

candels

When I'm in Bangkok I go to a place in Siam Center. I personally think it is well worth the 500 baht it costs for a mens hair cut. I know you could get cheaper but I know I can go here and get exactly what I want consistently.

http://www.siamcenter.co.th/shop.php?id=162

And I thought was being overcharged when my shop recently went from 80 to 100 baht. But perhaps I do not know the meaning of "mens hair cut".

Go to the large barbershop at the end of the MBK fourth floor. Ask for Dong. If possible, take along a picture of the hairstlye that you want on your phone or printed out. I've found that a picture is better than several hundred words. 250 baht plus tip includes a shampoo before and after. Sorry that I can't remember the name of the shop but just go to the end of the floor to where Best Buy used to be, turn right and walk past all of the banks. I'll make a note of the shop on my next visit.

It's very hard to find a barber who speaks english and is not a ladyboy.

My last (forever) haircut costed 250 baht, took one hour and i looked like a fresh marine soldier. He could have done that in 1 minute with a good trimmer.

So now my wife does it, much easyier thumbsup.gif.

My nana used to cut my hair for years. Bowl on the head & trim round the edges then I was a sexy man again.

I brought a pair of Philips, self service, clippers over here many years ago. They had a rotating head so you could cut your own hair from any angle; used to do a shave & cut every week...

The battery died & I had a high paying job so I invested in a pair of 3000B Remington clippers. They came with all the attachments, scissors, brushes etc. They're still going strong 2 years later although they cost me 50B aircon during the high season. smile.png

My nana used to cut my hair for years. Bowl on the head & trim round the edges then I was a sexy man again.

I brought a pair of Philips, self service, clippers over here many years ago. They had a rotating head so you could cut your own hair from any angle; used to do a shave & cut every week...

The battery died & I had a high paying job so I invested in a pair of 3000B Remington clippers. They came with all the attachments, scissors, brushes etc. They're still going strong 2 years later although they cost me 50B aircon during the high season. smile.png

post-228013-0-39151200-1460840040_thumb.

• Like 1

hair cut ll. soi 5 ....diagonally across from FOODLAND ..ask for pam...she and her sister have owned this shop for years...great ladies that care about their shop and clients

How much do they charge for a regular mens haircut?

When I'm in Bangkok I go to a place in Siam Center. I personally think it is well worth the 500 baht it costs for a mens hair cut. I know you could get cheaper but I know I can go here and get exactly what I want consistently.

http://www.siamcenter.co.th/shop.php?id=162

And I thought was being overcharged when my shop recently went from 80 to 100 baht. But perhaps I do not know the meaning of "mens hair cut".

What are you on about? What else could "mens hair cut" possibly mean?

There used to be a real good, lady barber on Sukhumvit just around Soi 5 or 7... at the bottom of a footbridge anyway, just in behind some tourist tat shop and next door to (I think) an Italian restaurant. She moved around the corner onto Soi 11 and sent me an sms when she moved but I lost both the message and her contact number. I made an attempt to find her but Soi 11 is chock full of side roads and small mini-malls so exactly where could be anyone's guess. If anyone recalls this place and knows where she relocated to, it's worth the trip. She uses a scissors to cut hair and not one of those useless electric razor and thinning shear buggers that know nothing at all about what they are supposed to be doing.

I have to learn not to just go into a shop and ask for a haircut, yet explain that I only want a little off above the ears and trim the back to make it not look shaggy.
Everytime I've said this in Thailand, I get a routine Thaistyle old man haircut (quite short, almost a buzz cut)

Last time, I asked around and went to (supposedly) the best girl around, who has her own shop.

When finished, I got more than 3 comments from friends saying I needed a new barber.

I'm fed up.
My wife trims it now.
It doesn't grow very fast anymore anyway.

I might try this one near Foodland next time I'm in Bangkok. (you can always hope)

Yes, there's a barber shop there. Does anyone care to make a comment about it?

I get my hair cut on Soi 11, across the street from Villa Market. It's 250 baht but they usually do a decent job.

I get my hair cut on Soi 11, across the street from Villa Market. It's 250 baht but they usually do a decent job.

I was a "regular" there for a few years back in the "90's. You enter by walking past the watch repair shop, who I think owns the barber shop. In the back he has about 5 barber chairs and several chairs for customers to sit while waiting their turn. Unless you have a favorite barber the procedure is to take the next available barber. Small, narrow shop, hot (no a/c) and not particularly clean. I think a h/c was around B30 back then but I'm sure more now. You pay the watch repair guy on the way out.

Edited by Spaniel
  • Like 1

I was a "regular" there for a few years back in the "90's. You enter by walking past the watch repair shop, who I think owns the barber shop. In the back he has about 5 barber chairs and several chairs for customers to sit while waiting their turn. Unless you have a favorite barber the procedure is to take the next available barber. Small, narrow shop, hot (no a/c) and not particularly clean. I think a h/c was around B30 back then but I'm sure more now. You pay the watch repair guy on the way out.

I've never had a haircut there but I've used the watch repair guy and can recommend him. He's a fair and honest guy.

I'm wondering if your barber is the one I mentioned in my earlier post that moved from around the corner on Sukhumvit. Middle-aged lady with limited English but knows how to use a scissors properly. If it's not her shop, maybe she's working there.

I'm wondering if your barber is the one I mentioned in my earlier post that moved from around the corner on Sukhumvit. Middle-aged lady with limited English but knows how to use a scissors properly. If it's not her shop, maybe she's working there.

Don't know who owns the shop but there's a stable of girls working there. For years I used to use a place on Sukhumvit that not only gave a good cut but would use a fresh razor to shave the back of my neck and ear lobes for 250. Unfortunately they've had a change in ownership and now only employ ladyboys.

Some barber shops around Nana charge 400 baht.

Take Sky Train to Thong Lo. Do not go down any stairs to street level.

Take exit (East) that goes towards Soi 55 (Thong Lo). There is an hair cut place right on walkway level, orange color signage.

Flat rate, 100 baht. You put 100 baht note into machine, and get a receipt/paper.

Give that to them, and get what you need. smile.png

As to their level of English, unknown. (as I get the easy shave it all)

Edited by matador007

• 3 weeks later...

Soi 8 Thong Manhattan used to be opposite The Kiwi/Soi 8 Bar but moved just around the corner,think it's the first sub-Soi on the right as you come down Soi 8 now at the end on the left-hand side.Old-style barber for 200 baht,does the old cut throat (razor) thing on the back of your neck,hot towels and a bit of a shoulder massage job's a good ún! smile.png