Ford Fiasco

Cabrinha

The new Everest is nice and no doubt selling like the WT3.2 when it first came out. Demand is outstripping supply which is not unusual in other countries also for certain cars.

none of which justifies por mitigates the behaviour of the dealership

Yep, I have no problem at all waiting a lone time due to demand outstripping supply.

What I have a big issue with is Ford contacting me and telling me to come to their showroom with a cheque on April 1st to pick up my car and then I arrive and my car is not there. I flew in from another country and I timed my dates especially to collect the car. They should have informed me several days earlier (when they knew) that my car would not be there as promised on April 1st.

I agree with other posters who say this is probably not a Ford issue but a Thai issue and could just as easily happened with any brand in Thailand.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Everest is nice and no doubt selling like the WT3.2 when it first came out. Demand is outstripping supply which is not unusual in other countries also for certain cars.

Yep, I have no problem at all waiting a lone time due to demand outstripping supply.

What I have a big issue with is Ford contacting me and telling me to come to their showroom with a cheque on April 1st to pick up my car and then I arrive and my car is not there. I flew in from another country and I timed my dates especially to collect the car. They should have informed me several days earlier (when they knew) that my car would not be there as promised on April 1st.

I agree with other posters who say this is probably not a Ford issue but a Thai issue and could just as easily happened with any brand in Thailand.

Yep - before people started buying Ford's, it was Honda delivery times & run-arounds everyone complained about - but you'd never see them giving you a loaner while you waited ;)

Yep - before people started buying Ford's, it was Honda delivery times & run-arounds everyone complained about - but you'd never see them giving you a loaner while you waited ;)

Actually I think what you get in compensation is up to you personally....I got a loaner off Mitsu over 7 years ago....Nissan got a special team onto my car about 6 years ago....they got it wrong, but it was 4 guys from head office for free.

The thing is really down to your negotiation skills and how persuasive you can be.

Unfortunately in Thailand your starting point is from the firm belief that "The customer is always wrong"

Actually I think what you get in compensation is up to you personally....I got a loaner off Mitsu over 7 years ago....Nissan got a special team onto my car about 6 years ago....they got it wrong, but it was 4 guys from head office for free.

The thing is really down to your negotiation skills and how persuasive you can be.

Unfortunately in Thailand your starting point is from the firm belief that "The customer is always wrong"

It's also got a lot do with what they have as dealer stock that could actually be offered as a loaner ;)

Yep - before people started buying Ford's, it was Honda delivery times & run-arounds everyone complained about - but you'd never see them giving you a loaner while you waited wink.png

Honda dont do Taxis , Commercials, or Converted Trucks here .So who needed a loaner.?. very few i bet..........

Honda dont do Taxis , Commercials, or Converted Trucks here .So who needed a loaner.?. very few i bet..........

Go CR-V shopping Ace - then see how they quote 6 weeks for the color you want, and how that 6 weeks almost never happens smile.png

Even better - try buying a Civic RS... good luck :)

Edited by IMHO

Anyway IMHO ive got a {Ford} , aka Lincoln Navigator 2016 from LAX Airport took 15 Mins. Real Engine too....cheesy.gif

Nice one Ace. I sold my chili pepper 2 months ago, so no real retort.... for now ;)

UPDATE: What's with their difficulty to tell the truth and keep their customers informed on whats happening.

Last week, I'm not in Thailand and a new person whom I don't know starts sending me messages on the Line app. She says she works for Ford and she is my new sales person as the old one has resigned. Did she contact me to give me an update on the delivery of my car? No. She contacted me to say that they needed the Ecosport back because they "need it for QC". They offered to give me a fiesta instead. As I'm in the middle of moving house, I declined the offer of the Fiesta and informed the lady that I don't think it's needed for QC as it's a new car and is running great.

The next day a new person I never had contact with starts to message me on the Line App. He informs me he is from a bank and they work with Ford and that he needs to send his staff to take a photo of the chassis number on the Ecosport.

Anyway, I'm bank in Thailand now and I went to the dealership and spoke to the manager. Of course the line about needed in the Ecosport back for QC was a lie. So I asked the manager for an update of when my Everest would be delivered. She made a call in front of me but the person she called couldn't take the call and said they would call back. This late morning. So, I couldn't wait around. I asked the manger to please call me back in the afternoon with an update. She said she would.

Did she call me back? Absolutely not. How do these people stay in business? Is it survival of the least bad company?

UPDATE: What's with their difficulty to tell the truth and keep their customers informed on whats happening.

Last week, I'm not in Thailand and a new person whom I don't know starts sending me messages on the Line app. She says she works for Ford and she is my new sales person as the old one has resigned. Did she contact me to give me an update on the delivery of my car? No. She contacted me to say that they needed the Ecosport back because they "need it for QC". They offered to give me a fiesta instead. As I'm in the middle of moving house, I declined the offer of the Fiesta and informed the lady that I don't think it's needed for QC as it's a new car and is running great.

The next day a new person I never had contact with starts to message me on the Line App. He informs me he is from a bank and they work with Ford and that he needs to send his staff to take a photo of the chassis number on the Ecosport.

Anyway, I'm bank in Thailand now and I went to the dealership and spoke to the manager. Of course the line about needed in the Ecosport back for QC was a lie. So I asked the manager for an update of when my Everest would be delivered. She made a call in front of me but the person she called couldn't take the call and said they would call back. This late morning. So, I couldn't wait around. I asked the manger to please call me back in the afternoon with an update. She said she would.

Did she call me back? Absolutely not. How do these people stay in business? Is it survival of the least bad company?

Wait until you finally get your new Ford and need to make a warranty claim, thats when the real fun and games begin !!

Edited by Don Mega

whilst Ford may have a great product, waiting time until delivery and customer service is just not acceptable. How can it be that they cannot ramp up capacity at their factories? As for customer service, maybe you picked a rubbish dealer, maybe another one is better. But for the few dealings I had with Toyota, they will always double check whether everything is ok, sometimes they call me from a QC center to provide feedback on a dealer etc.

whilst Ford may have a great product, waiting time until delivery and customer service is just not acceptable. How can it be that they cannot ramp up capacity at their factories? As for customer service, maybe you picked a rubbish dealer, maybe another one is better. But for the few dealings I had with Toyota, they will always double check whether everything is ok, sometimes they call me from a QC center to provide feedback on a dealer etc.
Indeed. Why can't Ford just build on another wing to the factory to build more cars to meet demand. Stoopid company!

Indeed. Why can't Ford just build on another wing to the factory to build more cars to meet demand. Stoopid company!

Yes, any criticism of your beloved brand is hard to accept.

Yes, any criticism of your beloved brand is hard to accept.
So you also think that Ford are deliberately not running at full capacity just to annoy any potential customers?

they are stupid indeed. Great R&D but poor production capabilities. It hurts their reputation and turns potential customers like me and others away. If you launch a new car, you gotta be able to deliver it in a reasonable time.

Wait until you finally get your new Ford and need to make a warranty claim, thats when the real fun and games begin !!

Real life experience! Ranger WT 3.2, 13 months old, bought in Udon. Spotted a leaking front wheel cv boot seal during the 30k km service at Ford Pattaya. Booked in for warranty repair 10 days later. Dropped off at 10 AM, ready to collect at 2 PM. They had replaced the shaft and seal. No charge and they valeted the car too.

Real life experience! Ranger WT 3.2, 13 months old, bought in Udon. Spotted a leaking front wheel cv boot seal during the 30k km service at Ford Pattaya. Booked in for warranty repair 10 days later. Dropped off at 10 AM, ready to collect at 2 PM. They had replaced the shaft and seal. No charge and they valeted the car too.

Yeah I was just taking the piss based on the stories I have read.

Ive no actual real world experience here as the stories scare me from buying a new ford.

Ive no actual real world experience here as the stories scare me from buying a new ford.

Ford really didn't do themselves many favors using that Getrag dual clutch in the Fiesta and Focus - they should have just stuck to the torque converters to co-dev'd with Chev, IMHO.

If you remove all the stories about powershift problems, and delivery delays which have forever plagued the Ranger and Everest, the rest feels pretty par for course - no more or less faults than any other brand. But it's also hard to ignore the stories where it took a lot of time and anguish on the customers part to get a result from Ford service.

For me, I have other cars parked in my driveway to choose fro should I ever have a service delay on a Ford, so it's not a blocker for me, but I can understand those with one car households fearing such scenarios.

That said, my only issues with Ford so far are sales related, not service - but I've also not yet had anything break or malfunction.

My wife's had the new Focus for 4 years this summer. Any problems have been dealt with well by Ford. The only problems were the gearbox and an aftermarket battery that was fitted that turned out to be too small. The purchasing and handover of my Everest by the dealer were both timely and excellent. I've owned new cars from many major brands here including; Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Honda, Mazda and Ford and the servicing has been pretty similar. My only experience with terrible servicing was with a so called premium brand, Ducati. I don't know what some people's servicing expectations are, maybe it's gourmet coffee, cuban cigars and Swedish masseurs.

You are not alone.

From the Boy who flooded a Ranger in a Puddle n bleated for weeks. No experience eh .