Ford Fiasco

Cabrinha

So I ordered an Everest back in September or October. I was told delivery would be next year but they couldn't say when. When January came around they told me that delivery would be in March. Great. So March arrives and I contact the dealer to find out when in March. They can't tell me. Second week of March I enquire again. Sales lady tells me she will know more next week. Third week of March she says delivery will be on the 30th. I was out of the country and just arriving back on 31st, so we agreed that I would come to pick it up on the 1st of April.

Well they made a right fool of me. First thing in the morning I went to the bank to get the cashiers cheque. Then I drive to the dealer. On arrival I was surprised to see no Everest around. Into the showroom I go and the sales lady I always deal with is not there. Another guy tells me that she is at the mall selling cars there. Strange. Anyway I tell the guy that I'm here to pick up my Everest as pre arranged with his colleague. He puts me sitting at a table and brings me water. Then he comes and tells me that Ford will deliver the vehicle next month. Unbelievable.

So I immediately ask the manager to come out from hiding in her office . .... Long story continues. My sales lady then arrives back from the mall. She sheepishly tells me she is sorry. I asked her when she knew that the car was not being delivered as agreed. She said she knew two days before but she said her manager told her not to tell me and just let me come to the showroom. Unfrickenbelievable. After a half an hour I forced the manager to give me another car until my Everest arrives. So I've been driving their ecosport test car since then.

The communication or lack of it was just totally unbelievable.....

Only for it's the best in class and I really still want the Everest, I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Rant over.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There/.

Sorry to hear about your Ford dealership problems! - But you have ordered the most popular model at the moment - so deliveries will alter?

I am sure the extra wait will be worth while when you get an excellent! Everest class model!

What Ford Dealership are you talking about? maybe help to others? please (or pm me)

Thank you

Edited by Martinpeter

I had a similar situation when the new Ford Ranger came out about 4 years ago. I placed an order and a 5,000 baht deposit for one and after about 6 months of dealer lies and deceit regarding the delivery of the vehicle I cancelled my order and then had one hell of a time getting my deposit back. I had to involve Ford USA and then Ford office in Bangkok to pressure the dealer to refund my deposit. Never again will I ever step foot in this dealers showroom.

I bought a Toyota pickup and couldn't be happier.

Post hidden - Forum Rule -

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

I'd say that behaviour is still the norm for all car dealerships in Thailand and a load of other businesses. They will do anything to avoid giving you the bad news (kreng Jai) - bit fail to realise that they are just making matters worse.

with Mitsu and Nissan I contacted their head offices in Bangkok. Mitsu took my problem seriously but Nissan were just a joke - even making what sounded to me like veiled threats.

The problem is now that your Ford dealer will be in a panic to get your car in time, so will probably have to take whatever is available - I'd check the car thoroughly on arrival to make sure it is

a) - exactly what you ordered and

B) - hasn't got a load of unexplained wear and tear on it.

Edited by cumgranosalum

My WT 2.2 took 2 weeks to arrive and I don't have to drive around in a Toyota!

2.2 is available it's the 3.2 the good one that you'll have to wait for.

Fred you have the good one, take good care and there will be no issues.

Head to the Ford garage and ask them what the cost will be to change your present model for a 3.2 Ford

Reality will kick in and you will be a happy man.

Ford have never had a great record of delivering 3.2L models (EV or Rangers) in a timely manner - and it seems like not much is changing.

Each dealer gets a limited allocation of deliveries every month, so the trick to getting faster delivery is to phone around and find a dealer that hasn't yet sold theirs out well in advance. I bought mine from a dealer over 500KM away and got it in the first ever batch of deliveries - other members here booked well before me but waited and extra 3-4 months for theirs - delivery time is all about the dealer you buy from.

I had a similar situation when the new Ford Ranger came out about 4 years ago. I placed an order and a 5,000 baht deposit for one and after about 6 months of dealer lies and deceit regarding the delivery of the vehicle I cancelled my order and then had one hell of a time getting my deposit back. I had to involve Ford USA and then Ford office in Bangkok to pressure the dealer to refund my deposit. Never again will I ever step foot in this dealers showroom.

I bought a Toyota pickup and couldn't be happier.

Not sure about that last statement, but happy to hear you're satisfied :P

My WT 2.2 took 2 weeks to arrive and I don't have to drive around in a Toyota!

2.2 is available it's the 3.2 the good one that you'll have to wait for.

Fred you have the good one, take good care and there will be no issues.

Head to the Ford garage and ask them what the cost will be to change your present model for a 3.2 Ford

Reality will kick in and you will be a happy man.

No intention of getting rid of my Spivo still goes and stops, after nearly 7 years looks like new. Don't like any of the new stuff available anyway.

Might have had a look at the new Spivo but as that doesn't have a 3.2 or bigger engine they can keep it.

My Everest 3.2 arrived 3 weeks before the promised date. I ordered in February and it arrived in March. Absolutely fantastic car.

yopu probably got the OP's car.

surely though the problem is nothing to do with actual delivery time taken? the problem is CUSTOMER SERVICE; firstly the company failed to deliver at the time THEY SAID and then fail;ed to adequately keep the customer informed about what was going on.

The customer is in all probability going to have his vehicle serviced by this lot for several years and before even starting they have generated an atmosphere of antagonism and mistrust.

Quite frankly even though this is par for the course in Thailand, the stupidity of the management is breathtaking in its enormity.

My Everest 3.2 arrived 3 weeks before the promised date. I ordered in February and it arrived in March. Absolutely fantastic car.

surely though the problem is nothing to do with actual delivery time taken? the problem is CUSTOMER SERVICE; firstly the company failed to deliver at the time THEY SAID and then fail;ed to adequately keep the customer informed about what was going on.

The customer is in all probability going to have his vehicle serviced by this lot for several years and before even starting they have generated an atmosphere of antagonism and mistrust.

Quite frankly even though this is par for the course in Thailand, the stupidity of the management is breathtaking in its enormity.

In regards to the OP I reckon the company did deliver the vehicle on time..... just to someone else who made a financial under the table offer to jump the queue.

In regards to the OP I reckon the company did deliver the vehicle on time..... just to someone else who made a financial under the table offer to jump the queue.

If that is the case I hope they received a big offer. They now cannot easily sell an Ecosport for the next month as I have their test drive vehicle in my possession and I've only ever given them a 5,000 thb deposit on the Everest.

The solution may be to buy from a small city dealership. Because the sale volume is small, they will do anything to please its clients. You may have to drive it to your place..but..a short vacation may be good too.

Here in Phayao had 2 seating on the show room....last week.

Edited by BKResort

If that is the case I hope they received a big offer. They now cannot easily sell an Ecosport for the next month as I have their test drive vehicle in my possession and I've only ever given them a 5,000 thb deposit on the Everest.

Why does you having their test drive vehicle stop them from selling other Ecosports ?

Why does you having their test drive vehicle stop them from selling other Ecosports ?

Where did I say it stops them from selling other Ecosports?

The new Everest is nice and no doubt selling like the WT3.2 when it first came out. Demand is outstripping supply which is not unusual in other countries also for certain cars.

Edited by jmccarty

The new Everest is nice and no doubt selling like the WT3.2 when it first came out. Demand is outstripping supply which is not unusual in other countries also for certain cars.

none of which justifies por mitigates the behaviour of the dealership