What's the problem with western women in Thailand?

webfact

Berkshire needs to open his eyes. As I said, go visit a building site. Watch a Thai soap. Oh....and by the way.....take off the rose tinted glasses.

Here's a novel idea. Ask a Thai woman who gets treated better in Thailand; men or women?

Sorry, I don't hang out at building sites trying to pick-up migrant workers. But I do work in a professional capacity, around educated Thai females. My eye doctor is female, as well as my dermatologist. I've met high ranking government officials and university Presidents who are female. I see that you guys mostly hang out around bars and talk to bargirls, so I can understand your warped perspective.

And of course these educated Thai females are a majority in Thailand. Your perspective is not warped by this.facepalm.gif

The majority are also not bargirls, but I'm sure it is in your little world.

"nor even the majority of western men in asia are so overcome by their own inadequacies they feel the need to avoid women of an equal status."

Many Westerners are finding girls of "equal status".

For example, the bloke who comes here with a "questionable" background and unknown history, who ends up getting scammed by a girl with a "questionable" background and unknown history to invest in a tiger sanctuary/bar/Guesthouse/condo.

One of the those.

• Like 1

Thought it was a decent article with some astute observations. I thought she was a little too empathetic to the small % of misogynistic dinosaurs that I run into from time to time here however.

OB

WOW this word misogynistic is popping up all over the place here on TV. Somebody is trying to impress us illiterates. I guess I do fall into the dinosaur category at my advanced age but a misogynistic one certainly not. Must Google that word now so I can throw it out there. Always trying to improve myself.

It's a pretty commonly-used word - I don't think anyone is employing it in an attempt to impress.

Easy Soi Biker your degree is showing again. Just having a little fun. A new word a day keeps the doctor away.

Just made my day......

• Like 1

Thought it was a decent article with some astute observations. I thought she was a little too empathetic to the small % of misogynistic dinosaurs that I run into from time to time here however.

OB

WOW this word misogynistic is popping up all over the place here on TV. Somebody is trying to impress us illiterates. I guess I do fall into the dinosaur category at my advanced age but a misogynistic one certainly not. Must Google that word now so I can throw it out there. Always trying to improve myself.

It's a pretty commonly-used word - I don't think anyone is employing it in an attempt to impress.

Easy Soi Biker your degree is showing again. Just having a little fun. A new word a day keeps the doctor away.

If he want to be accurate he would use gynophobia (aversion/fear of women) in place of misogyny (hatred of women).

Used by feminists, not in an attempt to impress, but in an attempt to insult and vilify people who don't agree with them.

Edited by BritManToo

Berkshire needs to open his eyes. As I said, go visit a building site. Watch a Thai soap. Oh....and by the way.....take off the rose tinted glasses.

Here's a novel idea. Ask a Thai woman who gets treated better in Thailand; men or women?

Sorry, I don't hang out at building sites trying to pick-up migrant workers. But I do work in a professional capacity, around educated Thai females. My eye doctor is female, as well as my dermatologist. I've met high ranking government officials and university Presidents who are female. I see that you guys mostly hang out around bars and talk to bargirls, so I can understand your warped perspective.

@Berkshire, In what you have stated above "I work in a professional capacity around educated Thai females" you experience another Thailand, that of the so called' Elite', whereas 70% of Thais are of rural back ground, and I can assure you that male village kids are better treated than their sisters. I witnessed 20 yrs. off life Baan Nork close up, as my Daughter was born in an impoverished rural setting, where most men sat around drinking Laow Khaow and comparing their Gy chon whilst their women worked. Thailand is two countries, and I guess with your prejudices, and metropolitan disdain for such a large percentage of Thai females, its you who has a " warped perspective". No disrespect intended.

OB

If he want to be accurate he would use gynophobia (aversion/fear of women) in place of misogyny (hatred of women).

Used by feminists, not in an attempt to impress, but in an attempt to insult and vilify people who don't agree with them.

Nope. Misogyny is the correct word.

OB

• Like 1

Thailand is not just a handful of hiso people and then a whole load of farmers.

The Sage has spoken......OK Dr Spock, explain the in between bits,am sure you are sat there waiting to thrill us all with your next pearl.

• Like 1

Thailand is not just a handful of hiso people and then a whole load of farmers.

The Sage has spoken......OK Dr Spock, explain the in between bits,am sure you are sat there waiting to thrill us all with your next pearl.

You really need somebody to explain this to you?

And of course these educated Thai females are a majority in Thailand. Your perspective is not warped by this.facepalm.gif

The majority are also not bargirls, but I'm sure it is in your little world.

Don't bruise yourself jumping to conclusions. My little world does not include bars.

As a Western woman who has lived here for a few years, I have found that some Western men like to befriend us as someone with whom they can talk.

A few others like the 'kudos' it brings to get romantically involved with a Western woman rather than the easily available local women.

Fortunately for the vast majority of Western women here, we are financially independent so don't really care what some other male expats (as described in the OP) here think about us...

Having said that, its always funny to read the misogynistic posts prevalent on this forum who are so happy that they are able to obtain younger women - even though Western women would think they are far too old to consider as romantic partners.

who are so happy that they are able to obtain younger women - even though Western women would think they are far too old to consider as romantic partners.

Not a question of 'too old', but 'not rich or famous enough'.

Sean Connery and Bernie Ecclestone doen't have a problem,

• Like 2

who are so happy that they are able to obtain younger women - even though Western women would think they are far too old to consider as romantic partners.

Millionaires and celebs can always attract some money-hungry women.

It reminds me of a line from some chat show when talking to the young wife of Paul Daniels - "What attracted you to millionaire Paul Daniels?" laugh.png

Still the same thing - too old to get younger women without money being involved.

The only difference is in the spending power - and the kind of women it buys them access to.

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't know anything about family law.

Is it fair to blame all western women for it, though?

Be thankful you don't.

I blame the system itself - the one size fits all philosophy. If you were to poll every male in Australia on whether family law is fair and equitable, I'd say 95% would return a no vote.

You ask if the opinions on Thai Visa would give a Western female an unfavourable impression. Yes, so what? Who cares?

Now ask any Thai Visa member who has been through family law Western style, and subsequently formed a relationship with a Thai woman, whether they would ever consider a relationship with a Western woman again.

The irony is Western females generalize Thai females as gold-diggers. If they are, it's a result of falang stupidity - not by fiat.

• Like 2

After years, not two hours, of being on this forum, and others. I still find it oh so amusing that you farang men still put us Western women down. We are bitches, we are fat.

Your little Thai wife is so perfect. Then a few years or months later - the same men are asking for divorce advice.

She threw a punch at me, i am broke, i want to kidnap the six kids we had in seven years, she is cheating with her brother etc. etc. Where is that oh so pukka "I know best, my Thai wife is perfect" attitude then.

This, is all after putting Western women down. So, you sort of turn the argument around now to how the Thai lady screwed you over - it could never be your fault that you have failed in both Western and Thai relationships, could it?

It's always the woman's fault.

Perhaps, not to get you too angry. It might just be your fault....!!

Keep it up, i love reading the stories. As for Western women married to Thai men - there are quite a few on this forum. But they don't hang their dirty laundry out, if they have any, as much as the men do.

It is pretty laughable, isn't it?

One of the things that amuses me most is the comparisons some guys make between Thai women and western women. Confirmation bias writ large. Apparently all western women are old, fat and ugly, whilst all Thai women are young, slim and beautiful. You only have to walk round sober during daylight hours to see how misguided that one is. The weird part is how often western women are described as old and Thai women as young. How does that one work exactly?

The OP title is a bit strange. What's the problem with? No problem. What's the problem western women have here would make sense. Harsh competition would be my answer to that question. Kitty cats fight.

Yeah. They're really jealous that the Thai ladies are stealing all the fat old guys away from them. How they long for a Chang-vested charmer sweating away on their arm!

After years, not two hours, of being on this forum, and others. I still find it oh so amusing that you farang men still put us Western women down. We are bitches, we are fat.

Your little Thai wife is so perfect. Then a few years or months later - the same men are asking for divorce advice.

She threw a punch at me, i am broke, i want to kidnap the six kids we had in seven years, she is cheating with her brother etc. etc. Where is that oh so pukka "I know best, my Thai wife is perfect" attitude then.

This, is all after putting Western women down. So, you sort of turn the argument around now to how the Thai lady screwed you over - it could never be your fault that you have failed in both Western and Thai relationships, could it?

Keep it up, i love reading the stories. As for Western women married to Thai men - there are quite a few on this forum. But they don't hang their dirty laundry out, if they have any, as much as the men do.

One of the things that amuses me most is the comparisons some guys make between Thai women and western women. Confirmation bias writ large. Apparently all western women are old, fat and ugly, whilst all Thai women are young, slim and beautiful. You only have to walk round sober during daylight hours to see how misguided that one is. The weird part is how often western women are described as old and Thai women as young. How does that one work exactly?

Works by adding one word

'attainable' western women

'attainable' Thai women

• Like 1

The OP title is a bit strange. What's the problem with? No problem. What's the problem western women have here would make sense. Harsh competition would be my answer to that question. Kitty cats fight.

Yeah. They're really jealous that the Thai ladies are stealing all the fat old guys away from them. How they long for a Chang-vested charmer sweating away on their arm!

While chang vested old fat guys definitely have that special handsum masculine allure to them, I meant more of the packaged expats and Hi-So local magnates that have thousands of mia noi wannabes around them.

What's the problem with western women in Thailand?

One of the problems I have with western woman in Thailand is their inability to start a discussion thread about western woman, or any other subject, without turning it into a western man bashing thread.

Arguably, there are some men with various social and other problems, who tend to gravitate to Thailand and the lifestyle available to them because here they can find a place where they fit. Many of them failed at life in western countries and resent that old life following them here.

However, there are also many thousands of quite normal, or even exceptional, men who come here for a variety of other reasons including work, family, taxes, or retirement.

​But this thread purports to be about western women, not men!

The author, who's seems to be a fairly intelligent and well educated person, started her article on subject, but soon turned it into the usual diatribe about men's attitudes towards western women. The bulk of it became about misogynistic men who can't cope with strong, empowered women, or those who require a meek subversiant woman to cater to their every whim.

A couple of times she used disclaimers such as "This isnt a feminist diatribe, but more of a collection of observations" just to cover herself before continuing the usual boring war against the other gender.

It's all been said before by scores of other western women on these forums and, just once, I would like to see a discussion that is actually about life in Thailand for a western woman without the associated male bashing.

Way to flip that coin on its head.

I agree, it's better Western women remain silent, until they exhibit the same control over themselves men do to avoid any sort of gender bashing.

• Like 1

And what if i was the most beautiful, sexy, gorgeous Western woman you have ever had the priviledge to meet? Anywhere, whether in the States, UK, France, Australia?

Intelligent, perfect manners, speaks numerous languages.

Just perfect. Got my own business, not after your money? What would you do then?

I know what i would do - i would ignore your fat, sweaty, balding, probably smelly person. And find someone who appreciates me for who i am.

Which is a down to earth, fun loving person.

Even if i am none of the above.

Apart from the last sentence and i do speak three languages.

• Like 1

Works by adding one word

'attainable' western women

'attainable' Thai women

Attainable or affordable?

• Like 1