Activities in Pattaya besides drinking and girls?

rmicheald

There are plenty of opportunities to contribute to the local society in some way, Michael. The first place to check would be at your nearest temple. They always have need of help. You could also check with a couple of organizations that do a lot of charity work: The American VFW, with the local post located on Soi 46, off of Sukhumvit; The Pattaya Sports Club, located on Third Road between Klang and Nua, does a lot of charity work; The Father Ray Foundation http://www.fr-ray.org/; The Jesters' Care For Kids Charity http://www.care4kids.info/ does a lot for Thai children. Finally, there are dozens of orphanages scattered around Pattaya, the largest of which is the Pattaya Orphanage http://www.care4kids.info/ . All of these charities are constantly looking for help of any kind.

Isn't a work permit required for charity work?

yes, even non paid voluntary work requires a work permit.

There are plenty of opportunities to contribute to the local society in some way, Michael. The first place to check would be at your nearest temple. They always have need of help. You could also check with a couple of organizations that do a lot of charity work: The American VFW, with the local post located on Soi 46, off of Sukhumvit; The Pattaya Sports Club, located on Third Road between Klang and Nua, does a lot of charity work; The Father Ray Foundation http://www.fr-ray.org/; The Jesters' Care For Kids Charity http://www.care4kids.info/ does a lot for Thai children. Finally, there are dozens of orphanages scattered around Pattaya, the largest of which is the Pattaya Orphanage http://www.care4kids.info/ . All of these charities are constantly looking for help of any kind.

Isn't a work permit required for charity work?

The "Old Work Permit Chestnut" rears its head again........

What are they going to do.....lock him up......for showing that westerners "care" ....and are prepared to give their time to help others......

Dare they risk the negative publicity among ordinary good Thais, who will think his actions are great

Remember the guy at Rayong who swept the road.....Respectable Thais loved him

You're right, what's important is that it shows you care. and the most important thing should be the good that you are doing. i don't think anybody could possible disagree.

However, we are in Thailand and the law is the law. Often it is ignored, sometimes it is enforced. The reality is that by Thai law you do need a work permit even to do non paid, voluntary work,, right or wrong its the truth.

The last thing he wants is to have the BIB feeling his collar when he's going through a tough time.

I agree 12Drink......I had a bad break up when I was an undergrad and went out and bought a Yamaha FZ 750 The first day it came out......turned out to be the best summer of my life.

I bought a brand new Ducati 900 SS.

The ex wanted to get back together.

The Ducati wouldn't let her in the door. Way too much fun. thumbsup.gif

Sorry to hear of your sad situation. No one can really tell you anything you dont already know,,, time will heal blah blah,,,

You don't mention friends, unless you were in 1 of those relationships where your missies and her family were your friends.

Best thing to do is get on with life as much as you can. Meet as many people as you can, invite people over for lunch or dinner, cook stuff, join a club, basically you need to frankly get off your arse and avoid falling into the "falling sorry for yourself" attitude.

Good luck to you whatever you do.

join the bridge club...

I used to play... Can you give me some information about it? I live in Jomtien.

Check with your local police station. They know where all the regular illegal bridge clubs and games are held.

Lots of great suggestions there .

And none there

Drinking and whoring would leave on that same old not so merry go round, imo. Make list of activities that are healthy for mind, body, soul and do them. Include long walks on beach. Bikes are nice, but require too much alertness to avoid getting killed. If you want to get a new relationship, wait. Rebound relationships are fraught with peril. Avoid Pattaya girls like the plague. There may be a few good ones, but chances are not so great for finding one, especially if you are a bar fly.

To the OP,

Get on a dating site like Thai Friendly. Economical, as you can join and participate free or charge.

Many on here will advise of gold diggers, but they are way outnumbered by genuine Thai girls (or other) looking for genuine relationships.

Like life, you will just have to sort through till you find your diamond.

I met my lady on there, so its possible.

I chatted and met many beautiful ladies on there. Good way to pass the time and keeps you occupied.

Good luck!

join the bridge club...

I used to play... Can you give me some information about it? I live in Jomtien.

for what its worth as a friend of mine told me ...........you just got to do your time, it will pass but it takes time and you will get over her. good luck get busy with other girls on the internet that would be cheap, fun and entertaining.

First of all let me say how sorry i am that you and your wife have parted.There is no pain as bad as heartache.You cant get a pill for it like a headache or indigestion.And there are no remedy's in the short term. You will have this feeling for at least two years,if you were truly in love with her.You will see her in every girl that you pass on the street or talk to in a bar. If you are still in the residence that you both shared, you will wake up at night (because your mind is working overtime) and she wont be there,this is the worst time for you.Your routine will change to having to live without her,and having to start a relatively,different life style.If you have a group of married friends,you may even find that their attitudes to you may change.They say that you can count the amount of true friends on one hand,and these are the friends that you can call at 3 am in the morning and they wont tell you to call back at a more reasonable time.

I can understand that you want to get into working for charities and foundations to keep your mind off her,but this will soon become boring and simply a way to pass the day light hours which are your worst enemies because they become long and tedious.

Sure,there are places you can visit to find succour and there are plenty of girls that will accommodate you,but afterwards,when you have paid,it will seem shallow and degrading.

It is even worse if she has cheated on you because,for a long time you will never understand 'why'

Then there are the visions that will creep into your mind at times like unwanted demons.

The worst thing you can do is throw yourself into another relationship,trying to recreate what you had before.This will be no good for you or the girl involved.And of course,their is the 'boys night out' where you will be thinking of her and your pals will,quite annoyingly,keep on at you,with the 'Are you ok mate,stop thinking about it,cheer up,youll soon get over it' this is most irksome because for a while,you wont want to 'cheer up' and you wont want to stop thinking about her.That will happen in its own time.

And if you do meet another woman,try hard not to punish her for the failure of your marriage.

is Pattaya the answer? i dont know,its different strokes for different blokes.

I can understand the way you are feeling,because i lost a wife,back in my own country,she died,and i had to live through the fire knowing there was no chance of us ever getting back together.

Even though you may really want to,try not to contact your wife all the time this is the curse of the mobile phone,knowing that you could hear her voice by just tapping out a few number's,of course,if i could have heard her voice by using the same method,it would have frightened the shit out of me,but i'm being flippant.If it is truly over,dont go apologising for your short comings to her,dont try to beg her to come back,there is a certain kind of wickedness in Thai girls that love you to beg.It cant have been all your fault,and be strong.

i wish you luck and happiness in what ever the outcome of this is.One day you will feel better,and i hope that is soon..But for now.

it never goes away.sad.png

I can understand the way you are feeling,because i lost a wife,back in my own country,she died,and i had to live through the fire knowing there was no chance of us ever getting back together.

Even though you may really want to,try not to contact your wife all the time this is the curse of the mobile phone,knowing that you could hear her voice by just tapping out a few number's,of course,if i could have heard her voice by using the same method,it would have frightened the shit out of me,but i'm being flippant.If it is truly over,dont go apologising for your short comings to her,dont try to beg her to come back,there is a certain kind of wickedness in Thai girls that love you to beg.It cant have been all your fault,and be strong.

i wish you luck and happiness in what ever the outcome of this is.One day you will feel better,and i hope that is soon..But for now.

it never goes away.sad.png

After my last break up I blocked the telephone number, blocked/deleted her from WhatsAp, LINE and Facebook.

Particularly with Facebook you can screw your brain by, essentially, stalking her.

I also removed all the bits and pieces she had left behind by putting them into a couple of boxes and dumping them on her doorstep in the middle of the night. No reminders lying around. I did get a bit drunk doing that.

Came back with a huge sense of relief, spent a day thoroughly cleaning the place, and went away for a month.

If you need to stay in Patters then I suggest you rent a room on the opposite side of town for a month and live there. Lots of places will give a monthly rate of 6 to 8k.

I don't recommend looking for a new partner straight away.

When my relationship with a girl I cared about ended I too was depressed and my mind kept doing the what if's .... For me it was those cheap massages, sitting at the beach relaxing, reading a book, motorbike rides on the dark side, and chatting with other ladies online that got me past the lows. Get back on the horse as quickly as possible, she is not worth the time or effort of being depressed ! Just remember it's not the end it's the beginning of a new exciting life, have fun and enjoy. Block her and delete all evidence that she was even part of your life and move on. Good luck !

To the OP,

Get on a dating site like Thai Friendly. Economical, as you can join and participate free or charge.

Many on here will advise of gold diggers, but they are way outnumbered by genuine Thai girls (or other) looking for genuine relationships.

Like life, you will just have to sort through till you find your diamond.

I met my lady on there, so its possible.

I chatted and met many beautiful ladies on there. Good way to pass the time and keeps you occupied.

Good luck!

This is good advise ! There are many ladies online and I would guess many as good or better looking than your X. Join a gym and a good dating site and start to build your confidence. The girls will be flirting with you and soon you will be back in action perhaps better than ever. Good luck !

And trust me, you will get over it !

join the bridge club...

I thought bridge was illegal now, remember the OTT po-lease raid?

Apart from dodgy bridge? Apart from drinking and girls? There drinking and boys, drinking and ladyboys, drinking and other categories, and just drinking. Joking.

I think the first reply covers it, plus some other gem replies herein. Best of luck.

Do all the things you wanted to do but was restricted due to your relationship, do now before you start Agnew, GI visit nearby countries, maybe a bike trip around Thailand, don't stay in pattaya mopping, on your trip you might just bump into your soulmate.