Air Conditioning question

norbra

I am wanting to install a/c in my 260 sq ft living room,the ground floor room has a window wall facing north which does not any get direct sun and is in the shadow of the upper floor level balcony. The walls are communal with adjoining townhouses.With inverter units available could I be happy with a 12000btu system?

Or would a standard 12000 btu unit be OK?

Thanks for any advice

Standard Thai wisdom says 6-700 BTU per m2

Which gives you 14,400 - 16,800 BTU.

Room is shaded so the lower end would likely be acceptable, but I think 12,000 would really be too small (depends how cold you want it).

Inverters score on power consumption when they run at less than full cooling capacity, if run flat out they use just as much as a conventional (cheaper) unit.

Standard Thai wisdom says 6-700 BTU per m2

Which gives you 14,400 - 16,800 BTU.

Room is shaded so the lower end would likely be acceptable, but I think 12,000 would really be too small (depends how cold you want it).

Inverters score on power consumption when they run at less than full cooling capacity, if run flat out they use just as much as a conventional (cheaper) unit.

Crossy,Thanks for your info,I have read many posters saying that 12000btu is OK "for them" But rather than suffer from lack of cooling from a 12000 or heat from disgruntled TGF an upgrade to 15000/18000 will now be my aim.

Thanks again

Please let me steal your thread!

Knowing nothing at all about AC, would it be a wise idea to have multiple small ACs scattered throughout the room(s) as opposed to one big one? My biggest issue is I am always seeking *consistent* temperature and humidity throughout the rooms. Presently when I walk from one room to another its always different (and even parts of a room are different). Plus its annoying to see my temperature clock say '24' when I set the AC to 28.