4 traffic policemen suspended in connection with missing traffic tickets

webfact

4 traffic policemen suspended in connection with missing traffic tickets

BANGKOK: -- Four traffic policemen were suspended from active duty as of today (Wednesday) pending an investigation into a corruption charge in connection with the mysterious disappearance of about 30 books of traffic tickets worth several hundreds of thousand baht.

The four suspended officers are identified as Pol Lt-Col Patthanont Kiatpaiboon, a patrol inspector attached to traffic police division; Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Nitit Pakakaeo, patrol squad leader; Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Suwan Thongchompoo and Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Sapat Khamprom, both patrol squad leaders.

A fact-finding committee headed by Pol Col Chinaworn Boranin has been formed to probe into the suspected corruption with the initial finding showing that the four policemen did not submit traffic fines back to the division in accordance with regulations.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/160286

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-20

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

We as expats continually try to comply with all rules and regulations that Thailand throws at us.

But somehow they continue on ripping, stripping the backbone that makes this engine run.

I feel. I am aware as every new expat who decides and researchs where to retire. Panama is becoming more prevalent. Expat banking. Panamanian ID for 2,000 dollars. Pensionado which the government gives 10 to 30 percent off everything. Medical. Food. Utilities. No hassle.

However, my wife. My daughter. My wife's sons. My wife's mother. My wife's house. My wife's land.

I think, the powers to be, see this as an opportunity.

The thesis. How to recapture free?

You, me, we try to remain here. But the new narrative. How to kick them out?

Water. Yes Water is the new narrative.

Here in Patong......I am happy.

TOT says 30 % increase........

Yeah. OK. Where?

Disinformation. Is the new social media.

I will stand.

I will continue to love my wife.

We will or try not to get exported.

My suggestion. .... Make farangs legal.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

We as expats continually try to comply with all rules and regulations that Thailand throws at us.

But somehow they continue on ripping, stripping the backbone that makes this engine run.

I feel. I am aware as every new expat who decides and researchs where to retire. Panama is becoming more prevalent. Expat banking. Panamanian ID for 2,000 dollars. Pensionado which the government gives 10 to 30 percent off everything. Medical. Food. Utilities. No hassle.

However, my wife. My daughter. My wife's sons. My wife's mother. My wife's house. My wife's land.

I think, the powers to be, see this as an opportunity.

The thesis. How to recapture free?

You, me, we try to remain here. But the new narrative. How to kick them out?

Water. Yes Water is the new narrative.

Here in Patong......I am happy.

TOT says 30 % increase........

Yeah. OK. Where?

Disinformation. Is the new social media.

I will stand.

I will continue to love my wife.

We will or try not to get exported.

My suggestion. .... Make farangs legal.

erm...

Could I please have a couple of ounces of whatever it is you've been smoking.

I'll send my address...

I can pay...

Most officials people in this country wouldn't know how to do an honest day's work even if it came

and bit them on the ass, it seems that dishonesty and greed is well entrenched in the psyche of

the locals, why? coz they all do it, and who doesn't do it is probably taken for an idiot....

so the merry go-around of dishonesty and greed continue to turn and turn....

Edited by ezzra

It is far more convenient to put a few notes in the ticket book and go on your way than reporting to the station, paying more and returning with a receipt. Not that I've ever done this. Now my wife is another story but that's between two Thais and none of my concern.

You're right it is more convenient, but if you continue to do it then you are contributing to the corruption.

Better to do it the right way and not get involved in paying cash to the Officer on the roadside. Better still have your ducks in a rows and try and make sure you comply so there's nothing to fine you for.

It is far more convenient to put a few notes in the ticket book and go on your way than reporting to the station, paying more and returning with a receipt. Not that I've ever done this. Now my wife is another story but that's between two Thais and none of my concern.

You're right it is more convenient, but if you continue to do it then you are contributing to the corruption.

Better to do it the right way and not get involved in paying cash to the Officer on the roadside. Better still have your ducks in a rows and try and make sure you comply so there's nothing to fine you for.

Fired? nonono

Transferred to an inactive post on full pay for a month then back on the job. Or suspended for a month on full pay then back on the job.

It's the Thai way.

Nobody in Thailand gets fired, That would be changing something instead of perpetuating something, and that just won't do.

Besides, every Thai copper is a rich source of unofficial income for those sitting above. Same as soldiers. So best not get rid of them, sideline them 'til all the fuss dies down. Time-honoured tradition.

Edited by Winniedapu

"four policemen did not submit traffic fines back to the division in accordance with regulations"

Really? I find this hard to believe. No Thai would do such a thing

I should restrain myself, because I see three gobshites other people "liked" your post, but I just have to ask. Do you really think this is witty? Really? Are you aware of all internet traditions, too?

Unbelieveable!................................

That this story should ever see the light of day,

Ask these banana shaped cops how much their promoted positions cost them.

Then wonder if this can ever be eradicated without changing everything about the way policing is mismanaged in this country.

This is not even a water molecule on the tip of the iceberg

The four suspended officers are identified as Pol Lt-Col Patthanont Kiatpaiboon, a patrol inspector attached to traffic police division; Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Nitit Pakakaeo, patrol squad leader; Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Suwan Thongchompoo and Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Sapat Khamprom, both patrol squad leaders.

I wonder what LEADERSHIP means in the context of the RTP. What personal qualities marked these policemen out as leaders?

Should we be worried about other leaders, for instance in the armed forces or in civil society?

Of course we should be, seriously worried.

"four policemen did not submit traffic fines back to the division in accordance with regulations"

I should restrain myself, because I see three gobshites other people "liked" your post, but I just have to ask. Do you really think this is witty? Really? Are you aware of all internet traditions, too?

To me it had a meaning which your feeble brain could not comprehend. Just stick to name calling, you will manage.

Fired? nonono

Transferred to an inactive post on full pay for a month then back on the job. Or suspended for a month on full pay then back on the job.

It's the Thai way.

Nobody in Thailand gets fired, That would be changing something instead of perpetuating something, and that just won't do.

Besides, every Thai copper is a rich source of unofficial income for those sitting above. Same as soldiers. So best not get rid of them, sideline them 'til all the fuss dies down. Time-honoured tradition.

you mean "no thais get fired", plenty of farang teachers get booted, deserved or not.

Fired? nonono

It's the Thai way.

you mean "no thais get fired", plenty of farang teachers get booted, deserved or not.

A Thai senior major general cop and a farang teacher couldn't be further apart

It's like comparing beggars and royalty in Thai society...

Fired? nonono

It's the Thai way.

A Thai senior major general cop and a farang teacher couldn't be further apart

It's like comparing beggars and royalty in Thai society...

check.

Did you ever pay a fine officially? Suppose you drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and you get a fine somewhere around Phitchit, the police will keep your drivers license and you will need to go to their police station to pay the fine. Since you don't know when the police guy will drop your license at their station, you better wait until next morning. So what will you do?

Witty? Absolutely! I still have a smile on my face.

Your irrelevant and ungrammatical retort indicates that you may have difficulty understanding why.

Perhaps you should restrain yourself from flaming when you don't understand the humour, aren't you aware of the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

smile.png

Edited by AlphaSoiDog