Watana may face charge in military court if he refuses to shut up

webfact

Watana may face charge in military court if he refuses to shut up

492_Wattana-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order may charge former Pheu Thai MP Watana Muangsook in the military court in the next couple of days if he refuses to comply with the military regime’s demand to stop his political comments.

A source close to the NCPO said that military officers at Surasee camp in Kanchanaburi where he has been held in custody met Mr Watana Tuesday and today (Wednesday) to convince to stop his political activities and stop making political comments in a way which “implicates the third party in an improper manner.”

However, the source said that Mr Watana still insists on his right to free expressions which he claimed to be sincere and well-meaning.

The source said that the officers would try again for a couple of times to convince the defiant ex-Pheu Thai MP to change his stance after which the NCPO may take him to the military court.

Mr Watana is facing a charge of defying NCPO’s order 39/2557 regarding terms of condition for the release of people ordered to report themselves to the NCPO.

The source maintained that the charge against Mr Wattana has nothing to do with his latest criticism against the draft constitution.

The source said that Mr Watana was not locked up in a detention cell but kept at a place equipped with all the conveniences. Visits by his relatives are permissible, said the source, adding that Mr Watana has however turned down a visit request by the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/160315

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-21

Implicating "the third party in an improper manner". Is that a reference to the bogey man in Dubai?

Implicating "the bogey man" in an improper manner would have the powers that be cheering and doing a dance. Watana is a core member of pt. You either don't understand the country of Thailand or you didn't read the post correctly, when you obviously don't know who the "third party "is referring to.

He has done enough. He doesn't have any chance in a military court. It is not worth 2 or 3 years in jail. His only option is silence.

I think you are right most don't want to see him jailed as an "example" and that's the way it's heading. He's a man of principal and now a prisoner of conscience but better to comply with the Junta for now.

Implicating "the third party in an improper manner". Is that a reference to the bogey man in Dubai?

Implicating "the bogey man" in an improper manner would have the powers that be cheering and doing a dance. Watana is a core member of pt. You either don't understand the country of Thailand or you didn't read the post correctly, when you obviously don't know who the "third party "is referring to.

I do. No, I don't, which is why I asked.

Then, no, the third party is not refering to taksin.

Ask someone else for the details.

Then, no, the third party is not refering to taksin.

Ask someone else for the details.

I did.

"A source close to the NCPO said that military officers at Surasee camp in Kanchanaburi where he has been held in custody met Mr Watana Tuesday and today (Wednesday) to convince to stop his political activities and stop making political comments in a way which “implicates the third party in an improper manner.”"

"The source said that the officers would try again for a couple of times to convince the defiant ex-Pheu Thai MP to change his stance after which the NCPO may take him to the military court."

"The source maintained that the charge against Mr Wattana has nothing to do with his latest criticism against the draft constitution."

The source is a very intelligent person.

It would appear Mr. Wattana is not thinking correctly.

The Ministry of Love should be commended for their determination to help him and their extraordinary patience.

In the end all will be well.

Edited by Hayduke

The counter coup is starting slowly, but is at least starting.

And if he is tried in a Military Court, as soon as a civilian Govt is back in charge, the Supreme Court will overturn anything the Military have done (assuming they haven't already stacked the deck) as it's illegal and an infringement of their personal rights to try someone in Military court when they are a civilian.

Let's hope the UN observers continue to attend any planned protests, that should at least prevent another massacre.

And if he is tried in a Military Court, as soon as a civilian Govt is back in charge, the Supreme Court will overturn anything the Military have done (assuming they haven't already stacked the deck) as it's illegal and an infringement of their personal rights to try someone in Military court when they are a civilian.

Let's hope the UN observers continue to attend any planned protests, that should at least prevent another massacre.

That's one hell of an assumption!

They are busy stacking every deck they can think of before they are forced to stand to one side.

Question of who blink first. Doubt the NCPO will have the guts to trial him in the military court. So much negativities from domestic and international fronts. Imagine the news of the junta jailing him for his open expression. That will bring a barrage of criticism from the international community and will give the local oppositions an excuse to protest. Better the NCPO release him after a nice little photo ops and propaganda news release that Wattana has been cooperative and earn the NCPO some brownie points. Of course, Wattana will resume his open expression which is his and the Thais universal rights.

He has done enough. He doesn't have any chance in a military court. It is not worth 2 or 3 years in jail. His only option is silence.

I think you are right most don't want to see him jailed as an "example" and that's the way it's heading. He's a man of principal and now a prisoner of conscience but better to comply with the Junta for now.

He is being groomed for future high office.......by the junta!

Any source we could refer you to is banned/blocked in Thailand, but if you use a vpn you can try searching the words deep&state&thailand

Politicians have been told to suspend their actyivities since the coup, could it be that they are seen as the root cause and are responsible for creating the mess in the first place, I have not forgotten the murders that were taking place daily in Bangkok while the police were ordered by the sitting PTP government to do nothing ........politicians

Politicians have been told to suspend their actyivities since the coup, could it be that they are seen as the root cause and are responsible for creating the mess in the first place, I have not forgotten the murders that were taking place daily in Bangkok while the police were ordered by the sitting PTP government to do nothing ........politicians

"....they are seen as the root cause...."

Seen by who???? You junta supporters assume there is a benevolent force at work here that will make things right. You do know that it's the military and old elite that are currently in power now, right?? The very same guys who have been in power since 1932, only partly, briefly and rudely interrupted by the bogeyman.

In those 80 odd years in power what has taken place that makes you guys think that this time things will change for the better???

He is a troublemaker who wants to be a martyr... give him enough rope... and check his bank accounts... It's because of people just like him that Thailand has a Junta in charge... Every single Thai person rich or poor is entitled to their own views...No need to go out and shout about those personal thoughts ... keep quiet young man or become a pop singer....

He is a troublemaker who wants to be a martyr... give him enough rope... and check his bank accounts... It's because of people just like him that Thailand has a Junta in charge... Every single Thai person rich or poor is entitled to their own views...No need to go out and shout about those personal thoughts ... keep quiet young man or become a pop singer....

He is doing exactly what you have done mate; expressing your personal thoughts. Are you a young man or a pop singer?

Wasn't aware politicians murdered those people, your military however has excelled at killing the people they are paid to protect. Most recently in 2010.

It is time Thailand returns to a true democracy, and a thorough reform of the military, so that instead of trying to run Thailand (which they have made a mess of each and every time they tried, including this time) the do what they are paid to do.

The politicians you speak of had elections planned, elections that would give the Thai people a choice in who they deem fit to run the country.

Now the reason for the coup was precisely these elections, as the people behind the coup know that the results would not be to their liking, so they decided to step in and make an absolute mess of Thailand. Hate to say this, but Myanmar is quickly overtaking Thailand when democracy and human rights is concerned.

No matter what, this administration is a few levels worse than Yingluck's and the things they said they would tackle continue unhindered.

Oh, what about reconciliation ?

That's one hell of an assumption!

They are busy stacking every deck they can think of before they are forced to stand to one side.

"trying" to stack the deck would be more appropriate, regardless however, as previous "coups" have shown, anything the previous "Govt" did can be thrown out, new laws written or changed, and a new constitution written, so whoever is next in charge can throw away anything done by the current "Govt".

It all depends on "how" a new Govt comes to power, and I'm doubting now it will be through "elections".

Question of who blink first. Doubt the NCPO will have the guts to trial him in the military court. So much negativities from domestic and international fronts. Imagine the news of the junta jailing him for his open expression. That will bring a barrage of criticism from the international community and will give the local oppositions an excuse to protest. Better the NCPO release him after a nice little photo ops and propaganda news release that Wattana has been cooperative and earn the NCPO some brownie points. Of course, Wattana will resume his open expression which is his and the Thais universal rights.

Yes we all have universal rights the problem is trying to get someone to enforce them. The UN is a joke.

Can you elaborate on what distinguishes this politician as a "man of principal" with some specific references?

I'll except he's a PTP stooge, making a point against the Junta who forcibly removed his party from running things "their way".

But please show me, where he's demonstrated he his a man of principal in any other situation or spoken out against clear wrong doings.

Did he stand up for free speech when a cartoonist was threatened and hounded by the DSI for ridiculing Yingluck? Or when the police chief Khun Pissit announced that just clicking "like" on any comment that criticized PTP could get you prosecuted under the Computer Crimes Act?

I think, that whilst what he's saying is right, his motives are highly questionable.