Not such a happy new year

luke000

Right, just run that through me again .

You were supposed to come and stay with me for Songran ,

Instead, you burrowed 20 000 Baht and went with your family to Pucket (or planned too) and you also took my Son without my permission

And you want me to pay for that !!!!!!!!

I wasnt invited, but you want me to pay the money for your whole family to go and visit your sister in Pucket, or I cannot see my Boy again

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original post is more about your dislike of your ex than love of your son.

Be this as it may, you're screwed as you don't want to take over sole parenthood.

Your best chance (IMO) is to ignore her for at least 6 months, in the hope that she'll be relieved to finally hear from you and receive some funding. She'll probably then let you visit your son every now and again as you desire.

The original post is more about your dislike of your ex than love of your son.

Be this as it may, you're screwed as you don't want to take over sole parenthood.

Your best chance (IMO) is to ignore her for at least 6 months, in the hope that she'll be relieved to finally hear from you and receive some funding. She'll probably then let you visit your son every now and again as you desire.

Its quite expected to dislike a person who act in a way that she does .

Mothers should put their children first and not use them as a means of extortion .

I would and am able to take over sole parenthood, should the opportunity arise , although it would be difficult on my own , but arrangements can be made to provide a stable family home .

I am just biding my time, if she wants to come back , she will have to go to work and she will need a babysitter , and im available , 300 Baht a night seems to be the going rate .

Im quite content being single , and if I ever get into another relationship, she will have to be self supportive, having relationships with parasites isnt a good idea

• 2 weeks later...

An update .

She still has in boy in the village .

Ive phoned her and asked whether I can visit and I was told that I either pay 20 000 Baht or I can never see my boy again .

IMO hes being held hostage and I have to pay a ransom .

IHO , I was a very bad papa :

For example : I went to the shops and bout a colouring book and some crayons for by boy , as he doesnt know, he began to rip the book up and throw the crayons out the window . I said quite sternly "No, you cannot do that" , he understood and stopped doing it .

His mother was furious . "Stop telling him what to do" "Let him do what he wants"

And she said to my boy, "Tell Papa to <deleted> off" which he did .

She would also come home at night and put my boy straight into bed, go to sleep with him, get up the next day and go straight back out again . Still wearing the same clothes as the day before .

I absolutely insisted that she must clean his teeth every night and wash his face hands and feet , at least , preferably giving him a bath and putting his pajamas on .

Every night I had to tell her this . And she wouldnt do it unless I told her to do it

And when she did change his or her clothes , she would just leave them on the floor , on the bed or chair or where ever . Every day I would have to tell her to put all the dirty clothes in the dirty linen basket . It was exactly the same with rubbish, drinks and food containers , she would just leave them laying around the house .

In the end I would be constantly telling her to put all the rubbish in the rubbish bin, put all the dirty clothes in the dirty linen basket . I would tell her to go and pick all her rubbish up and put it all in the rubbish bin, which she did do, but when the rubbish bin was full, she would just leave the rubbish next to the bin , which attracted flies and cock roaches and even a rat . "When the rubbish bin is full, take it downstairs to the rubbish bins" I kept telling her , she would just take the black plastic bag and leave it outside the front door .

I also explained to her that she can never leave my boy in the bath on his own , because its dangerous and I showed her photos of babys who had drowned in the bath and I also told her that its very dangerous to use a mobile phone whilst its plugged in and charging and I showed her photos of people who died from mobile phones exploding when they used them whilst charging .

I asked her whether she understood that she can not leave my boy alone in the bath and that she cannot use her phone whilst its charging . She said that she understood .

Two hours later she put her phone on charge and gave my boy a bath .

Her phone rang and she walking straight out the bathroom, leaving my boy on his own and answered the phone whilst it was still on charge . I had to headbutt the wall

If you can not adapt to Thai style of living maybe better to give her up . Move back to your country.. Hire a lawyer and try to get custody of your son if you feel there is no future for him in the village. Expect to pay a big sum of money. Or just escape everything. Up to you.

As you're able to take care of your child, and money is demanded for you to visit your son - the answer seems obvious.

Pay the mother 50,000 bht (or whatever) for her to sign whatever papers are necessary to give you custody - with visiting rights for the mother.

If you can not adapt to Thai style of living maybe better to give her up .

This really isnt typical Thai behavior , all the Thais that I have spoken to about the situation are quite shocked by her behavior .

All of her so called friends seem to be supporting and encouraging her , but all of them are either childless or single mothers . There is quite a clear dividing line . All the single mothers with kids living back in the village with their grandmothers are encouraging her , all the family oriented people who live together as man woman and children cannot believe how she is carrying on

An update .

She still has in boy in the village .

Ive phoned her and asked whether I can visit and I was told that I either pay 20 000 Baht or I can never see my boy again .

IMO hes being held hostage and I have to pay a ransom .

IHO , I was a very bad papa :

For example : I went to the shops and bout a colouring book and some crayons for by boy , as he doesnt know, he began to rip the book up and throw the crayons out the window . I said quite sternly "No, you cannot do that" , he understood and stopped doing it .

His mother was furious . "Stop telling him what to do" "Let him do what he wants"

And she said to my boy, "Tell Papa to <deleted> off" which he did .

She would also come home at night and put my boy straight into bed, go to sleep with him, get up the next day and go straight back out again . Still wearing the same clothes as the day before .

I absolutely insisted that she must clean his teeth every night and wash his face hands and feet , at least , preferably giving him a bath and putting his pajamas on .

Every night I had to tell her this . And she wouldnt do it unless I told her to do it

And when she did change his or her clothes , she would just leave them on the floor , on the bed or chair or where ever . Every day I would have to tell her to put all the dirty clothes in the dirty linen basket . It was exactly the same with rubbish, drinks and food containers , she would just leave them laying around the house .

In the end I would be constantly telling her to put all the rubbish in the rubbish bin, put all the dirty clothes in the dirty linen basket . I would tell her to go and pick all her rubbish up and put it all in the rubbish bin, which she did do, but when the rubbish bin was full, she would just leave the rubbish next to the bin , which attracted flies and cock roaches and even a rat . "When the rubbish bin is full, take it downstairs to the rubbish bins" I kept telling her , she would just take the black plastic bag and leave it outside the front door .

I also explained to her that she can never leave my boy in the bath on his own , because its dangerous and I showed her photos of babys who had drowned in the bath and I also told her that its very dangerous to use a mobile phone whilst its plugged in and charging and I showed her photos of people who died from mobile phones exploding when they used them whilst charging .

I asked her whether she understood that she can not leave my boy alone in the bath and that she cannot use her phone whilst its charging . She said that she understood .

Two hours later she put her phone on charge and gave my boy a bath .

Her phone rang and she walking straight out the bathroom, leaving my boy on his own and answered the phone whilst it was still on charge . I had to headbutt the wall

I find it interesting that you're making her out to be such a bad person and mother.

Yet just over 2 months ago in your "Happy & Content in Thailand" post, you said "I have a lovely gf who gave me a wonderful Son".

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/898399-happy-content-in-thailand/

Yet just over 2 months ago in your "Happy & Content in Thailand" post, you said "I have a lovely gf who gave me a wonderful Son".

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/898399-happy-content-in-thailand/

I was happy and content back then .

The issues were there at the time, but then she used to comply with my request to act like a human, rather than an animal . The issues were there, but it was manageable .

I was happy content and loved up when I posted that, now that the love has gone, I can see the reality