Want A Beasutiful White Siamese Kitten?

2 adorable all-white, blue eyed kittens available. Currently about 2 months old. Healthy, very playful, affectionate, vaccinated and litter-box trained. Look like Siamese cats of the “Khao Manee” variety (considered to be good luck!) but are not pure bred (Mom is white and Siamese looking but has brown eyes). These kittens have blue eyes but with a striking shade difference in the two eyes: both of them have cornflower blue right eyes but darker greenish blue left eyes.

Both are female. I will guarantee to pay for their neutering (in Thailand need to wait until 5-6 months of age to do it).

They are fond of each other (litter-mates) so placing them together would be ideal, but single placement is possible.

They and their mom came to me as strays and my own cat HATES them. I'm nursing a mangled hand as a result of interfering wit her jealous attempts to eliminate the competition, so need to find them a home !

See photos of these little darlings in the attached file.

Clarification: my hand was mangled by my cat (shown in avatar) whom hel_l hath no fury like....the kittens are peaceful little angels!

Cat_Pix.doc

Edited by Sheryl

They are not placed yet. I have some fallback options involving local Thais but if possible would like to see a reliable farang get them...my assistance to them started as charity but iof course they have charmed their way into my heart and I have been caring for them farang style (proper food...vaccines...deworming...toys etc!) and you know how it is, most Thais just don't take care of cats in the same way. So let me know if interested.

I will want sdome assurance that whoever takes them really loves cats and will not abandon them later, if for example they move away. Momma cat has trusted me with her precious babies so I want to be sure I do right by them. I'm hopeful of being able to do so given their unusual and striking appearance (and they are SOOOOoo cute to boot!)

Thanks for posting the pix, Guardian!

They are not placed yet. I have some fallback options involving local Thais but if possible would like to see a reliable farang get them...my assistance to them started as charity but iof course they have charmed their way into my heart and I have been caring for them farang style (proper food...vaccines...deworming...toys etc!) and you know how it is, most Thais just don't take care of cats in the same way. So let me know if interested.

I will want sdome assurance that whoever takes them really loves cats and will not abandon them later, if for example they move away. Momma cat has trusted me with her precious babies so I want to be sure I do right by them. I'm hopeful of being able to do so given their unusual and striking appearance (and they are SOOOOoo cute to boot!)

Thanks for posting the pix, Guardian!

Where abouts in Thailand are you ?

I'm in Prachinburi, 2 hours from Bangkok.

Have a prospective home for them with a Thai Visa member but not 100% sure (in my experience, it's never sure until they are actually taken).

Should mention that besides the kittens the Mom is available. A neutered female about 2-3 years old, all white with classic Siamese shaped head, very striking (looks a bit like an Egyptian goddess!) but the eyes are not blue unfortunately, they are brown which makes her only part "Khao Manee". I hadn't mentioned her as I know it is hard to place a full grown cat plus the brown eyes detract from the "SImaese cat" appeal. So I have planned to give her to my adopted nephew in Cambodia (didn't really give him a choice in the matter!) but if any forum readers are interested I would gladly place her elsewhere. Name of Sheba, she is very affectionate, litter box trained, healthy, vaccinated and newly neutered. And despite the brown eyes, quite striking and unusual in appearance. She also has unusually soft meows for some reason (or maybe I have just gotten used to the strident demands of my own bossy cat!) but a nice loud purr.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sheryl, I've had Siamese cats my whole life in the US and I love them. I'm in a huge BKK apt but officially they do not allow pets. However my gf has told me that my neighbor has a cat. I need to find out how they pulled that off! I'd love to have a nice cat here. Can you post a pic of Sheba?

Will get a photo of Sheba but it will take time as I don't own a camera...have to buy one of those disposable things and then develop the photo, get it scanned etc.

How about the kittens? Do they interest you at all? Or do you prefer an older cat (the vet estimates Sheba is about 3 years old)? Let me know

I think it is pretty common to have cats in apartments with no pet policy because how is anyone to know you have them? Likewise fish and caged birds. Unlike dogs which have to be walked.

Will get a photo of Sheba but it will take time as I don't own a camera...have to buy one of those disposable things and then develop the photo, get it scanned etc.

How about the kittens? Do they interest you at all? Or do you prefer an older cat (the vet estimates Sheba is about 3 years old)? Let me know

I think it is pretty common to have cats in apartments with no pet policy because how is anyone to know you have them? Likewise fish and caged birds. Unlike dogs which have to be walked.

Absolutely adorable but my missus wont let me have them on account that we already have 2 :o

Hi Sheryl,

I would love to have them come live with me. I live in a big house in Lat Prao, Bangkok. I'm from the states, and I have lived in Thailand for 12 years now. I'm a young Grandma that loves all animals, and was looking for a cat to have as a companion. I will take them all, as I know they would be happier having friends.

Let me know Sheryl if they are still available to go to my loving home. :o

Thank you Tj.

P.S. I used my Son's ID.

Edited by Judd

I'd be interested in a kitten sure. No need to go out of your way for that pic of Sheba being that u don't have a camera.

I Go With ou, I sent you a PM last week, no answer. Are you still interested in either Sheba ior her kittens (one or both)? Please advise ASAP eitheer way, thanks!

Sheryl

Update: I have found a home for the kitten's non-Siamese sister. The 2 white Simaese kittens still available as is their mom. Would prefer to keep the kittens together. Need to get them placed very soon. Please let me know if interested!!!

Update: I have found a home for the kitten's non-Siamese sister. The 2 white Simaese kittens still available as is their mom. Would prefer to keep the kittens together. Need to get them placed very soon. Please let me know if interested!!!

I would love to take them, I've got lots of land and mice and rats, I love cats, my little boy loves cats too :o

Only thing is we don't have transport and we live on the west side of Bangkok, can you bring them to us possibly?

Nikkijah

Update:

For better or worse, they have all been placed. Sheba (the Mom) is now with my nephew and his wife in Cambodia where everyone is ga-ga over her because there are no “Khao Manee” cats in Cambodia. They love her and by all reports she is happy now, sleeping with them and purring a lot. I’ll be there in 2 weeks time to see firsthand.

The non-Khao Manee member of the litter, “Sweetie” has found a perfect match with a Thai Visa member and they are already devoted pals.

The 2 “Khao Manee” sisters have gone to a Thai neighbor. I was reluctant to let her have them …initially she just wanted one, and I didn’t want to split them up (they are very close, and one is quite timid and relies on the braver one for protection) and also I worried that she wouldn’t care for them properly. Well, she really wanted them and caught on to my concerns, agreed to take both and to feed them cat food if I supplied it (no big problem as I see her everyday and can get 8 kg bags of dried food cheaply) etc etc. Her children kept coming to visit the cats and begging for them, time was getting short as I had to go away. So I let her have them. As luck would have it I got a couple of very promising offers on this Forum after I had already told her OK but by then I didn’t feel I could back out . Perhaps it was meant to be. Although previously given to rural Thai-style cat care, she has seen firsthand how I care for my cat, and the results of such care in terms of health and personality, and she is really trying…. even set up a litter box for them. I have popped over unannounced and found them to be eating well and very playful although not yet bonded to their new humans. Will see how it is after a week or two more.

Breaking up the litter was a wrenching experience. Sweetie cried heart-breakingly the whole way into Bangkok, Sheba cried all the way to the Thai border and the two little Khao Mannee kittens (informally known as Naughty and Scaredy while awaiting names from new owner) didn’t cry as much but acted and still act frightened to be away from Momma. Anyway, Sweetie and Sheba seem already happy and recovered, and while Naughty and Scaredy seem still a bit insecure it isn’t keeping them from eating or playing up a storm, the latter to the delight of their new family.

As for me and my “real” cat, we are repairing the strain in our relationship which my treachery in taking in these intruders caused…

Many thanks to all who offered to take the kittens.