Music world in shock as Prince dies suddenly aged 57

webfact

Hooray, at last we can get back on topic to voice our sadness at the loss of a guy that made a difference to many peoples lives..

RIP....Your musical contribution to our world will live on.....thumbsup.gif

It's a pity there's so many tools that live on, achieve nothing other than bleeding social welfare or just polite the streets with the fat ugliness and then when an achiever passes on, they race to various modes of social media to pollute the world electronically.

When will the douchebags kick off?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People even hail dead rappers and hip hop singers as geniuses for goodness sake, laughable really.

Are you saying Tupac and Biggie were not geniuses? If that is the case we have a very different definition of the word. Why would a dead hip hop artist as great as those two were, not be worthy of that title? Just because you do not like or understand the genre?

I always thought that RuPaul is Prince ( formerly known as, etc). They look the same. But now I hear the music on the tributes on tv, it sounds quite good. I must have missed that decade. Anyway, another youngster falls off the perch too soon.

Two of the silliest ever responses on here are, if you don't like it in Thailand go home, and this one, what have you done to influence the world lately and variations of the same. Get things in perspective, people are not talking about a world leader or somebody like Steve Jobs, but somebody who just wrote and performed songs. Prince did not change the world and was not a 'genius' to claim he was is an insult to the very few who actually are, and almost none of those are popular performers.

You do realise people are talking of him as a "genius" in musical terms don't you? For which he was.

What's making the detractors look stupid is that we've seen him being called talentless, overrated, and mediocre for which he is clearly not.

By all means dislike him, his dress sense and his music, but when people spout nonsense it clearly shows they know nothing about music. I don't particularly like Jazz, but can clearly see the talent that these musicians have.

I make you right; he was talented but what he did with that talent probably pissed off more people than it enthralled and it enthralled a lot of people. Among other things, I think he developed a genre called 'funk' but he could have done anything; to me and I suspect millions of others who recognised his talent, it was a wasted talent but I think he saw himself and an exponent of a certain 'groove' associated with him, his blackness, his short man syndrome, his need for showmanship and of course his exceptional talent.

People even hail dead rappers and hip hop singers as geniuses for goodness sake, laughable really.

Are you saying Tupac and Biggie were not geniuses? If that is the case we have a very different definition of the word. Why would a dead hip hop artist as great as those two were, not be worthy of that title? Just because you do not like or understand the genre?

He is complaining about things he doesn't know or understand so his opinion on these artists is worthless. To anyone just who only knew them in the news, 2Pac and Biggie could just seem like some run of the mill dumb thugs. For anyone who knows even the slightest thing about them personally or professionally would have a very different opinion.

All we are seeing here is Thai3 showing that he is a grumpy loser who likes to complain about things he knows nothing of. That is not an opinion but evidenced by everything he has said in this thread.

A good article, that demonstrates the level of genius this man possessed. A quote from the article, written by a music critic, and then the link:

Later, I came to realise how ground-breaking Prince had been rhythmically. He owned and mastered one of the first Linn M-1 drum machines - that's the sound you hear on 1999, When Doves Cry, Little Red Corvette; the sound that made those records seem like nothing else on radio. Michael B's drum solo on Shhh... (The Gold Experience, 1995) is so good, Prince uses it twice. The trippy, cascading hi-hats on The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker (Sign O' The Times, 1987) still mesmerise me, 30 years on.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36120000

he was talented and he was popular,

but a genius....i don't think so.

hendrix, lennon and mccartney, clapton....this is genius

little red corvette was a pop song

he was a pop star, that is all.

i respect him for waht he was, but not as a genius

rip roger.

Edited by willyumiii

rip roger.

Ironic that both McCartney and Clapton had the highest praises for his talent

Prince was selected by his peers to play a special tribute to George Harrison.

Pink Floyd played a silent tribute to Prince recently.

Imagine that his peers all thought so highly of him calling him a genius where you say he was nothing but a "pop star"

Here we go again....

Thread is about his death not his music or if he was a genius or not, that's official so i;m surprised it's still being mentioned as well as other artists. So on his death it looks like the flu by a weakened immune system caused by AIDS after having HIV for many years, nasty.

Thread is about his death not his music or if he was a genius or not, that's official so i;m surprised it's still being mentioned as well as other artists. So on his death it looks like the flu by a weakened immune system caused by AIDS after having HIV for many years, nasty.

It's all starting to make sense.

Irregardless of how he died, or why he died, he sure brought plenty happiness to many folk around the world.

You would of thought, if he had aids for a long time, that he would have known to take extra arraign things like influenza.

I wonder when the last time he saw his doctor was?

if you only weighed 30kg or whatever he weighed, a strong breeze could knock you down and kill you.

All the internet stuff about the CIA killing him must be false then ? 555555

You are wrong ...again...like you have been so many times on this thread!

This thread is about the music world (his peers, experts...) being in shock (over his sudden death).

It"s not about, if you think he was a genius and it is not about wild speculations about the reasons for his death.

So cut it!

rip roger.

Ironic that both McCartney and Clapton had the highest praises for his talent

Prince was selected by his peers to play a special tribute to George Harrison.

Pink Floyd played a silent tribute to Prince recently.

Imagine that his peers all thought so highly of him calling him a genius where you say he was nothing but a "pop star"

Here we go again....

Being pedantic i know...Pink Floyd didnt play a silent tribute to him recently...Pink Floyd doesnt really exist anymore...your referring to a tribute David Gilmour did during one of his recent concerts during a redition of comfortably numb

Thanks for that Trolly McTrollface.

I'm still not sure if you actually hate Prince for any specific reason and that's why you are trolling people who are discussing his sudden death here, or you are just using Prince as a reason to troll this board because you have nothing better to do (which is very sad if true).

Either way your opinion on this thread is moot as you have admitted many times that don't know or understand anything that Prince did throughout his nearly 40 year career, even though you posted more than anyone else in this thread!

I'm still not sure if you actually hate Prince for any specific reason and that's why you are trolling people who are discussing his sudden death here, or you are just using Prince as a reason to troll this board because you have nothing better to do (which is very sad if true).

Either way your opinion on this thread is moot as you have admitted many times that don't know or understand anything that Prince did throughout his nearly 40 year career, even though you posted more than anyone else in this thread!

Just because people do not like his music and do not think he was a genius does not mean they hate him, it's called having an opinion, if you don't agree that's fine. I did not say I did not understand what Prince did.

Edited by thai3

Just because people do not like his music and do not think he was a genius does not mean they hate him, it's called having an opinion, if you don't agree that's fine. I did not say I did not understand what Prince did.

You waited until his death thread to troll your opinion again and again. Unless you have done some solid research on the guy you are not entitled to state opinions as if they are facts, especially when you don't know what you are talking about. You've done zero research on Prince but you are here preaching like you know what you are talking about.

Edited by KunMatt

I have done some research, others opinions you do not agree with are not 'trolls' it's called freedom of speech. Nobody hated the bloke, many just did not like his music and the way the west idolizes it's performers to an unhealthy degree.

I have done some research, others opinions you do not agree with are not 'trolls' it's called freedom of speech. Nobody hated the bloke, many just did not like his music and the way the west idolizes it's performers to an unhealthy degree.

Yep, I stopped idolising pop stars when I was 16. I then moved on to idolising some of the girls who were a couple of years ahead of me in school. Got better results.?