One tonne of dead fish found in Phuket park

webfact

One tonne of dead fish found in Phuket park
Phuket Gazette

ff.jpeg
Officers suspect that the high temperatures caused hypoxia in the pond, killing the shrimp. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A large number of fish and shrimp have died in a pond in Suan Luang Park in Phuket Town from either a rise in temperature or polluted water, confirmed officials.

“The local community around the park has complained about the dead fish,” said Phuket City Deputy Mayor Thavorn Jirapattanasophon. “About one tonne of dead fish have been found since Wednesday, including Java barb, Catfish, Snake-head, Nile tilapia, shrimp and numerous others.”

Mayor Thavorn headed the clean-up project, directing officials to collect water samples from the pond, so the water quality could be tested.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/One-tonne-dead-fish-found-Phuket-park/63740?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-04-22

Why is the head person always dictating a response/plan?

Where are the gov dept heads responsible for Wildlife fish and game env health etc...

Lack of accountability and management dictatorship keeps this country from progressing to a first world country...

Where are the gov dept heads responsible for Wildlife fish and game env health etc...

Lack of accountability and management dictatorship keeps this country from progressing to a first world country...

I have no idea where you come from but I am sure the place has many "head people" who can never resist bossing/bullying others or grabbing headlines !

I have no idea where you come from but I am sure the place has many "head people" who can never resist bossing/bullying others or grabbing headlines !

Do you remember The Dead Heads, who followed the Grateful Dead Group ? Thai Dye Shirts :)

Seniors are having a hard time with the heat, lack of rain and high humidity.

Fish always fall first from the above before the seniors!

Drink lots of water, wear a hat, and avoid the hottest part of the day.

Many bars sell ice cold towels sealed in plastic for 10 THB. They are very refreshing when

placed on the forehead, neck and face for a bit of a cool down. Buy one for a lady as they love

men who surprise them with a little gift.

"Many bars sell ice cold towels sealed in plastic for 10 THB. They are very refreshing when
placed on the forehead, neck and face for a bit of a cool down. Buy one for a lady as they love
men who surprise them with a little gift."

laugh.png

I"ve yet to meet a lady who would love an ice cold towel as a "little gift" cheesy.gif