Bangkok Cabbie Arrested for Attempting to Rape Passenger

rooster59

Bangkok Cabbie Arrested for Attempting to Rape Passenger

By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

post-247607-0-96131200-1461372826_thumb.

Taxi driver Patiwat Boonsangiem sits and listens during a police news conference Friday in Nonthaburi province.

NONTHABURI — A taxi driver was arrested and accused of robbing and attempting to rape a passenger in northern Bangkok during the Songkran holiday last week, Nonthaburi police announced today.

Patiwat Boonsangiem was denied bail today following his arrest Thursday in Rayong province. His alleged victim, in her 30s, hailed Patiwat’s cab at a hospital in the capital city for a ride to Bangkok Bus Terminal on April 13 to catch a bus to her home province.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461324796

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-23

" Speaking to reporters at the police news conference, Patiwat claimed he robbed the victim because he needed money to pay off his debt, and he attempted to assault her because he felt “sexually aroused.”

In the twisted minds of a Thai Cabby, it makes it alright to act on one's urges, with complete disregards

to other humans you have entrusted to serve.....

I just hope that THIS cabby, will not end up with a 3,000 baht fine and a 3 months license suspensions

as the cabby earlier this week got....

Oh well if he robbed her to pay of debit that's not so bad and off it wad the way she was dressed that made him horney well that can't be helped it's just the Thai way 1000 Baht fine now don't do that again because it's naughty and these evil foreigners might tell other media about the Thai law being to lenient towards evil nasty perverted creeps like you

Never to work in the public transport system again? Perhaps? At least? Or a five year ban, even?

I don't know, I think pilloried in the stocks, in his hometown with a bin full of refuse of different types in front of him

and ladles for the public. 10 hours a day for 2 weeks. Why can't we be more creative here?

Oh. I forgot. in the land of Buddhas' compassion, its forgive and forget and lets get on with the circus. Is it not?

Oh well if he robbed her to pay of debit that's not so bad and off it wad the way she was dressed that made him horney well that can't be helped it's just the Thai way 1000 Baht fine now don't do that again because it's naughty and these evil foreigners might tell other media about the Thai law being to lenient towards evil nasty perverted creeps like you

No no no....200 Baht fine is enough.

Thai men are no worse than most when it comes to rape - and better than many. Don't believe me? Do a search of the top ten countries with the highest rape figures. Thailand does not figure, but the the US, UK, France, Germany and Sweden are all on the list. People in glass houses. . .

Thai men are no worse than most when it comes to rape - and better than many. Don't believe me? Do a search of the top ten countries with the highest rape figures. Thailand does not figure, but the the US, UK, France, Germany and Sweden are all on the list. People in glass houses. . .

Possibly this is because Thailand does not publicise it's true figures in order to save face... also the big and more important fact is the punishment for such crimes is much more severe in developed countries instead of a small fine and a slap on the wrist, this also goes for most crimes committed e.g. robberies, snatching valuables from innocent people walking down the street - this is a really bad Thai trait. Stealing motorbikes, cars etc. people can expect jail time and not just a small fine & "don't do it again telling off" - Sorry No glass house here check it out..!!!

It is Thailand after all and I guess this cabbie did not

want to get something from a street lady of the night.

Ha! I do know from my Thai relatives that rape is a

common thing in Thailand, not many women will go to the police to

report that they have been raped. Just like most countries in the world.

Pretty sad really. Geezer

My question is this: Of the 3 uniformed cops, which one is Moe, which is Larry, and which is Curly? I already know the one not in uniform is Shemp.

The man on the right side has a remarkable resemblance to Shemp.

Pah ! Our local Cop who lives nearby reckons MOST rape in Thailand is not even reported as it's 'in the family' and is happening on a daily basis.

No worse than most? You must be joking. Most are backward spoilt mommy boys who think they are allowed to do what they want. The reason why TH does not figure on global rape statistics is because most Thai women don't report rape to the authorities out of shame. Why is that? Because those same backward spolit mommy boys will blame them for being raped. Just as the mayor of Koh Tao said that it was the tourists fault for getting in harms way. It's their mindset, how they are wired, so to see another farang man say they are no different than us; speak for yourself mate but not for all of us

Nice 1, finally a post by somebody with common sense

My question is this: Of the 3 uniformed cops, which one is Moe, which is Larry, and which is Curly? I already know the one not in uniform is Shemp.

The man on the right side has a remarkable resemblance to Shemp.

Who is Shemp?. All I know is all three are seasoned paratroopers - as usual.

No worse than most? You must be joking. Most are backward spoilt mommy boys who think they are allowed to do what they want. The reason why TH does not figure on global rape statistics is because most Thai women don't report rape to the authorities out of shame. Why is that? Because those same backward spolit mommy boys will blame them for being raped. Just as the mayor of Koh Tao said that it was the tourists fault for getting in harms way. It's their mindset, how they are wired, so to see another farang man say they are no different than us; speak for yourself mate but not for all of us

Your hate against 'Thai men' seems to run very deep. How do you manage to live here ?

Your hate against 'Thai men' seems to run very deep. How do you manage to live here ?

How did you come to that very exaggerated conclusion luckyman? Perhaps you have a tendency to make things even worse than they are?? I don't hate them, I even work with them but I just see them as they really are and not with rose coloured glasses on. Besides I'm not talking about all of them, but most of them. Thank goodness there are lots of nice ones too

Edited by DaveinAsia

" Speaking to reporters at the police news conference, Patiwat claimed he robbed the victim because he needed money to pay off his debt, and he attempted to assault her because he felt “sexually aroused.”

In the twisted minds of a Thai Cabby, it makes it alright to act on one's urges, with complete disregards

I just hope that THIS cabby, will not end up with a 3,000 baht fine and a 3 months license suspensions

It would be great to see more victims simply remove these slimes from the earth. They could claim "the urge to not get raped," the urge to keep their money," or "the urge to stay alive."

Most rapists are driven by dysfunctional control urges and not always arousal.

In Central America I've seen cab drivers who rape tourists, which affects tourism get life sentences. Many get killed in prison or hit the wall and commit suicide within 7 years.

For many years when I traveled worldwide, if taxi drivers lied to me or refused to turn on the meter or drove in circles several times I never returned to that country. Years ago Vietnam was the worse along with Nicaragua.

If countries don't control the taxi drivers tourism is always affected in some way.

For a taxi driver to steal and try to rape a tourist, he has to be retarded or mentally challenged in some way. If not, he is beyond stupid. They need to lock this idiot up for many years and make an example from his actions. My opinions.

It didn't take long for the "it happens everywhere in the world" brigade to pop up. Of course rape happens everywhere in the world, but a taxi driver raping and then robbing their passenger? Stop being a Thai apologist.

It would be great to see more victims simply remove these slimes from the earth. They could claim "the urge to not get raped," the urge to keep their money," or "the urge to stay alive." Oh, they should also be paid 20,000 Bhat for their service.

Edited by Balance

Why not end these ongoing "taxi incidents" (cutomers raped, mugged, hacked to death by machete, etc.) by setting an example?

Life in prison without parole for this guy and any taxi driver that "slips" in the future. Taxi license revoked from unfriendly and insulting drivers, and 3 month ban for "taxi meteeer no can" drivers. The latter - three reported incidents within a year and license is gone. Easy!!!

Edited by MockingJay

It didn't take long for the "it happens everywhere in the world" brigade to pop up. Of course rape happens everywhere in the world, but a taxi driver raping and then robbing their passenger? Stop being a Thai apologist.

He is not being a Thai apologist, he is defending Thailand against uniformed, knee jerk, generalist opinions, its not the same thing.

He is not defending the rape, but facts are facts, women get raped by taxi drivers in every country and Thailand is far from being the worse.

We all know that too much rape goes on behind family doors, but again Thailand is a long, long way from being the worst country for women.

What in my view is worse, is that there are far too many defenders of rape on this forum. Especially if a tourist is involved.

There are also far too many taxi driver haters on this forum, most are hard working people who have to put up with appalling conditions driving all day for a pittance. Plus all the crap they get from passengers, especially farangs. But like in every country, taxi drivers are more exposed to strange situations than most other occupations. In the UK for instance it is far from unheard of for passengers to start having sex in the back seat and it happens here too as they pull out (pun intended) from Nana, PP or Cowboy, etc.

Blame the individual, not all Thai men.

..and if you drill one level further down you will see what groups of people are hugely over represented in rape crimes in those countries (hint: it isn't the one with western origin)

Just a reminder to all that quote on this blog. We are in Thailand. This is not Europe UK or America.

This is a third world country with third world standards. What is not accepted by the Western World is acceptable by Thai's.

These public transport operators need to be educated about new standards that is acceptable by the western wold.

Plenty of tourist from all over the world is visiting Thailand and experiencing all types of treatment that is not acceptable from these public transport operators.

The penalties on these misbehaving must be striker and not just a slap on the hand and a friendly warning "Don't do that again"