Jobs in Singapore and Brunei

AussieRules

Maybe not.

Re #1: "Preference will be given to candidates with a residence in Singapore as the office is located here."

Re #2: "Applicants who do not need a work permit to work in Singapore would also have an advantage."

Re #3: "We only consider Bruneian nationals and permanent residents of Brunei for this position."

Don't know about you but I'm off back to the bar.

Singapore is offering really low rates just now, no decent expat contracts. A couple of the bigger contractors like McDermott are shifting operations to KL and closing down their Singapore offices.

Maybe not.

Re #1: "Preference will be given to candidates with a residence in Singapore as the office is located here."

Re #2: "Applicants who do not need a work permit to work in Singapore would also have an advantage."

Re #3: "We only consider Bruneian nationals and permanent residents of Brunei for this position."

Indeed, but what surprises me most, is that Danes are usually less pompous, in my working experience with them.

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Maybe not.

While perhaps slim, the chances of them being unable to fill their positions within their preferences are certainly higher than the chances of finding a job in the bar.

Maybe not.

Indeed, but what surprises me most, is that Danes are usually less pompous, in my working experience with them.

Who's Danish?

Maybe not.

While perhaps slim, the chances of them being unable to fill their positions within their preferences are certainly higher than the chances of finding a job in the bar.

As one who has either hired people in a bar or worked with people who were hired in a bar, I beg to differ.

Even if they strike out on finding a local hire with the required qualifications, the coin they would offer a foreigner probably wouldn't even get me out of bed.

Maybe not.

In Jock land all the jobs were obtained in the local ale house, the meeting was only a formality if you knew your shit the job was yours

I worked 2 years in Malaysia for Shell with these local dickheads, and when they tried to cut my coin it was back the Middle East, hot as shit but way less hassle. I have worked all over the world in Oilfield and Asia was the worst, except for the girls in Labuan, and a few nights in Badak 3 in Indonesia.

Medan in Indonesia was also very nice for a long layover due to all the shit going on in Aceh

Maybe not.

In Jock land all the jobs were obtained in the local ale house, the meeting was only a formality if you knew your shit the job was yours

I worked 2 years in Malaysia for Shell with these local dickheads, and when they tried to cut my coin it was back the Middle East, hot as shit but way less hassle. I have worked all over the world in Oilfield and Asia was the worst, except for the girls in Labuan, and a few nights in Badak 3 in Indonesia.

Medan in Indonesia was also very nice for a long layover due to all the shit going on in Aceh

+1 on the Labuan girls.

Maybe not.

+1 on the Labuan girls.

Some good nights in Popin Labuan......

I first ventured into Labuan 20 years ago when working for Vetco Singapore, we used to stay at the Labuan hotel and drink in a joint called the Relax Bar, 5 years ago I was asked if I was interested in a two year contract for Shell, when I returned very little had changed except the amount of bars had increased big time.

28/28 onshore rotation in Labuan is hard on the body.