Phuket beaches

amdy2206

I recommend Ya Nui beach in Rawai. Safer beach, not known for rip tides and drownings as are Kata and Karon beaches. Many small resorts in the area too.

Good recommendation Chainsaw I like Yannui beach, very chill. Windmill resort is just down the road and they have a nice pool. Only drawback with Yannui are the rocks getting into the water, can be a toe stubber.

Laguna resorts, no. Entrapment. If you are at Angsana and see that the cheeseburger you want is going to run you 500thb, what are you going to do? It's not like you can step out to a restaurant right there, you'd have to taxi it out of the complex to the Boat whatever shopping area.

Kata is a good suggestion, Kata Beach Resort, maybe the OP might be interested in Club Med as they'll have people to watch his child if he/she wants to step out.

All Seasons Resort Nai Harn is also a good location, right across from the beach.

I recommend Ya Nui beach in Rawai. Safer beach, not known for rip tides and drownings as are Kata and Karon beaches. Many small resorts in the area too.

ya nui is all corals, very dangerous.

Nai harn lagoon is best for kids

There have been too many kids drowned in Nai Harn Lagoon! Ya Nui isn't all coral, it's mostly rocks...

ya nui is all corals, very dangerous.

Nai harn lagoon is best for kids

There have been too many kids drowned in Nai Harn Lagoon! Ya Nui isn't all coral, it's mostly rocks...

Im a pretty fit young guy and even myself i couldnt swim there 10mins the other day without 4-5 cuts on my legs from falling 4-5 times from mini waves on slipery rocks.

Horrible place to let kids play, the nai harn lagoon is barely head deep most of the time for a 3-4 year old kid. Just make sure they have swim aids or a tube and there can't be anything that goes wrong. It's a pool with sand.

Nothing can go wrong ? I guess you do not know where that water is coming from that feeds the Naiharn lagoon. It is fed from the drains on the side of the roads which are fed by runoffs and household drains including septic tanks. I had my Thai wife ask a water analysis laboratory in Phuketown to do a laboratory analysis of a sample from that lagoon and his retort was not to waste our money. He said he is very familiar with the lagoon and the bacterial count was off the charts. It is full of sewage !

If you had ever been there you would have seen the sea bringing tons of water at high tide

much cleaner than patong and other beaches that have direct sewage pipes from the hotels in. No algae, clear water and tropical fishes seem healthy.

Edited by bearpolar

The kid is 3! I doubt he will be heading in for a surf, or a paddle in a lagoon, anywhere by himself.

He'll be happy with a parent, in a hotel swimming pool.

If he wants to sit on the sand and play, almost any beach will do.

What does the OP want? He hasn't given any clues about budget, or preferences on beaches or entertainment. A bit hard to make recommendations.

it is safe, some kids with bad parents don't make the shallow lagoon unsafe.

However, Mr Aroon confirmed that he would not consider closing the lake or lagoon to swimmers.

These accidents are not caused by the water. Children must be supervised at all times, and should never be left alone,” he said.

I was playing in a waterslide a little while back, tmany of sign that says move away from the slide after you're done. This russian guy with 2 kids has been in the pool at the bottom for 15-20mins with 3 kids and a wife. Guess what, he let his kids play under the arriving slide the whole time, he's seen people coming down its REALLY fast.

Well i hit the kid with my ass bone right in the neck, could of snapped it. He cried for a long time, he was maybe 6-7.

If he had died, would the slide be deadly/dangerous or the russian not telling his kids to move(he still did not tell them after it happened) is to blame 100%?

Edited by bearpolar

What is these non-sense comment, i was there the other day and the ocean was pouring in.

BP, I thought you mentioned you were educated in Canada, aye?

"What is this nonsense comment".

Anyway, I've been there the last three days straight including last night and can guarantee you, the lagoon water is polluted, the berm is not allowing it to run off, the berm developed due to the ocean not making it up to where the lagoon water currently is.

Currently I am in Phuket so I hope it's o.k. if I post. Cheers dude and have a sunny Phuket day.thumbsup.gif

Bang Tao Beach without a doubt. . Stay in any of the hotels in Laguna. Try Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort or Angsana, both directly on the beach. Some good bargains on hotel rates in May as it is low season.

http://www.lagunaphuket.com/

Yes we have lived in Laguna for the past 16 years and fully support the above recommendation. The Dusit Hotel is very children friendly and has a nice pool for kids which will be useful when swimming is not allowed in the sea due to high tides. Enjoy your holiday.

My favorite is Kata Noi, just south of Kata. That said I do not recommend anywhere on

the west coast of Phuket during monsoon season (low season) for anyone with a 3 year

old. Just to stormy and wavy. Too many rip tides. sad.png

Kata Noi beach, Katahani hotel.

I think you mean the Katathani .... an excellent choice. Quality hotel with beach front right out front ... very nice ..

Yes, Katathani Hotel. Sorry about the misspelling. Very nice hotel and a lovely beach with limited public access.

Can't imagine why anyone would go to Phuket in May! Or any other month, actually. Might be lucky to find a clean beach and no "tides"I suppose. For the west coast I would go further south; though if it rains there will be jellyfish problems. I would have thought Lamai or Ko Chang were better solutions. Plenty of pleasant hotels with pools.